Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Help Editing Tech in saves ?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:45:29 PM
Hi, I started reading how to edit planets in saves, but I was wanting help on how to edit tech in my saves thanks smiley: smile

RN
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 7:26:17 PM
What is it you want to do, precisely?

Just add a tech or two or just increase research rates?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 8:46:21 PM
You want to put the right tech codes under your empire's Department of Science Agency, that will work for most techs. Some like say tonnage add extra descriptor(s) to your Empire so you'll need to add those as well if they apply.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 3:18:14 PM
Adding Tech Codes:

Find the line that starts:-

A couple of lines after that, will be a list that will look something like this:

TechPlayerStart

TechPlayerStartSower

TechE27

TechE27WithColonizeTraitScience03

TechA02

etc, etc...

Just add the relevant codes and it should work. As Knighthawk says; there may be a few that require a little extra code but i'm not sure exactly which ones require that.

There is a list of Tech Codes being built here: https://docs.google.com/a/awmoore.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkyTinwuyY2edE9LaFZST1NSUlk3ckJteUFQWlhaTWc#gid=1

by the gentlepeople in this this thread: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15576-help-filling-out-research-codes

Increasing rate of research

There are a couple of ways of doing this:-

Option 1:

You can artificially boost the progress of a research item. Give the 'Progress' value a large number and it will drastically lower time to completion, if not instantly research it.

e.g.:

NOTE - I haven't used this method much at all so i'm not too sure about any problems that might accrue except for its a pain in the ass to keep doing it.

Option 2: Hero

You need to find the bits of code dealing with your available heroes; they are at the end of the long list of 'cloned' hero templates, for speed, I usually search for the line and then scroll a few lines above that, there you'll see 3 (assuming its the start of a fresh game) Hero stats.

Pick one and adjust his Wit values, which are likely between 1-10 to something like 1000. The line should look like this - 1000

once you've done that. Save, load and buy/assign your guy to a planet. Now, you'll find yourself burning through research at a terrifying rate. Obviously, for a less dramatic advantage, set the value lower, to say 100-200.

Also be aware that this method has an effect on your influence area and setting it at a 1000+ can spread your influence far and wide making it difficult for the AI to expand.

hope this helps.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment