Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Science Cost for Resetting Cooldowns

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 12:21:31 PM
If I'm not wrong, the cost of resetting a cooldown scales linearly by skill level and turns left to reset.

I think with some abilities this is quite counterintuitive and should be reexamined. For example, Skroig's Red Plume goes from 4 to 5 to 6 seconds, from ranks 1 to 3. Having to pay the double the cost to reset for an extra 5 seconds actually discourages me to level Skroig past 8 in some circumstances, namely when I feel it's better to keep resetting Red Plume to get through floors. Elise's Shrapnellizer has a similar issue where the increased damage output doesn't match up to the increased science cost.

It's very weird to be actually discouraged from leveling up a hero when you have the food for it.

Please consider this.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 2:10:17 PM
You're right about the formula (currently: Skill Level x Turns Left x 3).

And yes, for some skills, the increase seems too strong.

We'll see if we can think of a better formula (but it needs to stay global) or maybe improve these particular skills...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 2:13:54 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
You're right about the formula (currently: Skill Level x Turns Left x 3).

And yes, for some skills, the increase seems too strong.

We'll see if we can think of a better formula (but it needs to stay global) or maybe improve these particular skills...

I think if you buff Shrapnellizer or Red Plume, Elise and Skroig will become overpowered (or imbalanced, if you take strength from them elsewhere). Better formula might be in order though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 27, 2015, 2:34:15 AM
Yeah, I think that would be a good change. It'd help to make the cost of skill resetting less intimidating so you could actually see it more often.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment