Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Long Term Multiplayer

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 6:23:33 AM
One thing I think would make a fantastic addition to the game would be the ability to conduct a multiplayer session individually. For example, you could start a game with 5 friends, and check back every so often to see if everyone had finished their turn. Games would take much longer to play, but wouldn't require everyone being available at the same time. Of course, restrictions or alterations to combat would have to be in place for this game mode, but for me that wouldn't outweigh the benefits of being able to play with my friends who are all in different time zones. This would require games being hosted elsewhere, if I am not mistaken, or perhaps a separate server executable for the host to run so that the players could access it when available. Does my idea make sense? Thoughts?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 6:56:10 AM
nice idea but i don't think that this is realizable.

where should the game was to be saved? amplitude would probably providing extra server. would you pay for it monthly? I mean every month even if you don't play. If you're the only one, it is priceless. the server must be managed.

"cost - benefit factor" isn't given.

this is a short assessment. I'm not a developer or administrator! Who'd have thought (that)? smiley: redface
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 11:50:33 AM
Yeah, I thought the same. Which is why I think that a downloadable server executable would be the only option. But you never know!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 4:56:48 PM
neare wrote:
nice idea but i don't think that this is realizable.

where should the game was to be saved? amplitude would probably providing extra server. would you pay for it monthly? I mean every month even if you don't play. If you're the only one, it is priceless. the server must be managed.

"cost - benefit factor" isn't given.

this is a short assessment. I'm not a developer or administrator! Who'd have thought (that)? smiley: redface

I agree with this assessment.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 11:13:44 AM
I know a LAN mode has been suggested and that while they haven't explicitly said YES, it seems like they were open to the idea. How much more complicated would the technology be to just have a server that you set up yourself? I mean, you could achieve what I wanted by having everyone leave their game on all the time, but that doesn't seem realistic, so in my mind the required new programming would be programming A) a reconnect feature and B) allowing players to host a game using a server code that can run while the game isn't open. I don't feel like that's too complicated, to me it only seems different. But I really don't know much.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment