Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[DotE] Games2Gether & Advanced Events [Competition Over]

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 2:11:04 PM
Hi guys,

The Game2Gether is back at last, with two exciting votes for Dungeon of the Endless. Check out the blog post for more details.

MID TERM PRIORITY

We have one simple question: what kind of Random Events do you want to have in Dungeon of the Endless? smiley: draw

EDIT (12-26-2013):

"Mysterarts" wrote:

Some remarks:

- It would be nice if you could give a short title to your ideas;

- We are looking for events which happen in an open room but also in the entire dungeon (global events, like currently waves, or for example fire in random events);

- We love original / absurd / weird ideas, but keep in mind that first and foremost we’re looking for events which will regularly occurs.

Try to avoid:

- Event with delay or timer in second;

- Use items other than equipment (like keys, potions…);

- Complex interactions.

Tip:

- Keep it simple! The event has to be understandable very quickly.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 22, 2013, 9:09:59 PM
The black box of the Success: You find the ship records of the black box. It's data contains:

Information on one of your heroes: impacts group dynamics (a serial murder is working alongside you???)

Improved schematics: reduce cost to build one kind of module.

Alarms for opening without being witty enough: induce a wave of stronger monsters.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 23, 2013, 5:49:00 AM
10) Abandoned Research Lab - power up this room (or bring crystal here) and wait some time to extract information about mysterious alien race. You need to find more abandoned research labs to extract 100% information. After that you will unlock new alien hero and new alien race in Endless Space! smiley: redface
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 23, 2013, 2:16:47 PM
Pandora's Box: You come across an ominous looking crate (spooky blue lighted runes and stuff). Opening it (with appropriate screeching and scary spirits flying out of it) will either destroy all your structures, kill the hero opening the box, reduce your current dust significantly, or spawn enemies in all explored rooms, regardless of whether they're powered or not (or some other bad thing). However, in it is a piece of powerful Endless technology (probably a weapon or blueprint or some other form of "leet lootz") that is capable of defeating even the most heinous of foes. The player can choose to not open the box, but once they open the next door, the box despawns, and the opportunity to obtain the Endless technology in it is lost.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 5:52:26 PM
Hehehe, some propositions are really excellent !

I think of some like :

Space Brothel

- You encounter a big room where there is a harem with some Eunuk guards and Jabba the Amoeba.

The rest of the story is yours to imagine as you can free the girls for a fee, or fight against the guards. Maybe a small reward ? smiley: wink

Angry lonesome ranger

- In the room there is an hero too old for this stuff, living between some space hens, space sheeps and an Endless TV. Some eggs and a strange homebrew beer to buy, and a funny story to hear from this old chap.

The monster show

You encounter someone that is willing to give you a big weapon for some show. If accepted, you are sent in a pit and must survive against some monsters to be able to open the door. Exclusively shown on Endless TV ! :P

The rabbit chase

When you open the door, you see some aliens with a small rabbit, only survivor of this kind, fully attracted to crystals.

As you talk with the aliens, the rabbit escape. If you catch it before it goes to the crystal, all is ok. But if the rabbit begins to eat some crystal stuff, it polymorphs to a bigger creature. Run away !!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 9:59:47 PM
First off- Again, I'm really impressed with the current alpha and can't wait to see where you Devs take this. There are lots of interesting ideas in this thread, here are some of mine:

Some Ideas:

Ancient Autodoc- A unique room with all sorts of dubious looking robotic medical equipment (let the artists go nuts!). Any time a character or enemy enters the room, they loose a 10% of their health. However, characters stationed in the room regain health at an increased rate. "I think it just removed my spleen!" -Gork "Butcher" Koroser

Forgotten Bio-Suspension Pod This has been suggested before, and I love the idea. A mysterious biological lifesupport pod at the center of the room. You can open it, or not. Sometimes it contains a free ally. Other times it produces a dangerous enemy. Maybe percentage chance that it's rotten and the occupant has died. "I swear, something is alive in there..." -Nurse Deena Ratchet

Horrific Automated Abattoir Another unique room and opportunity for the artists to get creative. Every enemy (or character) that dies in this room generates a small amount of food for the player. Maybe there is also a percentage increase to damage dealt to player characters in the room to offset the bonus. "We're expected to eat that?!" -Sara Numas

The Device A technological machine that accepts items and turns them in to other items (random from a set of possible outcomes). Maybe a percentage chance to get a small amount of dust instead of a random item, or even a small percentage chance for a malfunction that depletes an amount of player industry or dust. "It looks a little like a nanoforge, but I've never seen one that works so quickly, or erratically." -Josh 'Ntello

Abandoned Altar A techno-cult place of worship. It periodically spawns weak but numerous cultist monsters who do not leave the room but do violently attempt to sacrifice player characters. "If that's what the altar looks like, I'd hate to meet whatever they were worshiping." -Troe Pekenyo

The Mad Hermit A survivor alone in the dungeon. For an amount of dust, he'll point out the direction of the level's exit. "I don't know how he's survived this long on his own and it's probably best we don't think about that too hard." -Max O'Kane

The Armory A unique room featuring a couple of random weapon items. However, the automated defenses are active! Includes several hostile turrets that need to be defeated before the weapons can be looted. "Unauthorized Intruders Detected: Engaging liquidation protocol." -AI Security Subroutine A/17-B
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 26, 2013, 4:24:26 AM
@DudeBoogaloo

Every one of those is a solid suggestion and something I'd like to see implemented. I think the Autodoc should be harsher, though. Perhaps something like spend 10 smiley: dust and get, for the character that activates it,

• Permanent +2 points to a major stat -- 10% chance
  • Permanent +10% to max HP -- 70% chance
  • Instant death -- 20% chance

Perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 26, 2013, 5:41:37 PM
Hello,

Thank you to all for these random events ideas!

