Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Keep items between floors

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 15, 2014, 1:52:42 PM
Hello guys,

I would like to discuss with you of something who bothers me a lot: the missing items between floors.

I just don't understand why this mecanism is in the game. Well, some people would tell me this is to avoid the merchant exploit (= buy all items just before leaving the floor for the next). But to my mind it's :

1/ a bad solution : Because it adds more things the player will never have a chance to play because of the random. A weapon on the first floor has 50 % chance to be useless (and that % increase if you have Golgy or two characters with the same weapon type). You just have to pray to find a merchant or a character who can use this weapon. Besides, if you have some "chests" events in rooms, I suppose it replace some other good events you could have (just some supposition based on my games). So basically you'll lost totally the reward if you can't equip or sell the items, and the chances to do that are smaller if you have a chest. Bad situation. :/

2/ not an exploit at all : I mean, come on, to do such sort of things (buy all merchant's items before leaving), there is one huge condition : the merchant needs to be alive until the end of the floor! And, well, I don't know for other players, but to me, it's an entire new level of strategy to try to protect the merchant until the end. Most of the time I just buy an item or two when I find him and let him die after. So why could a player not be rewarded for have protected the merchant until the end? Something which can be really hard and risky. The merchant could be found at the end of the level, yeah, but on the other hand, he could not be here at all. There is always a matter of luck. And I'm not sure my first supposition is more likely than the second.

What do you think about this thing? At first, I just thought it was pity, but after dozens of games, I found it was really annoying, and in some sort, pretty unfair. I'm sure a lot of people will not be agree with me, so, let me know why you think this mecanism is a good thing.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 6, 2022, 10:56:50 PM

I confess I thought you lost even the items your people were equipping between floors so I had a harder time than I needed to on early levels!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment