Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Any good naval combat game?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 4:26:46 PM
Hey guys, I just want to know if you know about (or recommend) any good, modern naval combat game. I would like games like Battlestations: Pacific, which unfortunatelly didn't have a sequel.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 8:28:41 PM
Mhm, maybe "Sins of a Solar Empire" is the right series for you? smiley: smile

It's on Steam too.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 9:58:59 PM
If you're looking for a more Sci-Fi game, then I would say Empire at War especially if you like Star Wars, but Battlestations: Midway is the prequel to Battlestations: Pacific if you are looking for a game like it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 10:41:48 PM
Yea I'd really recommend Empire at War over Sins. Sins has no naval progression and is just a giant mess of combat. Shogun 2 has really nice naval battles.... Guns of Icarus Online if you like gun ships (but it's FPS style: a captain, engineer, gunner, etc) Sword of the Stars (One) is a nice combat oriented 4X (hardly anything outside of combat). Nexus: The Jupiter Incident isn't too bad, or Leviathan: Warships (but I haven't tried it :P). Outside of that, you are like me, hoping for a lost cause smiley: stickouttongue (you can wait for reviews of Novus Aeterno when it comes out). You COULD also try Stardrive... but people say it isn't... fully polished yet? Anywho, toodle-oo
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 2:50:39 AM
Well, I already have Sins of a Solar Empire. And when I said "naval combat game", I meant this:

And not exactly this:

But your answers still count, and I will take a look at Empire at War. lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 9:24:28 AM
I personally prefer the Silent Hunter (Submarines) sub-genre - Never liked sailing around in a big destroyer. But sneaking around in enemy waters in your killer sub and plotting and calculating torpedo strikes on unassuming surface ships is such an adrenaline rush. lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 4:10:30 PM
Silent Hunter Series is awesome...but its a game for patient people...and u only drive one submarine...not a fleet nor a Destroyer.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 6:26:18 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Silent Hunter Series is awesome...but its a game for patient people...and u only drive one submarine...not a fleet nor a Destroyer.

You have a legitimate reason to blast out the Jaws theme at full volume through your blasters though. smiley: twisted
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 25, 2013, 7:31:59 PM
I loved playing Silent Hunter 3 and traveling up to Scapa Flow and causing havoc up in the shipyards. I think you can speed up movement on the map, so traveling wasn't all that bad unless you get attacked on the surface by some airplane and found yourself dead. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 26, 2013, 1:21:33 AM
you could try the Ironclad series. However I just got it in a bundle and did not really play alot. looks very naval tho.

PS: Schleswig war does not run on 64 bit systems :/

Sofar Shogun 2 really impressed me the most when it comes to Naval combat. Good for late 19th century fun for Segoku period, rundundant but enjoyable for Gempei period(just the naval warfare here). Empire and Napoleon also have quite reasonable Naval battles, however I never really got into that.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment