Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite Suggestion] Planetary Defense and fleet orbit

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 12:44:23 AM
Maybe I haven't noticed yet, but there isn't any options for defenses in Endless Space. It would add alot to the game if you could construct space stations, repair bays, turrets, etc. to help bolster your planets. I don't know about you, but having an array of space stations, or a huge one would be really cool. It could even affect civilian aspects. There isn't any sort of space constructable structures in the game and these additions would be nice. Slowing the enemy's backdoor to your system is always a nice thing to have as well as for defending against an impending invasion.

The fleet orbit thing is really a ui and a mechanic. I really don't like the way fleets are represented on the main map. It prevents you from telling at-a-glance, important information about the fleet. Endless Space should take how Empire at War displayed ships on planets(in this case, star systems) Endless Space can potentially have alot more fleets at one system though, so I'm not too sure how that would work. Perhaps show the top 5 fleets in a system graphically and display an icon that more are on it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 2:00:44 AM
How about jsut a little number above the fleets icon on the map, say you have 3 fleets there it just has a little 3 above its head?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:36:51 AM
There are a few defense-increasing constructable system-wide items in the military tech branch

stealth construction +6 defense

impervious bunkers +6 defense, +2 invasion recovery

community defense +8 defense, +4 recovery

dark energy rifle +15 defense

localized apocalypse +20 defense, +6 recovery
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment