No Turn Limit
Evolved Pirates
Evolved Racial Uniqueness
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 5:57:55 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
My problem with pirates not using defenses is just that pirates originally invented the health insurance.

Lost a leg? Get a bit more bounty to soften the blow.

Fanatics or aliens, that's what cannon fodder should be. But we lost the pirate background vote half a year ago to the criminal-voters. -.-

I'd still like to buy some cartel amoeba ships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 7:13:09 AM
From that poll I want Unique Ships the most.

When I say Unique Ships I think about this:

- currently we have 6 ship frames and they all have the same "role" for every faction. It should be messed up a bit, according to each faction lore.

- totally unique ships that have some totally unique weapon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 6:31:37 PM
Pietrak wrote:

- currently we have 6 ship frames and they all have the same "role" for every faction. It should be messed up a bit, according to each faction lore.

I particularly like the idea of the 6 standard frames for the ships being modified a bit, so that it's not the same for all factions. Why not have a 3 CP ship that's in between the 2 and 4 CP frames? Or a 5er and then no 4 CP ship?

Would be cool if it was a bit more varied! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 3:48:07 AM
Maybe not so much an SDK as script access. Mostly because while a lot can be done with the .xml files that have been released from the .asset type files and the graphical stuff that is being worked on, there is ultimately only so much that can be done with that kind of limited access. With some kind of scripting access many of the options on this poll could be modded into the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 6:39:20 PM
Pietrak wrote:

I opened a thread about that called Unique ship, I will remember your suggestion and write it down in it. If you have more suggestions, feel free to post them there or PM me.

I mainly want to see improvement of the factions. Evolved racial uniqueness combines all unique suggestions.

Edit: Sorry romeo smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 11:29:07 PM
Good poll! I want SDK/Mod Kit, unique ships, unique intros, unique race objectives, evolved racial uniqueness and unique heroes (I did not vote for unique heroes, but now I think it would be a good addition). smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 22, 2012, 7:56:29 AM
Whew, sorry for the absense everyone, storm season has most certainly not been kind to my internet these last couple weeks.

I see a lot of written support for unique ships, but curiously, racial uniqueness is nudged just past it in the polls. So far there is very little love for an SDK or Locked Team Options... Apparently I'm not the beacon of good ideas I thought I was. :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 2:25:37 AM
Romeo wrote:
Whew, sorry for the absense everyone, storm season has most certainly not been kind to my internet these last couple weeks.

I see a lot of written support for unique ships, but curiously, racial uniqueness is nudged just past it in the polls. So far there is very little love for an SDK or Locked Team Options... Apparently I'm not the beacon of good ideas I thought I was. :P

I think they are good ideas, it is just that people are focusing on the more short-term things they have issues with. I still feel that an SDK or script access is the best option, just because it will extend the longevity of the game, as well as making the rest of the poll irrelevant, since then most if not all of the things in the poll could be added by modders. Therefore the developers could focus their limited resources into more critical areas.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 7:31:56 AM
I think with the G2G system and amazing community interaction, the lack of an SDK seems odd. Out of every company, Amplitude seems like the one most interested in getting fans to aid in the design process of the game, which an SDK would help with monumentally.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 5:45:41 PM
wouldn't mind something that makes pirates more interesting. I mean Sins of a Solar Empire (which i unfortunately don't have a copy of... smiley: frown ) made them have a use as deniable assets where you can pay them to screw with other players without them knowing its you so I would rather like a system like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 5:49:39 PM
izanagi00 wrote:
wouldn't mind something that makes pirates more interesting. I mean Sins of a Solar Empire (which i unfortunately don't have a copy of... smiley: frown ) made them have a use as deniable assets where you can pay them to screw with other players without them knowing its you so I would rather like a system like that.

Well mate, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is on Sale on steam for -50% (14.99€) be fast, just 14mins left!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 5:50:25 PM
More independent nations and pirate interaction please!

Possibly allow me to buy mercenary fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 5:53:38 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
More independent nations and pirate interaction please!

Possibly allow me to buy mercenary fleets.

Buy fleets.. well this is going to be a huge amount of fleets in combat then smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 5:55:05 PM
Well merc fleets, and seeing as pirates don't use defense mods.....more like cannon fodder fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 5:52:03 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well merc fleets, and seeing as pirates don't use defense mods.....more like cannon fodder fleets.

My problem with pirates not using defenses is just that pirates originally invented the health insurance.

Lost a leg? Get a bit more bounty to soften the blow.

Fanatics or aliens, that's what cannon fodder should be. But we lost the pirate background vote half a year ago to the criminal-voters. -.-
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 11:35:33 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Good idea smiley: stickouttongue

Btw: you are right - "according to their bio" - but not according to my playstyle lol

Bwa ha ha. We play them in a similar style then. I can only imagine what the AI would think if it were self-aware: "Boy, my teammate sure is nice, helps me out once in a while, isn't threatening, and really- OH MY GOD, WHERE DID ALL THESE DREADNAUGHTS COME FROM?"

Meltreness wrote:
I feel the same way, If they add some kind of super ships they have to be only one at a time. Introducing special ships for every faction and they could be build multiple times, it would make all other ship types nearly pointless. That's also the way I'm going atm in my thread for Unique ships. One at a time I think would be the best and most fun solution. When they have insane production cost aswell, you wouldnt see them very fast again after you kill one of them.

I have been following your thread, as a matter of fact. Agreed that there should only be one, but even then, it'll need to be closely monitored to ensure it is neither too weak nor too potent. Like I said, the minute one's Titan rolls out in SoaSE, you've won. Because you can simply steamroll anything that isn't another Titan. I would hope to avoid doing this in Endless Space, without going too far and making it an ultimately useless single-ship (Such as the Damocles Command Tank in Warhammer 40K).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 3:20:15 PM
I would like to see a tookit so that people can mod, i know u can now but a dedicated tool would do wonders
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 11:29:01 AM
Can't say i agree with all the uniqueness, like unique classes for races, because that just makes the balance on affinities all that more terrible (But add branching tech trees for more classes of ship hulls for people to specalize in and explore? hell yes!), and unique heroes? no thank you, the acadamy is plagued with enough RNG as it is, half of what you suggested would slaughter what little balance actually exists in this game (and by little i mean almost none)

However, no turn limit and locked teams should be options that are core, because why not, sdk encourages game growth, and void fillers are intrinsic to this genre, but essentially those also can be avoided by proper zone balance. in moo2 later versions of its emu on dosbox had modified starting zones for competitive play, essentially randomized to a small degree, but mirrored across player starts. this kind of thing is very important to gameplay balance.

and yeah my priority is backend>mod/sdk>gameplay balance>shiny (shiny being defined as cool unique features like unique random events or wonders etc.) so im pretty biased, im a competitive player and i prefer more chess/sc like gameplay over gameplay that has a huge random element. losing because someone who got a double admin/corporate quadrupled your science because your starting heroes were shit and forced you into fleeting them or trying to inefficiently use them on your system while you're an early econ based faction is just unfun, and plain stupid. this kind of balance issue is present in a lot of areas in this game, whereas they weren't in the later stages of moo, sure itll take time for these to be ironed out but my point is a game is at its best when they take these things into account when they are developing the game.

easier to prevent a balance issue than it is to go back and fix one already in play.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 6:02:50 AM
kaydiechii wrote:
Can't say i agree with all the uniqueness, like unique classes for races, because that just makes the balance on affinities all that more terrible (But add branching tech trees for more classes of ship hulls for people to specalize in and explore? hell yes!), and unique heroes? no thank you, the acadamy is plagued with enough RNG as it is, half of what you suggested would slaughter what little balance actually exists in this game (and by little i mean almost none)

However, no turn limit and locked teams should be options that are core, because why not, sdk encourages game growth, and void fillers are intrinsic to this genre, but essentially those also can be avoided by proper zone balance. in moo2 later versions of its emu on dosbox had modified starting zones for competitive play, essentially randomized to a small degree, but mirrored across player starts. this kind of thing is very important to gameplay balance.

and yeah my priority is backend>mod/sdk>gameplay balance>shiny (shiny being defined as cool unique features like unique random events or wonders etc.) so im pretty biased, im a competitive player and i prefer more chess/sc like gameplay over gameplay that has a huge random element. losing because someone who got a double admin/corporate quadrupled your science because your starting heroes were shit and forced you into fleeting them or trying to inefficiently use them on your system while you're an early econ based faction is just unfun, and plain stupid. this kind of balance issue is present in a lot of areas in this game, whereas they weren't in the later stages of moo, sure itll take time for these to be ironed out but my point is a game is at its best when they take these things into account when they are developing the game.

easier to prevent a balance issue than it is to go back and fix one already in play.

I know I'm going to get shot on sight for saying this: I actually like the randomness, to a degree. Once I've figured out what works, gameplay usually ends up getting a little stale I find. Well, that issue doesn't exist in Endless Space. I can start four "Medium Map" one-on-one battles, and have four massively different end results. Of course, full disclosure, I'm a single player guy in the extreme, I couldn't care less about multiplayer balance.

So to me, games like Supreme Commander and Sins of a Solar Empire are at their most fun when there are the most variables in play. In Supreme Commander, a land map against a Cybran Turtle AI is always going to play roughly the same; A map with huge bodies of water, and random faction and personality? That can go in any direction. In Sins of a Solar Empire, setting the Pirates to Aggressive, telling the game to generate a random map with random opponents and personalities injects some much needed insanity in to that game.

And as an aside, I feel like unique heroes would aid in the cluttered academy for Endless Space. Because yes, it is annoying having two Heroes who look like identical twins, or whose traits render them redundant. If they were all unique from one another though, that would be alleviated substantially. Maybe this guy has an Amoeba set of traits and is a pilot, whereas this guy is a UE pilot and thus has different traits and bonuses.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 22, 2013, 8:42:57 AM
Romeo wrote:
Howdy. Very simple thread here, this is my thread full of big ideas, none of which I expect to see implemented (But would love to see none-the-less). So without further ado, let's begin!

More evolved pirates

Pirates. We all hate them, and they hate all of us. Why not make them something which could hypothetically be useful or destructive to the player? The Pirates could own the own system with a Pirate Base. Seizing control of that would allow for some unique upgrades, and the Ship list could include unique Pirate vessels for the player to construct and use as well, further diversifying their own fleet. It would be awesome.

TL;DR version: More everything.

Have any of your own suggestions? Hate half/most/all of my own? Leave a comment below!

I think this is a great idea ,and it could allow the player to build there own pirate fleets to harass the other players.

I mean pirates under your control whats not to like smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment