Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Full Custimization(Custom race) suggestions. U READ NOW, KK THX :D

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 8:39:42 AM
Hello, I AM GAMER!

So, my suggestions on how to give players more crafting in a custom race, making it more personal.

Customed races seem to be limited due to some .. mechanics in game, such as; the diplomancy screen with the holo's, ship designs, unique race trait.. and? *shrug*

- I suggest simply allowing a shaded holo.. well i guess lighting makes no difference, but basicly something like figure covered in a cloak (like a Jedi/Sith appear in holo's with the hoods up). Something you can't destinguish other then its humanoid.

- There should be no harm in allowing 1 unique trait, with it being free or having costs.

- Perhaps allow custom a full 3D design of ship/ships(im not asking for some sort of ship building). Same thing as a mod, but so that it doesn't replace current races/ships(if they actualy have to do that).

- Allow the naming of first system, and perhaps even a unique planet name/names (i know things are random). You could allow players to name planets 1-6, up to 6 names for each planet type(so if planet-2 is lava its named "Flammy" and if planet-2 is desert it will be called "Mr.Thristy"). Really, i would settle for 1st planet having a unique name, the rest althoe seemingly simple is probably a bit much. If anything allow for a kept saved named for our main system.

- Allow names for ships types (Just another pre-customized save, so when i start with a Sophon custom race my colony ship is already re-named).

- Allow easy custom picture, just some folder that adds your race photo in the list.

- Personal 3D holo rep of your race in the diplo screen, If ppl can add in personal 3D ships.. why not a simple holo representation.

- Personal victory screens.

- Perhaps as a trait with its costs, a Hero can be pre-selected, (so your custom race, if say Sophon, would be a Sophon... kind of makes sense as you would have some sort of leader).

- Custom Hero's?, From what i can tell there isn't any difference in hero's except there skill tree, so this couldn't hurt, would even be coooooler if you do allow for a pre-selected hero.(Perhaps a free trait, but hero will cost a larger sum of dust).

- Custom UI, nothing big, just an easy change to things displaying depending what race you select or only for custom races. Would give a better appeal to your fav race or custom race.

Thank you, I hope its all meet open minded.

I would welcome anyone elses idea's in hope for the dev's to see.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 9:15:51 AM
Here is my opinion:

Custom races: I would suggest a community event in which players can send in pictures for additional races/factions. Regarding unique traits, there is the affinity feature which basically represents unique traits.

Custom ship models: Leave this to mods.

Custom name: Everything should be renamable.

Custom hero: Some heroes with the same profession have different stats like labor, will, offense, and so on. You are the leader, there is no need for a pre-selected hero.

Custom UI: The interface must get a new design regarding tooltips and information in general (see my "Better UI ideas" thread).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 4:19:44 PM
I agree in being able to customize the names of planets. It'd be nice to have.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 15, 2013, 2:51:32 PM
Morvagor wrote:
Here is my opinion:

Custom races: I would suggest a community event in which players can send in pictures for additional races/factions. Regarding unique traits, there is the affinity feature which basically represents unique traits.

Custom ship models: Leave this to mods.

Custom name: Everything should be renamable.

Custom hero: Some heroes with the same profession have different stats like labor, will, offense, and so on. You are the leader, there is no need for a pre-selected hero.

Custom UI: The interface must get a new design regarding tooltips and information in general (see my "Better UI ideas" thread).

I just don't want to have to mod over a current race. All they need to do is alter the custom screen so you can easily just pick any of many custom 3D faction ship template(so you can just on the fly pick Mass-Effect ships, another tab for picking 3D holo, etc.

When playing solo, i can just restart the game until i get a desired hero with Labor and Wit profs. IMO, this should just be some form of trait with light costs either trait cost or dust cost(purchase in game).

IMO, if enable why not make it custom hero/pre-selected just more for the sake of personal touch (Your first hero should be one of your own faction, if you wished). This also helps with custom races, like the Mass-effect mod, then you can start with Commander Sheppard.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment