Yeah, it would be great !
That's the worst idea I ever read...
I don't know, maybe.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 8:02:55 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
The ability for players to play in the roles of the AI would be essential.

What I loved about most of the scenarios in SOTS was you could play it from both angles of any particular conflict.

So mulitplayer should also then be possible.

Seems to be nice smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 1:31:18 AM
For 75 turns, you'd have control of 1-3 systems to use as staging grounds, you'll be given the ability to change destination at will for those 75 turns, and you have vision of all the nearest systems (that you can reach) for those 75 turns. You'll have fleets with technology that someone would have by 75 turns, but for 75 turns, your ships move are horribly slow speeds and you can't do any research. ?? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 12:41:31 AM
Yeah! smiley: stickouttongue

We can always improve from the past!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 12:39:39 AM
Something like trying to corrupt and deceive Empires with infiltrated heroes, something like DIVIDE ET IMPERA. Gathering intel to strike where it hurts the most when the moment has come. Sounds good to me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 12:24:53 AM
Depends on the set up.

We could easily set it up so you would have something to do for 75 turns.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 12:23:35 AM
Well If you don't have any systems, any fleets, nothing to do except watch empires build themselves for 75 turns until your fleets apears I think it will be kind of boring.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 12:06:00 AM
Well considering that SOTS system works, and is fun.

Being the swarm and waiting 75 turns is just what you have to do, and really it builds to the tension.

So I don't get the problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 11:52:12 PM
We are not here to talk about SOTS, we should think about how we could adapt this idea into Endless Space. I don't think it would be possible or interesting to take a player as the swarm. Because there would be a huge amount of fleets under his command and he wouldn't do anything for 75 turns if we chose a shorter preparation time.

Think about things you could add to the main idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 12:27:45 PM
Hello world !

Playing Endless Space I had an idea (largely inspired by Mass Effect's scenario), this new game mode would allow each player to play a basic game until a randomly chosen turn between the 100th and the 150th. They don't know which turn is the deadline. When that turn has come an ancient swarm (that can be represented in game by black cravers ships) arrives in the galaxy aiming to destroy each empire.

The players would have to make a choice between fighting alone to avoid any betrayal or stand together against the growing threat. Each turn new swarm's fleets would arrive and grow stronger to put a lot of pressure on players.

There would be 3 ways to win the game :

-Be the last man standing.

-Destroy a boss fleet which would appear lately in the invasion.

-Find and activate an Endless artifact that could wipe out entire armadas.

Here is the big picture I hope you will like the concept and bring some new ideas.

P.S. : Just saw the "No Suggestion" post, sorry for noobstyle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 6:20:35 PM
The ability for players to play in the roles of the AI would be essential.

What I loved about most of the scenarios in SOTS was you could play it from both angles of any particular conflict.

So mulitplayer should also then be possible.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 6:14:13 PM
If you want, but I think that Endless Space is a Multiplayer game, it's the player's job to create the story of each game. This game mode would be much more enjoyable in MP in my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 5:53:40 PM
Shwarthog wrote:
Yeah, except that this would mainly be a multiplayer mode.

I disagree. I think that this game needs several scenarios that change the presets (number of empires, size, etc) of the game along with introduce a story throughout the singleplayer match.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 4:06:48 PM
Good idea, scenarios always add a lot to the single player in terms of replayability and story.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 10:53:57 AM
stasik28 wrote:
LOL reading the OP I was thinking exactly that Igncom1. Yea the scenarios were really great and unique, and would be great for this so we can learn more about the lore of the races, who they hate, what they do in modern life (the whole be emperor of the Tarkas, managing your people and money while destroying the humans) would be great to learn

Like teaching history by DOING it lol

Yeah, nice idea! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 3:57:08 AM
Sounds like a nice Idea, but I would reduce the number of turns substantially, or at least make the option for an earlier style invasion. Many games are well over before turn 100, let alone turn 150, even on normal speed. Other than that, great idea!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 3:49:27 AM
LOL reading the OP I was thinking exactly that Igncom1. Yea the scenarios were really great and unique, and would be great for this so we can learn more about the lore of the races, who they hate, what they do in modern life (the whole be emperor of the Tarkas, managing your people and money while destroying the humans) would be great to learn
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment