Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Not a bug - Compilation thread] Minor typos in tooltips texts and graphical glitches in UI

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Oct 21, 2020, 10:40:28 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some typos or graphical glitches I noticed during my playthroughs, I'll update the thread if I see more. Anyone else's welcome to update it as well of course !

[Edit] : For a better readability, I'm revamping the thread with 2 categories (1 - Minor typos and 2 - Graphical glitches).

1 - Minor typos :

• Diplomacy panel/UI -> "Hateful" tooltip AI's archetype : interecting instead of interacting I assume ?

• Diplomacy panel/UI -> Trade Tab tooltip refers to the left side for AI, it should be the right side obviously ;)

• Diplomacy panel/UI -> "can only have on active treaty" instead of "one active treaty" i assume.

• Diplomacy panel/UI -> some kind of strings not converted to full text

• Diplomacy panel/UI -> Morale tooltip when refusing opponent's demands is unclear. It says that refusing would stop the opponent gaining Morale from the current demand, but it actually increases it after refusing.
Before refusing :

After refusing :

• Main UI - Shared project panel/UI -> Tooltip missing text for Science Mode as the Greeks
  • Diplomacy panel/UI -> when hovering the mouse over the relationship status (aka "bound" here), tooltip would need some spacing and/or indentation and/or bullet point for every diplomatic deed/asset listed :

2 - Graphical glitches :

• Lighthouse of Alexandria -> already documented and discussed here
  • Competitive Deeds -> already documented here
  • As the Celts -> when placing a strategic or luxury resource extractor, the yields tooltip gives the same information as for the Celts Emblematic Quarter's Nemeton (pretty consistent, as it appears even before having built a Nemeton first).

Strategic resource extractor :

Luxury resource extractor :

• Gunung Mulu Natural Wonder -> on the Society screen, when hovering the mouse over the wonder, tooltip indicates a +2 Money effect, whereas the effects ingame are +2 Food and +1 Vision Range
Society screen :

Main UI :

• Harbour fortifications on lake/(coastal ?) tile -> when building an harbour on a lake tile (adjacent to an already fortified tile on land), fortifications appear on lake - Graphical glitch for the harbour not appearing is linked to this other glitch.

• Civic screen top right corner icon/ornamentation -> ok, this last one is nitpicking, but I'd prefer the icon/ornamentation facing left rather than right.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to add your own bugs/glitches.

Cheers !

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 17, 2020, 1:00:24 AM

I don't have any visual evidence, but I had several graphical issues happen. One, on turn 48, I had all my cities banners go almost opaque. I couldn't see anything about the city, or the attach for outposts. I had to zoom way, way in to see anything, and it was barely there. I saved the game and logged out to main menu and loaded the save and same thing. I completely exited the game and loaded back up and everything was back to normal. The next one came much later in the game when I had over 10 options for units, they all disappeared in my city menu's. I could hover my mouse over where they were and a tooltip would pop up showing what unit it was. This disappeared after about 5 turns. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 27, 2020, 6:54:26 PM
OneNutMIA wrote:

I don't have any visual evidence, but I had several graphical issues happen. One, on turn 48, I had all my cities banners go almost opaque. I couldn't see anything about the city, or the attach for outposts. I had to zoom way, way in to see anything, and it was barely there. I saved the game and logged out to main menu and loaded the save and same thing. I completely exited the game and loaded back up and everything was back to normal. The next one came much later in the game when I had over 10 options for units, they all disappeared in my city menu's. I could hover my mouse over where they were and a tooltip would pop up showing what unit it was. This disappeared after about 5 turns. 

It seems it's a common issue with Lucy OpenDev, the best way is to zoom out (Empire Screen) and zoom back in. Cities' panels should reappear.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment