The in game timing doesn't really tell you a metric. Since it doesn't include the time when you pause the game it describes...the time that action is taking place? Because this game allows you to issue commands while the game is paused this should be incorporated into the in game timetable. The Elevator and Load Screens don't need to be included. If a person is constantly pausing during a wave to make sure there characters are healed, running to the proper rooms, or choosing items from a vendor mid-wave, the time spent was really 1 minute would say 30 seconds (made up times). The 30 seconds doesn't really tell you anything when you actually spent a minute on the wave. Also if a person spends 3 hours finishing the game and the end game screen says they spent 1 hour and 15 minutes it doesn't make much sense.

I know this seems minor, but it would help the speed running community a bunch to have the timer capture the in game time you have control of your heroes. Basically only take away the elevator and load times. This tells me how much time I actually spent clearing the game.