Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Upcoming Endless Space update - Gathering of ideas

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 30, 2014, 3:26:06 PM
ITT: Not focusing on new features, suggest new features.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 30, 2014, 5:51:39 PM
SpaceTroll wrote:
Guys, with Endless Legend out, we will be able to spend some time as promised on ES again. We will mainly focus on AI, Bugs, and Gameplay balance, but we will probably not focus on new features. if you could focus on these 3 areas, to let us know your top whishes in these areas, that would be awesome.

1. Make multiplayer more stable. The game starts having problems around turn 80 or 90 (plus or minus), sometimes to the point of being unplayable.

2. Give us an easy way to move something to the top of the build queue.

3. (I am seconding this idea) Create a "unique races" option in the set-up screen.

4. Fix retreat spam, which ties in with the balance issue I close with:

I think the worst balance issue the game has would be hard to deal with in a bug-fix patch--long-range weapons. I never build anything else, and most battles I have are over after the first round. Also, if you are playing anything but Sheredyn, you need to build a good portion (or all) of your fleet with long-range kinetics in order to deal with AI retreat spam. I'd love to build a variety of weapons and ranges, but the present system heavily favors long-range kinetics.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 4:59:50 PM
I'm playing with a friend of mine, and we noticed that it will be great have a more complex galaxy with more sistems because sometimes happened that all the factions declare war for space limits; also it will be better improve diplomacy with more options like other games p.e. Total War series and let the player give objectives on the map for the A.I.

thx smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 8:16:56 PM
As has been said before, the AI should use more troop invasions. Also, could the AI perhaps make bigger and stronger fleets rather than the 1 or 2 glass cannon ship spam it currently does? Also, could you make the AI build more defensive structures? In most of my old games the AI always expanded like crazy but never built system defense on its frontiers and important systems.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 4, 2014, 2:01:02 AM
besides the already reported UI limitations & bugs,

1) diplomacy: request retreat from your territory (unless, you have open borders treaty).

2) battle: card for pursuit.

3) game setup: do not repeat races in multiple empires. (this was mentioned in post 47 already)

4) game setup: play against all races (need bigger map? see suggestion below).

5) game setup: colliding galaxies or about to.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 6, 2014, 11:19:13 AM
Like the already mentioned:

1) 'Unique Races' option in game setup, really underwhelming to have duplicates in a 4 Empires setup.

2) Addressing retreat-spam. Previous post mentioned a Pursuit battle card, that sounds like a good idea.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 7, 2014, 7:24:06 PM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
Also, fixed defensive stations as suggested many times would be great.

Aye, I was just about to post this. Endless Space is a great game, but personally it's rather tiring having to micromanage large numbers of fleets just to defend myself. If we could have different types of system defences with customization, that'd be great.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 15, 2014, 3:42:59 PM
And please please pretty please no enormous Fleet stacking of the AI. Quality >Quantity
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 16, 2014, 4:14:07 AM
Two Simple Things

1. Fix the Hissho (and to a lesser extent the Sowers). They both have a -20% penalty to science that prevents them from being viable as AI players. The only time the Hissho are a credible threat to me is when I setup a game with 4 Hissho players......

2. AI Fleet Stalemates. The AI when at war with another AI will simply play a giant game of chicken but won't attack each other. You end up with 20 - 100 fleets of similar size / strength never actually firing a shot during wartime. Please fix this.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 16, 2014, 9:33:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We have established a list of improvements for the next update based on some of the ideas listed here. Unfortunately, as we mentioned in several blog posts already, this new patch will mostly include small improvements and bug fixes.

We've obviously noticed several ideas coming from Endless Legend for Endless Space. However, both games are different: even if they share a thin common technical trunk, every mechanic needs to be thought from scratch, which would require months of development, as both games haven't been developed with a similar architecture.

We'll keep you posted.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 27, 2014, 11:10:44 AM
T41 wrote:
I would hope at least for some art. Showing humanoid troops standing around with guns or something. With the fantastic artists at Amp at least one piece should be done.

Im surpised that this idea wasnt added to your "brainstorm" adder...

Its my favorite idea here so far smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 23, 2014, 3:26:46 PM
Good idea adder !

This last patch should bring atleast a better immersion, EL-like ! Removal of the AI#1, 2, 3... thing, "warning" and "welcome" sentences...

Some AI fix againt abusive "Retreat"...

Work on the UI ? Better hotkeys etc...

Ground combat interaction/pictures like in Galactic Civ II ?

Maybe... Try to look at the community and not letting it died ? (well its not about the game...) Some multiplayer tournaments features maybe ?

In fact I dont know if Amplitude is willing for a big patch or only for some Mo... So I cant make suggestions really..
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 23, 2014, 4:04:30 PM
A.I. combat retreat

A.I. diplomacy

A.I. system management

A.I. expansion

A.I. fleet composition

Change in planet/system anomaly distribution from game to game. I don't want very Disharmony game to be about Auriga. What happened to the Polaris workshop?

Change to random events frequency and type.

The usual - fix mp de-synchs, bugs etc.

What I'd love is to see what the Dev team is actually willing to do. The ones I recommended so far shouldn't need too many new resources.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 24, 2014, 6:21:44 PM
Kingsguard wrote:
Ground combat interaction/pictures like in Galactic Civ II ?
I don't think we can expect ground combat.

Nasarog wrote:
Change in planet/system anomaly distribution from game to game. I don't want very Disharmony game to be about Auriga. What happened to the Polaris workshop?

Change to random events frequency and type.
Not sure what you mean by this?

ahmedoo wrote:
AI really don't use exploration events. I'm always first in the center of huge galaxy and there are exploration events untouched.
If you're first, doesn't that automatically mean the AI hasn't been there?

If Amplitude would like to make some bigger update I think that great idea would be to change battle system to similar like in Endless Legend. It could use cards which I personally like very much. This system of fight is nothing but a pleasure for an eye, but still the same animation is really boring.
I don't think we should expect such a big rework of the combat system. Perhaps in ES2, once.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 24, 2014, 6:44:09 PM
Looks like Dev will do nothing really interresting in this Patch in fact ^^

And I really dont care about Vaulters faction...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 24, 2014, 7:28:27 PM
adder wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this?

Every single game I see the same planetary/system wonders. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Every game, every "random" event happens to me. Why?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 24, 2014, 9:18:46 PM
adder wrote:
I don't think we can expect ground combat.

I would hope at least for some art. Showing humanoid troops standing around with guns or something. With the fantastic artists at Amp at least one piece should be done.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 24, 2014, 9:59:37 PM
T41 wrote:

Its what I meant by "Ground Combat" ! smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 24, 2014, 11:11:46 PM
Just replace the rebels with Sophons and the ATATs with scary Craver monsters and your done smiley: wink

0Send private message
Comment