Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Combat Fast Forward

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:45:13 PM
I wholeheartedly support a fast-forward button in manual mode.

After a while when invading Hissho systems my last play, my 3 Plasma Missile-wielding, shield-protected Battleships were able to wipe out nearly everything that tried to swat at them (Hissho was going very beam heavy, light on defense). The Hissho fleets would sometimes have 1000-3000 more potential damage than my fleet of 3 BTS, yet I knew how it would turn out IF I played the right first and second card. Once I set those I'd really want to speed it up, to still see the action, but to go at 2 or 3 times normal speed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 8:16:55 PM
Looks like there haven't been any posts in this thread for months. But I'll say it anyway:

I support the idea of an Instant-Retreat-Button. Going through loading screens and waiting for the battle phases to end when all I want is to get the hell out is really tiring.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 2:12:52 PM
This also makes sense for the newly added Retreat card. I would also want to pick this in most cases where I think I don't stand a chance but think some ships might survive. Having to go into full manual combat to do this is silly :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 3:50:21 PM
+1 i support that.

could be cool to choose combat card and then fast forward it still give you choice of battle card but you don't have to last 1 Min each time to look ships missing each other (what the do the most).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 3:44:33 PM
How about if manual battles have a skip option, which can be pressed at any time, which calculates the result instantly instead of showing it to you?

This would statisfy people who want to choose cards but don't want to watch the battle, or people sitting through a series of repetitive battles.

I don't use auto a lot because it's a good way to lose ships you would otherwise keep.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 10:35:51 AM
I really like Kamalisk's suggestion. In easy battles there is no point in sitting through the whole combat screen, but I'd still like to be able to choose cards that for example emphasise missiles if that's my main firepower.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 8:48:57 PM
Well since my thread about choosing combat cards when selecting "auto" battle was linked here I will add that I don't think manual combat needs to be made faster, just that I want to have card selection in "auto" battles so both auto and manual are equal and choosing manual is for close fights only!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:38:28 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about skipping/fast forwarding the combat animations when choosing manual combat.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13214-suggestion-combat-in-multiplayer-without-cinematics

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13249-suggestion-option-to-turn-off-the-3d-battle-when-in-manual-mode-please.

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13340-suggestion-after-cards-are-selected-skip-combat

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13370-suggestion-pre-selected-combat-cards-cards-used-in-auto-battle

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13620-suggestion-poll-battle-picture-in-picture.

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13761-suggestion-fast-forward-through-battle-phases

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13769-suggestion-allow-card-selection-in-auto-battles

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13809-retreat-option-on-combat-dialog

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13810-semi-automatic-battle-resolution

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13860-ui-when-prompted-for-space-battle-add-retreat-button

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13857-default-battle-cards

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13945-pre-assign-battle-cards-for-auto-mode

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13940-third-option-on-battle-entry-unblockable-retreat

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13886-make-combat-fast-forwardable-when-against-computers

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13941-auto-retreat

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13939-auto-retreat

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13966-suggestion-create-an-auto-retreat-button-for-the-begin-battle-warning-screen

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13980-choosing-cards-for-automatic-battle

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13981-flee-as-a-choice-in-combat-screen

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 8:19:43 PM
I think combat would be quite more enjoyable if holding down a mouse button doubled or tripled the playback speed, so you could zip through it quickly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:35:34 AM
I actually agree. I like watching the battle, and getting a chance to plan tactics, but the rounds are a little to slow. So I resolve it by using auto action, but if there was an option, I would chose manual and watch the ships battle, while fast forwarding to make it a little faster. I'm talking double speed at max.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:33:29 AM
Samalander wrote:
How about an option next to the card selection to speed up that section once you are sure you have what you want, that way you can have the increased control of the non-auto battles without taking an excessive amount of time.

Exactly.

Saying that I want to watch the combat faster does not equate to me wanting the combat to be auto resolved.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:35:26 PM
How about an option next to the card selection to speed up that section once you are sure you have what you want, that way you can have the increased control of the non-auto battles without taking an excessive amount of time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 9:31:19 PM
I like to watch the combat resolution sequence up to the point where it's just a matter of mopping up, and I think it would be nice to blaze through the rest while seeing the individual steps. Auto-resolving doesn't really show you the sequence of attacks particularly well.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 8:48:55 PM
unormal wrote:
I think combat would be quite more enjoyable if holding down a mouse button doubled or tripled the playback speed, so you could zip through it quickly.

I don't understand the problem. For me the turns are too slow, not too fast. If you want anything faster, do the auto battles not manual. After all until late in the game we are not talking very love for battles.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 8:23:50 PM
Isn't that what auto-resolve is for? I suppose they could add the card system into the auto-resolve but then what would be the point of the cinematics at all? The point of fast forwarding is to skip what your watching...which basically means remove the cinematics. Personally if I feel like skipping through combat I usually just hit auto-resolve anyway.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment