Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Community Hero Creation Competition!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 11, 2012, 7:02:20 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Seconded. The crown goes around all day without seemingly favoring anyone or anything, at least for me, and that is quite nervewracking. XD

yep I'm all nerves when looking at it, so I'll just wait for the official results smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 3:06:59 PM
And while it lasts, the suspense will probably keep all authors of the choosable bios on their toes and looking at the votes, regularly. XD

I'm wondering if it is the same for the developers when their submissions are voted on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 3:13:33 PM
It's exactly the same here + we all have our preferences so even when it's community created content, we're still following the votes like crazy! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 3:20:53 PM
skamaks wrote:
It's exactly the same here + we all have our preferences so even when it's community created content, we're still following the votes like crazy! smiley: biggrin

Nice to hear that we're not alone in that. Just one little question: Can you see how many votes each option got, unlike us?

I'm not sure that that'd make it easier or worse for you, depending on the votecount... :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 3:44:35 PM
Next time, I'll try my best to be in the final list. Yes, I will.

Isn't 2000 points for those that will preorder a bit too much in regard of the 100 from those that have only signed up to the forums ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 3:58:51 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
And while it lasts, the suspense will probably keep all authors of the choosable bios on their toes and looking at the votes, regularly. XD

Can't talk about the others but it's definitely like that for me smiley: biggrin

BTW this is a good opportunity to remind the newcomers to vote on the main page in the "Games2Gether" section for the bios (Cravers and United Empire) they like the most.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 4:41:53 PM
Let me also chime in with thanks for the biographies. We had a hard time choosing between them because there were lots of cool ideas bouncing around in there. Not all of them were appropriate for the universe (culture, history, tech, ... ), however, and some of them were similar to existing heroes. So please don't take it personally if yours wasn't a finalist!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 6:29:24 PM
VieuxChat wrote:

Isn't 2000 points for those that will preorder a bit too much in regard of the 100 from those that have only signed up to the forums ?

Don't want to speak for the devs but they may have some achievements/rewards planned to award forum members with, that could also give certain amount of G2G points. But that's just a guess. Still pre-ordering should be rewarded as it is helping a lot the development of the game at this important stage.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 9:02:32 PM
Well, you're right. It's just that 2000 seemed so much.

Let me also chime in with thanks for the biographies. We had a hard time choosing between them because there were lots of cool ideas bouncing around in there. Not all of them were appropriate for the universe (culture, history, tech, ... ), however, and some of them were similar to existing heroes. So please don't take it personally if yours wasn't a finalist!

I don't know if I ask too much, but I'd like to know in which category my creation fall (in order to write better things next time smiley: wink) : too close to something already existing ? Too far away from the lore ? (Mine was Hexaedric)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2012, 11:58:02 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
I don't know if I ask too much, but I'd like to know in which category my creation fall (in order to write better things next time smiley: wink) : too close to something already existing ? Too far away from the lore ? (Mine was Hexaedric)

I wouldn't mind knowing the same. I don't think Bátor Blázen being in the marines is an inconsistency, given the popularity of the concept, so that leaves a similar hero already in the game or that it simply wasn't good enough. Either case I would like to know why he got the short straw. Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 11, 2012, 11:38:12 AM
Does the voting end at 6 PM today?

Edit:

It seems the voting has ended as it is now in "Previous".

I don't know what results I'm looking at though, temporary, final...? Notice how the UE Hero Sukhoi’s bio seemingly won with 3900 votes?! I thought Ivan was going to win, G2G was showing his bio leading the whole week with 5000+ votes, how is this possible? Devs, when you officially announce the winners please explain what do these numbers and crowns show, it’s totally confusing and it's something that has been bugging us for quite a while.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 11, 2012, 6:40:38 PM
Raptor wrote:
Edit:

I don't know what results I'm looking at though, temporary, final...? Notice how the UE Hero Sukhoi’s bio seemingly won with 3900 votes?! I thought Ivan was going to win, G2G was showing his bio leading the whole week with 5000+ votes, how is this possible? Devs, when you officially announce the winners please explain what do these numbers and crowns show, it’s totally confusing and it's something that has been bugging us for quite a while.

Seconded. The crown goes around all day without seemingly favoring anyone or anything, at least for me, and that is quite nervewracking. XD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 11, 2012, 7:00:34 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:

Thirded... I've seen such score-warps as well.

Btw, I also take the chance to congratulate Sukhoï's creator for the smooth and appealing character description. I'll admit I find him much better than my own "Bureaucrat / loser" similar version. Still I'd love to be able to appoint mediocre co-workers to shitty places, in far-away places.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2012, 2:19:46 PM
So, uh, when will the finalists/winners be chosen? P:

Love this initiative by the way!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 12, 2012, 5:34:44 AM
Raptor wrote:

I totally second that! Its confusing. Why not show all results but just the leader?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 12, 2012, 8:02:11 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm looking into this, it's why I didn't announce the winners yesterday. A new G2G vote will be in standby until I get this resolved.

Concerning the "show all results" feature, we've been working on it and we'll be adding that very soon.

So please for now don't consider the results displayed on the website as definitive. More info to come soon.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 12, 2012, 9:22:22 AM
Agreed with Raptor. Thanks for letting us know what's going on regarding this smiley: biggrin.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 12, 2012, 11:02:54 AM
Will the "show all results" only be applied once you have voted ? I wouldn't like to see what are the votes before I make my choice.
0Send private message
Comment