You can continue to make proposals: we are reading everything carefully

After our holidays, we will make a selection of workable ideas for DotE.

I edited the first post with some infos:

"Mysterarts" wrote:

Some remarks:

- It would be nice if you could give a short title to your ideas;

- We are looking for events which happen in an open room but also in the entire dungeon (global events, like currently waves, or for example fire in random events);

- We love original / absurd / weird ideas, but keep in mind that first and foremost we’re looking for events which will regularly occurs.

Try to avoid:

- Event with delay or timer in second;

- Use items other than equipment (like keys, potions…);

- Complex interactions.

Tip:

- Keep it simple! The event has to be understandable very quickly.

Thank you for your participation and happy holiday smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 26, 2013, 8:21:32 PM
OK, here are some ideas for level-wide events vs. the single room stuff:

Self-Replicating Nano-Horror- Upon opening the room that triggers this event, the player character(s) encounter a single gelatinous blob of Nanomachines gone amok. It's got high hit points, but does low damage. However, it self-replicates ever so many seconds, and they spread throughout the level. If you don't kill it/them quickly (might require two heros to finish off the first one), they will continue to replicate, eventually becoming so numerous that the overrun the player's defenses. Basically a wave of monsters that is variable based on how fast/smart the player deals with it. There is some chance to create a risk/reward scenario here for the player, in that they could try to farm extra dust by carefully managing and killing the creatures, but it'd have to be tough to do without it getting out of control and overwhelming the player. "These Nanoclouds are malfunctioning. Suggest immediate and violent decommissioning."-Opbot DV8

"They're chewin' on the power cables!" Suddenly, the light and power of a powered room begins to flicker. If the player doesn't find the cause in the next X door opens, the room powers down in a blackout and can't be repowered. The cause is in an unopened room in the level featuring a bunch of coiled cables and cool jacob's ladder-type electrical stuff in the background, with a wave of monsters that are all chewing on the equipment. They're more than happy to chew on the player characters instead. Once the room is cleared, the blackedout room(s) are repowerable. "It appears that Max is right. It does seem that the power disruption is the result of something feeding on the electrical system of this level." - Josh 'Ntello

Seismic Anomaly The level is unstable. Each time a door is opened, the vibrations cause a random cave-in, with the effect of debris or fallen stalactites to crush and cover a random turret socket. This event could escalate depending on number of doors opened, with increasingly serious consequences. Level 2 of the event could cause a more significant cave-in, crushing a random generator socket, with level 3 causing a room wide collapse that does significant damage to any characters in the room. "I will dodge these rocks with ease. You... I am not so sure." -Hikensha

Subaurigan Mega Slug- A giant, near room-size Mega Slug lives on this level. It leaves a trail of toxic slime in rooms that lasts X door opens and that damages any biological that enters the room. It isn't hostile, but it shrugs off attempts to destroy it. It moves from it's starting room to another room on every door open. Can actually block passage (It's huge!) when it occupies the smaller corridor rooms. "Yeah, great, a forty foot slime worm. Now I've seen everything."- Sara Numas
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 26, 2013, 8:26:11 PM
Thanks, Anosognos! I had fun coming up with them. I agree that the Autodoc could use some tweaking to make it less of a gift to the player and more of a gamble. Most of these are more tense (read: fun) when the risk and reward are proportional.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 26, 2013, 10:32:57 PM
Panic attack A hero has a sudden overwhelming feeling of horror and begins to cower in the room they are currently in. They progressively lose their experience until you find the exit. A) they run directly to the exit and appear in the next level with a 50% chance of being returned to normal B) They have a 25% chance of recovering each turn the exit is not found C) If the exit is not found in X number of turns they commit suicide.

Injury a hero has a crippling injury and their speed, attack, defense etc. They have a 33% chance of recovering each turn or can be healed for X food.

We're saved!!... not. Another space ship is found with either survivors or loot (and some monsters) or some special object.

EDIT: Restaurant You find a restaurant that sells to everyone. 50% of mobs turn peaceful when in this room. A) Sack the place and get plus X food and the restaurant is destroyed. B) Keep the restaurant safe and get plus X dust per turn.

That's all for now and all the numbers can be tweaked smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 27, 2013, 3:37:23 AM
Gas Leak

The room contains a burst pipe leaking flammable gas. The gas can be used as a tool but is also a risk.

The gas will spread to adjacent rooms until it is ignited. Ignition can be caused by firing a projectile weapon in any room with gas or powering the room with the leak. Ignition will cause heavy damage to all heroes and enemies in a room containing gas.

This can be used strategically by retreating and then powering the room.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 27, 2013, 2:13:32 PM
Earthquakes

An earthquake causes structural damage to one or more rooms.

-lose modules/turret spots

-chance of spawning rooms with chasms/cave-ins in subsequent levels (impassable barriers that require hunting alternative paths)

-low chance of auto-killing a hero.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment