Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[DotE] Games2Gether & Advanced Events [Competition Over]

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 8, 2014, 5:33:23 PM
So currently some of these events are up for voting smiley: smile

Congratulations to those that made it on the list already. Hope we are only voting on priorities though and not what goes in and what gets left out - the more the merrier smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2013, 4:14:24 PM
Furry Familiar

Inspiration from drone; this small, strange, 4-legged, hocked footed, large eared, beige coloured fuzzy creature has been found upon opening the door, it takes a licking to the hero with the most wit, otherwise if wit is tied or some other restricting factor stops it going to the hero with the most wit it goes to second highest and so on. It will run away from monsters and hide behind the hero it is following, it is not targeted by monsters but the hero it is following gets a higher priority in targeting. It can however:

• Looks fuzzy and happily runs around with its tongue out.
  • Provides a wit bonus to the hero it is following, this would of course be displayed in said heroes stat line - its a rather itelligent creature.
  • Cheers the party up - interpret that as you will, whither buff, moral or sanity modifiers.
  • Can enter crawlspaces that heroes can not enter and bring "loot" back.

Crawlspace

The room has a small hole that only something small can enter, the room can also trigger other events, such as free dust, industry and what not; this hole is simply like-a-module in the room, in other words, part of the room. They can appear in any room. These crawlspaces are a bit like a locked chest that can only be opened by a small creature entering the space and bringing back the reward from the crawlspace. It is not guaranteed that the crawlspace will have anything at all, but there is a fair chance there will be something.

Broken Bridge/Chasm

Upon entering the room you are faced with a large... abyss into complete darkness or a pit with a waterfall etc. with a door on the other side. To cross the room you will need to spend some industry to fix the module in the room, then you can cross. This room cannot be powered until the module is fixed and will spawn flying monsters.

Data Library

Shelves of data slates line the walls of this room, most of them not functional or broken, upon opening the door you are rewarded with a box containing a wit item or something real "sciencey" related. Basically a *fixed* chest room.

What was that?!

As you enter the room a random door in the room, other than the one you entered... obviously; is bashed a few times... there is a chance that the monster inside will burst out instead of just wrecking the door - this monster is a mini-boss. The room connecting to that door is an end room, if it is the exit then the door is smashed open after a few heavy hits revealing a "mini-boss", who doesn't like the look of your heroes.

Drinking Den

Neutral and Friendly dungeon inhabitants occupy this end room and are sitting at tables having conversations and drinking, monsters will not enter this room. Your heroes can exchange some dust or industry with the large bartender cleaning glasses for food and gain some free food, a bit like a merchant... of food. Chance that a hire-able hero will inhabit this room and will sit at the center table with their "Hi I'm a hero bubble" upon entering. Chance that it is instead it is a merchant, of any type including machine, at the center table/center of the room.

Pressured Situation

The room has a pipe that looks as if its going to burst, unless you use some industry to fix it in the next few turns it will burst flooding the room with its contents - whether water, gas or fire... bees... fire bees... whatever. Most likely it will be a water pipe and the room will become flooded with water, slowing down movement inside the room and powering it will electrify the floor hurting heroes and enemies alike.

Smart-Lock-Box

A locked box that is indestructible and cannot be opened any other way than to break the "code". Chest simply requires that a hero of high enough wit in the room to open it, clicking on the box will display required wit.

I will add to this as i have more ideas, indeed i do but I am needed right now so ill be back later. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2013, 10:34:28 PM
Hmm.. For random events all I can think of would be:

1.) Rooms with statues that give permanent buffs for that level of the dungeon (regenerating HP, more damage, more defense, etc...).

2.) Rooms with lore (giving backstory and information on the creatures or even people who had previously explored and/or died there).

3.) Traps that cause de-buffs to the hero who opened the door.

4.) A Blacksmith who can improve weapons and armor for the price of industry (or food, not dust, since the merchant already buys that up).

5.) A friendly creature could appear and follow the hero that feeds it a set amount of food, it could simply act as an extra combatant (but cannot be controlled directly or leveled up).

6.) A Special vendor who sells really rare and special gear for high prices.

7.) A room with treasure that can be sold to a merchant for a big amount of dust.

8.) A room with a boss creature that is slow but has high HP (better have good defenses!).

9.) A room with a special treasure chest that requires a key (the keys can be found in a room as a random event as well, and can be carried throughout each level until you find the chest).

10.) A teleporter that can teleport you back your crystal (in case you are really far away and the crystal is in danger...).

11.) A room with a robot drone that can patrol the dungeon and repair defenses that are damaged (at the cost of industry to power it on).

12.) A sprite of Gabe Newell gives you useless advice whilst teasing Half Life 3 (ok, now I'm just being silly).

13.) A special creature with a bag of dust appears and tries to run away, if you kill it successfully it gives you a large amount of dust.

Those are just a few ideas I can come up with. I could go on forever with random events, but I'd rather not take way too much of everyone's time trying to read all of them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 1, 2014, 7:38:58 AM
The first thing that popped into my head was discovering prebuilt modules and turrets, the only thing required from the player is to power the room. That and finding groups of neutral monsters that don't follow the characters, but attack within the room and attack mobs as well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 1, 2014, 7:48:48 AM
APrivateer wrote:
That and finding groups of neutral monsters that don't follow the characters, but attack within the room and attack mobs as well.

OOH! That's a pretty great one right there! Maybe make them ancient defense drones that were built to defend the room?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 6:49:31 AM
You should look at FTL for inspiration. Whenever you make a jump to a system, all kinds of scenarios can play out. You can get a new crew member, you can lose a crew member, you can get invaded, you can unlock a new item, you can get directions and instructions for a future encounter, and it's all text-driven. You never know what you're gonna get when you land on a new system/room, and that's exactly what I expected/hoped from this game.

It'd be great if rooms had NPCs with popup conversations where the conversation determines the outcome. I hope the dungeons are heavily populated with this stuff, because having empty rooms with nothing more than spawning enemies really makes the game feel dry.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 9:17:16 AM
Harmony Shuttle

You find an old, weird looking shuttle, partially constructed of crystals. Suddenly, the crystals start forming something. When they are done, a tall figure is standing in front of you, obviously confused.

[Nowonecouldhavethechoicetoeitherkilltheharmonyandsavagealargeamountofdustfromtheship,soreacthostileorreactfriendly,trytocommunicate,andfinallygainingitasapermanentcrewmember.]

Can'o'Soda

Your crew finds an old trading ship, lost and consumed by the dungeon. Even though most of it is rotten away or just not something one should have skincontact with, you find an old box with some soda. You recognize the mark, and the due-date on the cans tells you they still should be good.

[Nowagainthepersoncanchoosetoeitherdrinkit,whichcouldcauseforexample20%decreasedhealth,becausethedrinkisananti-energydrink,ornotdrinkingitandinsteadrefiningtheleftoverstogetlike5or10food-units]

Book of eternal Nightmare

Deep inside an ancient library, on a small table you find a big book. It has strange markings on it and is held together by metalbars wrapped around it, which have over the ages rotten away. You could easily break them, even though the book emits a weird aura of uncomfort.

[Nowopeningitcouldcausetheherotobeovercomebyhorriblenightmares,givinghimgreatdebuffsforatleast5rounds.Debuffscouldinclude20%lessdamage,25%lesshealthand/orevenmovementspeedbeingdecreasedcritically.NOTopeningthebookwouldcauseaghosttoappearoutofnowhere,beggingyoutorenewtheseal,whichwouldcostyoulike10or15dust.Ifyoudoso,theghostwouldbecomequitehappy,becausehenowcouldrestinPeace.Hegrantsallyourhero'sbuffs,lastingthenextatleast5rounds,heprobablycouldalsorefundyoutheuseddust,asathankforyourtrustinhim.Buffscouldbe25%morehealth,20%moreattackand/or50%increasedarmor.Nothelpingtheghostwillcauseittoturninsanelysadandangry,sending1-3hostileghostsuponyou.Ifyoudefeatthem(theyshouldntbetoostrong)alaughingwillbeheard,slowlyfadingaway.]

Radioactive Leak

In the wall of the next room you find a small hole in the wall. Your measuring devices tell you theres increased radioation coming from behind the wall. it could be an radioactive energy source, used to boost your crystals efficiency. Do you want to break through?

[Now,thiseventcouldtriggerdifferentthings.Letsfirstassumethechamberisopened(otherwisesimplynothinghappens),ata20%chanceyouwillfindanoldgenerator,poweredbycoldfusion.althoughitappearsdamagedyouareabletorepairitandboostyourcrystalsenergyoutputby20%.Atan80%chancetheradiationwillbeemittedfromLawrencium-ore,arareandhighlydangerousmaterial.Here,arandomherointheroomgetschosen.ata80-90%chancehegetsradioactivelyburnt,causinghimtoloose50%HPforatleast5rounds.(ata10%chancetheradiationcoulddestroyanitemtheherohasequipped)Ata20-10%chancethehero'sDNAwillbepositivelyalteredbythesubstance,givinghimfutureimmunitytoradiationandgrantinghimincreasedhealth,around15-25%,andincreaseddamage,around10-20%.]

Information about Enemies

Okay, I admit here I let myself get inspired by Risk of Rain. Enemies could have a certain chance of dropping an information booklet with some background information, or heros could be able to find lost pages of an old book, which describes the monsters. I think it would really be a good Idea to implement some information here, another really GOOD reason for such a booklet would be the endless possibility of placing some jokes in there, like those big crystal things like to eat chocolate(although noone knows how).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 4, 2014, 12:05:50 PM
Some random room ideas of mine, trying to stick to the guidelines (but keeping it simple is not as simple as it sounds!). For some reason, it was more easy to create bad-things-will-happen. However, I forced myself to have some beneficial stuff, too. Perhaps deep inside me, I want these heroes die horrible deaths smiley: yell (so that I will have to play the game many many times to reach the exit)

Dysfunctional, but rewarding exit

When the crystal is brought to this alternate exit (there always should be a regular one), time is needed to proceed to the next floor. So the exit room must be defended by the other heroes. For the extra effort, the player is rewarded extra resources (smiley: food and smiley: industry or a higher amount of starting smiley: dust on the next level).

Poison gas room

All heroes which pass this room or stay within it have their maximum health capped to 50%. When outside of the room, the health limit is back to normal, and if the heroes can regenerate health (skills / items / no monsters in dungeon), they will do so. As an alternative, this event may be global. But then, the effect of the gas should be weaker, and it should fade (e.g. on the turn when the poison room is opened, the dungeon is flooded with gas, reducing the heroes’ max health to 60%, on the next turn the effect weakens [80%maxhealth], on the third turn the gas is completely gone).

Blackout

For one turn, all activated rooms adjacent to the opened room are unpowered forcefully (marked with some extra effects such as sparks). The smiley: dust of these rooms is locked (cannot be regained by manually switching the power status of the rooms to off) for the time of the blackout, probably few turns such as 1-3.

Breeding Pit

Monster related stuff happens here if it remains unpowered. Possible ideas: High chance of waves appearing in this room / Every turn a small number of monsters appears here (in addition to regular waves) / Waves with stronger or special monsters appear in this room. If the additional monsters carry smiley: dust, this could be used to gain income (for the risk of harder battles).

Ancient nanofactory

Contains a sensitive machine (which maybe attracts attacking monsters and which probably cannot be repaired) which gives a bonus if it is powered for several turns (and survives). Bonus might be resources or rare items.

Endless smiley: science / smiley: industry / smiley: food pod

Like above, contains a vulnerable machine which may be so sophisticated in design that it cannot be repaired. Gives more resources than standard pods, but must be operated by a hero to work. Wit bonus does apply regularly.

Creepy room

Something terrible has happened here - not long ago. A room with lots of gore and detached body parts, reducing morale. Heroes fighting here are weakened (reduced defense and damage).

Map terminal

Gives some kind of information about the current level. Maybe needs to be powered for one or few turns to release the information. Maybe the player has to pay a small amount of smiley: dust to get it running. It could tell the player about the content of few rooms or the connection of some rooms (only doors and room shapes are shown, not what will wait inside).

Dust refinery

A room with a risk-benefit tradeoff. To be activated, it needs extra smiley: dust, a significant amount so that the player is probably forced to turn off some rooms. After a defined amount of turns, the smiley: dust is given back, with a bonus (may be chosen from smiley: food / smiley: industry / :sciencesmiley: smile.

Tech disabling interference

All turrets in adjacent rooms are deactivated for some turns (perhaps 3).

Connector room

Even if this room is unpowered, adjacent rooms can be powered (if the connector room is next to a powered room). However, in unpowered state, monsters can spawn here. Could be indicated by large, pulsating plasma tubes on the walls. Star Trek, here we come.

The good old don't touch the artifact room

In the middle of the room, an artifact (cool equipment for the heroes) is placed on a holder. The player can choose to take it. If he does so, especially angry monsters will spawn.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 4, 2014, 11:22:19 PM
General events:

Pieces stucked:

There is a (5% + 1 each level) chance when a module got destroyed that you can't build no future module on it.

Infected:

There is a (1% + 0.1 each level) when hit by a monster that your hero got infected.

You don't regen Hp, you need x4 food (20) to heal and recover from the infection.

Event when you open a room:

Pitch Black(0.1% Chance):

"The lights showtdown, sorry but riddick isn't here to help..."

All the rooms except the one with the core power is dark (not confuse with unpower).Your players can't attack monsters on a darkroom, only your modules.

At the end of the current monster wave all your heros get +1 range.

Stargate(0.2% Chance):

There is a room with a strange door... what could it be?.."

If you use 150 dust you create a portal on that room that make you enter on an another dungeon, where monsters like to reproduce themselves so the the waves greatly increase.

Hard mode of the game.

Endless defense(0.2% Chance):

Too much blood here...what happened?"

Bring the power core to this room (it's a big room with many places to build modules), if you defeat the "x" waves ("x" is the level where the room is found) you will win a rare blueprint.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 1:07:54 PM
Room that cannot be powered by dust could be interesting (if not the sole way to the exit).

Rooms you need to repair before they can be used for something (needing specific plans/ or finding an npc in another room to bring back there)

Epidemic that need to be cured before changing level (npc) or when changing a 25% chance of death per heroes

Vacuum cleaner room : directly go with your crystal to the next level (too bad for your easy exploration or great the level was a bust).

Lore discovery (books / piece of old newspaper...) that adds nothing apart from story of the world/dungeon (wall writing next to a skeleton...)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 6, 2014, 11:10:54 AM
These ideas are somethings i thought off ether based of posts before or just something i thought of randomly while thinking, if you can build off them go for it smiley: smile i have never been really good at coming up with short and easy events smiley: frown

I liked the idea where there is some old Endless Devices defending a room from every thing, so it s a positive and a negative go around, destroy, run through or even maybe try and hack them?

Could have artifacts from the past how ever many people whom went through there which would some how grant a little bit of smiley: science or if you rather you could take it and sell it off for smiley: dust or even have a small short quest line that would show up requiring a X amount of them by X level to revive a X amount of resources that the player chooses between or an item to assist at a later time, Although taking it would cause a stir from the dungeon mobs as long as you have it, could cause waves to appear prematurely when your just waiting around or thinking maybe?

i like the idea of some crazed survivor whom the hero's have to deal with some how, an idea i haven't seen or maybe missed (sorry if i did) is that the survivor has his own crystal and is holding himself up in a room with similar devices that the player has all ready unlocked, this could be a later game one to give the player an extra life in case of a major slip up, a distraction for the monsters, or even a deterrent by putting him right out side the only way to the exit. (though you'd have to have his crystal self destruct when he is defeated)

some random events to ether bring the hero's together or pull them apart, just cause there trying to survive doesn't mean that they all have to like each other, could have a bonus to wit or attack power for every hero who likes each other in the room and a negative to the stated skills before for every dislike. if they dislike each other enough one could defect and turn hostile trying to destroy the hero's attempt to survive.

a cruel but possible challenge making event would be a pulse or sonic wave that cascades through out all of the level and could wreak havoc with the player built structures having any magnitude of possibilities, could power bonus weapons or weaken even turn them against the player, could even make them rouge to where they attack everything including other devices in the room. could super power modules or weaken them, make them more vulnerable or strengthen them, (going out on a limb) could make the module a spawner and turn the weapons against the players.

could have a event which adds a fear to the hero, reducing their combat effectiveness against it or even making it to where they will refuse to open doors or sit in a room with a certain back drop alone.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 6, 2014, 5:11:35 PM
Ping artifact You discover an artifact that send out a circular pulse revealing the layout (fully or partially) of adjacent rooms.

Dust artifact Artifact causes room to power up but also opens all the other doors connected to the room. Optional: artifact can be moved with similar effects (it will power one room but will cause all the doors connected to said room to open).

Rare timed events Upon powering a room a device rises from the floor, it seems to be some sort of countdown. You have a couple minutes to make it out (to the next level I mean) before the level self destructs/wall close in/floods/anything really.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 7, 2014, 6:27:02 AM
Something that speaks of the lore of the universe in some way would always be nice for me at least (lore freak). I'm all about finding the ancient technologies and all that good stuff. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 28, 2013, 5:55:58 AM
Flooded

Powering the room will electrify the floor. Power must be removed to allow heroes to move through safely. It will also act as a cheap defense (to non-flying enemies only) while powered.

Sinkhole

Both characters and non-flying enemies must edge around the room, slowing movement. No defenses can be built here. Adjacent rooms may collapse as well.

Explosion/Vacuum

• v1 The room is at a much higher pressure and blows the hero back, causing damage and a short stun.
  • v2 The room is at a much lower pressure and sucks the hero in, causing damage and a short stun.

Audio Log

A remnant of some previous party passing through is found. It contains information about the native life that permanently increases/decreases hero damage to/from a specific type of monster.

Slipgate (rare)

Slipgate must be powered with smiley: dust. Entering it leads:

• 2 levels up (the hero will immediately return telling the others to follow and end the level) -- 90% chance
  • to interstellar space (any hero or enemy in the room will be sucked into the gate until the room is unpowered) -- 10% chance

Contagion

Infectious cloud emanates from the door. Door opener and anyone else in the previous room are infected. If infected enter a room with other heroes, those heroes are infected. Infection halves HP regen and can only be cured with a manual heal (obviously, consuming 4 smiley: food per infected hero).

Aftershock

Upon opening the door, remaining orbital debris from the Success event make impact on random rooms throughout the level. They cause damage to defenses, heroes, and monsters. Monsters are disturbed by the event and a few waves are generated. Cannot occur on the first few levels.

Helper Drone

A floating helper drone will imprint on the door opener and follow them around. The drone has low HP, weak defenses, and is a primary target for monsters. However it can:

• Fully illuminate unpowered rooms
  • Hover by doors that lead to rooms with module nodes
  • Electrocute enemies for low damage
  • Provide a targeting (damage) bonus to heroes that use projectile weapons
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 8, 2014, 5:37:56 PM
Thank you all for these random events suggestions. smiley: wink We really enjoyed reading them and we have to admit that it has not been easy to pick only a few of them. For the new GAMES2GETHER vote, we chose 9 of your submissions and made three categories.

Please understand that this time, we chose to go with events that aren't too complex for the player but also for the implementation in game, as they will not need too many interactions. We also redesigned some of them to make them more suitable for the game. We were looking for events that are likely to happen quite a lot in the course of the game, so we try to avoid the proposals that stood out.

Congratulations to the pre-selected random event designers in this week's GAMES2GETHER vote. smiley: smile Throughout the development of the game, though our schedule can be tight, we will try to keep on adding more ideas from you, organise contests, etc., in the future so stay tuned and vote here. smiley: approval

"Endless Bonus" Events

"Special Room" Events

"Dungeon-Catastrophe" Events

Here is a selection of events that did not make it to the G2G vote but that we really liked and are keeping in mind for other votes: smiley: draw

0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 8, 2014, 9:02:53 PM
ColdHannibal wrote:
Can we still post ideas that can be considered for later?

If you have an idea, post it. They may have to concentrate their effort on other aspects of the game, but it would be a shame to miss the chance to enrich the game at some point in the future, just because fan of the game stayed silent smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 8, 2014, 10:11:01 PM
if that´s so, then smiley: wink

The good ol´ bench

"You come across a room filled with metal junk. In the middle of the room you spot an old but functional workbench. How long willt it work though ?"

- Every use of the workbench costs more smiley: industry

- Every user of the workbench provides a chance for an item.

- After any use, the workbench can explode smiley: warning (possible harm ?)

(- Possible function of upgrading an existing item into a better rarity for a high smiley: industry cost ?)

Do you feel lucky ?

"In the remains of another room there is an enourmus slot machine, waiting for the next bypasser to try his luck.

The skeleton at its side isn´t a bad sign, trust me. Do you feel lucky ?"

- Every use of the slot machine costs smiley: dust

- Every use can provide additional smiley: industry, smiley: dust, smiley: food, smiley: science or items

- After any use, the slot machine can explode smiley: warning (possible harm ?)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 13, 2014, 12:00:41 PM
I have another one :

La sale défaite

A thief is stealing your smiley: dust ! All the rooms are depowered except where the thief is, and he is heading directly towards the exit.

His speed is depending on how much dust he transports (lot of smiley: dust meaning he is slower)

You must reach him before he escapes.

As you are without dust, you are pretty defenseless - BUT a good strategy would be to follow the thief with one mate transporting the crystal, as the thief will lead the path to the exit.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment