Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Auto-Resolve vs. Manual - Can this be fixed?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 11:44:38 AM
So this entire post is predicated on an assumption that I'm not 100% sure is correct, but I have seen some odd things.

It appears that the "auto-resolve" combat system differs from the Manual resolution in more than just card play. I think I remember reading that the strength values of the fleets are used in auto-resolve? This leads to some fundamentally frustrating features.

Fleet A has some destroyers with missiles and kinetics defenses. Fleet B has ships with kinetics attacks and kinetics defenses. When I go into a manual resolution fro this battle, Fleet A wins with no losses and almost no damage. When I auto-resolve it, both sides take heavy losses. This is extremely frustrating if you've purposefully built ships to function in manual combat, only to find them functioning differently in auto resolve. This wouldn't be a problem, except that the developers have stated that they don't want players resolving more than one combat manually.

If that is the case, I would suggest running the simulation (it can't take more than a second to simulate each battle right? The math doesn't seem that hard) for auto-resolve functions, even without the cards. I don't mean it should be run visually, just have the computer do the math, just don't show us the battle. This inconsistency really bothers me :\
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 12:45:47 PM
I cannot confirm that to be true.

For example when I autoresolve vs. Pirates and have 60% weapons and 40% Deflectors, I win with little losses despite having less MP, just because I countered them.

Do you have a savegame just before a fight that provides an example for your claim of a massive difference in the result between autoresolving and manual combat?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 9:45:48 PM
Hmm, maybe there were other factors at work. I don't have a save game, but I'll try to pay close attention in the future.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 10:43:32 PM
There are a few hero abilities that, when used, will totally throw whatever balance the battle has out the window.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 11:41:31 AM
My personal experience is with the Battle Cards. They are designed to act like deciding strategies in the battle just like real admirals in fleets would. When you take manual control these become your decision instead of the computers. If these cards are misused or you use, say, overclock and all their attack modules are missiles... well you increase your chance to be hit by missile in exchange for more kinetic output. Risky move that probably will blow up in your face. The computer doesn't make riskier moves (usually) and are usually the smart moves. So there is, generally, more risk in manual combat because of this, but if played right, and with some luck, higher chances of success.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 9, 2012, 10:21:38 AM
Simple fix for this would be for the Auto-Battle to use cards as well. I would suggest that a mechanism for setting up cards for auto battle be implemented. Basically they should have a pop up window/menu what ever that will let you select/change/set the default 3 cards for all battles. So if you choose auto battle it uses those three cards, if you choose manual battle, those 3 cards are the ones selected by default and you can change it to whatever you want before the times run out for that card/phase of battle.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 12:49:01 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
This! Wasn't this actually promised to be implemented soon?

It was in the g2g vote, but it lost.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 6:36:48 AM
Current reason I am not playing the game is the ridiculous amount of time wasted on going into battles I would much rather auto with cards, primary feature the game is missing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 1:17:08 PM
chromodynamics wrote:
It was in the g2g vote, but it lost.

Some things should be implemented, even if they lost the G2G vote. This issue is too important to make it part of an A, B, or C decision. This auto battle thing absolutely has to be fixed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 7:21:42 PM
Atlantis_Risen wrote:
Some things should be implemented, even if they lost the G2G vote. This issue is too important to make it part of an A, B, or C decision. This auto battle thing absolutely has to be fixed.

I believe some things were meant to be implemented by the Devs anyway, with the G2G vote held in order to find out what people wanted to see implemented ASAP (G2G as a priority setting tool)... I'm not certain, but I believe to have heard or read something along those lines...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 29, 2012, 6:41:29 PM
Hi to all of you.

I think it is a must to use Cards in Auto-battle, also the Fights should be one after the other not simultaneous!

Let the Player choose für single and multiplayer simul. or one after the other.

So the Game had a big fault for me.

This Game had a big Potential. Please use it!!!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment