Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Genetics

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 5:09:19 AM
clericus wrote:
Sounds cool! Can you tell us more about what's in it?

Sure, I just need some time to come up with how to put it down, sorry for the sparse description. Wanted to get something posted first, I figured I would give a better write-up when I thought of something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 7:09:50 AM
Sweet, thanks! smiley: smile

Didn't know that the start-options can influence the mods too smiley: biggrin

Btw: Some hoster suggestions: Mediafire is fine too!

€dit: Is it just me or are the links dead? Or is gamefront in a bad mood today? smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 7:41:38 AM
Just copy and paste the url itself--don't bother clicking it. The hyperlink is broken, but the url itself is correct.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 8:05:56 AM
Tiaximus wrote:
Just copy and paste the url itself--don't bother clicking it. The hyperlink is broken, but the url itself is correct.

Ah thanks.. still too tired smiley: sleep
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 8:28:11 AM
Tiaximus wrote:

I will get that fixed.

@Tredecim

I am looking at some other mirroring sites, since Sharebee seems to be down so that I only have to upload the file once for it to become available from multiple sources, FileFront was used just to get it uploaded until then.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 8:37:47 AM
ZZGashi wrote:
I am looking at some other mirroring sites, since Sharebee seems to be down so that I only have to upload the file once for it to become available from multiple sources, FileFront was used just to get it uploaded until then.

Yeah, rapidshare is nice too! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 5:08:33 AM
So... I get that weird "no AI colonizing" bug when I use this mod, which makes no sense at all since it doesn't mess with any of the ship behaviors... Does it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 5:21:08 AM
Sargatanus wrote:
So... I get that weird "no AI colonizing" bug when I use this mod, which makes no sense at all since it doesn't mess with any of the ship behaviors... Does it?

No, my mod only adds traits to the game for custom factions. What behavior are you getting exactly?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 5:29:50 AM
Well the AI empires are there, but they never colonize other systems. I should also note that I can't see any info on their planets, systems and fleets. At first I thought they weren't making colony ships, but then one of my fleets got stuck in their system and I had to destroy their fleet to move it. Sure enough, it was a colony ship. I've let a few games progress and they certainly move ships around, but they never colonize. I've tried all the tricks suggested elsewhere: overwriting the game files with the mod ones, rebuilding the game from the Steam cache, copying the game's AI/parameter files into the mod directory... none of them work.

Edit: @LocoMike: That's exactly the problem. I tried all the fixes they suggested and nothing works. At this point, I'm uninstalling/reinstalling and deleting the directory in my Documents folder.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 6:06:46 AM
I am not sure what could be causing the problem, all of the games I have played using the mod have run fine. The AI acts normally, or at least as normally as it currently does.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 8:44:25 PM
I think the problem is my influence ring. So to test things out, I maxed out a few traits and I'm pretty sure my influence ring covers the whole galaxy from my starting system, and I'm pretty sure an empire cannot colonize a system within another empire's influence. I'll fire up a new game with those traits dialed back and see what happens.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 11:03:45 PM
I love how this utterly destroys balance. I made a Sophon-based race that absolutely DOMINATED all seven opponents, even though they were allied. And it wasn't even difficult. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 12:50:31 AM
Sargatanus wrote:
I think the problem is my influence ring. So to test things out, I maxed out a few traits and I'm pretty sure my influence ring covers the whole galaxy from my starting system, and I'm pretty sure an empire cannot colonize a system within another empire's influence. I'll fire up a new game with those traits dialed back and see what happens.

That might do it. How much of an influence bonus did you have? I have had about +20 influence, and it did not seem to impact the game all that much.

@Romeo

I know, it could use some balancing for more serious play, mostly in the form of trait costs. Glad you are enjoying it none-the-less.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 1:59:39 AM
ZZGashi wrote:
That might do it. How much of an influence bonus did you have? I have had about +20 influence, and it did not seem to impact the game all that much.

@Romeo

I know, it could use some balancing for more serious play, mostly in the form of trait costs. Glad you are enjoying it none-the-less.

So long as you keep a non-balanced version for those of us (Ok, maybe just me) that like to play god.

I absolutely love the traits you put in though, I find them much more focused than the originals.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 5:46:36 AM
Okay, so it was the influence ring. I had everything maxed just for kicks and my *starting* influence ring covered the whole damn galaxy. So I just left out all of the "Spin Doctors" traits and almost everything* worked fine.

*What didn't work was my anomaly selection. I had to pick "mutated flora" to open up ANYTHING else. Whatever I select after that just doesn't show up.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 11, 2019, 4:20:19 PM

NECROMANCY TIME :P

Will revive this mod and update it for Disharmony 1.1.58
Fix typos and the like...

Will do with this as i did for GenLab

After all, thid mod is clearly abandoned... so taking it up and giving it a little work here and there, does not seem to be such a bad thing ;)

EDIT: You can find the new version here: Steam Forums
Enjoy - mod now works...

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
May 15, 2019, 7:47:13 PM
EcoHolo wrote:

NECROMANCY TIME :P

Will revive this mod and update it for Disharmony 1.1.58
Fix typos and the like...

Will do with this as i did for GenLab

After all, thid mod is clearly abandoned... so taking it up and giving it a little work here and there, does not seem to be such a bad thing ;)

EDIT: You can find the new version here: Steam Forums
Enjoy - mod now works...

Thanks a lot, do you know if it's compatible with Imperium Aeterna?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment