Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Can't get into the Beta

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:46:49 AM
Hey I've pre-purchased the game on Steam, was in the VictorDev Beta. Despite all of that I don't have anything in my rewards, nor do I have it on my steam account. What am I supposed to do?
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:51:24 AM

I'm having the same issue.  I played a previous OpenDev.  The game itself is showing up in my Steam library, and my rewards page is linked to steam and other rewards were able to be redeemed

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:51:35 AM

I'm facing a similar problem. Participated in the victor opendev, then closed beta comes and the victor opendev in my steam library turned into closed beta, but when I launched it it just closes instantly. Just contacted SEGA support. Hopefully I get to test out the closed beta and thanks the devs for working so hard!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 1:25:23 AM

I participated right from the start (Scenarios 1 and 2) but had trouble installing Victor and decided to wait for the next opportunity. Does earlier participation not entitle me? Closed beta access hasn't appeared as a reward...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 1:25:51 AM
raspberly wrote:

Hello,

You need to resync your Steam Account in your profile to unlock the "Closed Beta" badge that will unlock you the Closed Beta Reward :)

Thank you for your time. I resynced my account thrice and got the badge then went to redeem the closed beta. However, when I pressed launch again, it just opens for 0.5 seconds then closes. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 1:34:32 AM

Same with me I have tried resyncing and redownloading but as soon as I start up the game it instantly crashes right before the intro video.  Was also part of the Victor OpenDev had no problems opening the game. 

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 2:24:30 AM

@FreezinPenguin and @TheMonsoon6732 It can potentially be such a simple thing as Your Anti-Viruys software blocking the Humankind.exe file from executing. If so You need to give/allow it permission in Your anti-virus software advanced settings. hard to guide You on that since all anti-virus software has different menues and such.

It can be another issue as well. Note that I am NOT sure this is the issue You are having, but lingering/left over old "Registry.xml" file from previous Humankind versions in the "Documents\Humankind\Users" folder can cause incompatibility issues with newer Humankind builds/versions.

It did for me and another VIP named @Eysteinh just the other day. The file causing it and the solution I managed to figure out by fiddling, worked at least for both me and @Eysteinh.

We could get to the Amplitude/SEGA opening logos then as the game was about to load with the loading screen it went black after a while and just crash to desktop with no error messages. Sometimes it would not even show the loading screen for a few seconds but go black and crash stright away.

To make a long story shorter, You can test to simply delete/remove the Registry.xml (save it on the desktop just in case you'll need it again) from the "Documents\Humankind\Users" folder and try boot up the game again. 

I'm NOT talking about the Registry.xml in the "Steam\steamapps\common\Humankind OPENDEV" folder. Do NOt touch that one. Only the one in "Documents\Humankind\Users" folder. It is simply a file that save settings You have chosen to launch Humanknd in. Like resolution, graphic quality etc. If it's old it can have lines in it that are no longer valid setting for Humankind. 

Potentially You have to either verify the steam game files integrity after or install Closed Beta again and try restart the game after that. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

The Registry.xml in the "Documents\Humankind\Users" folder does not get automatically deleted when reinstalling a newer version. You need to do that manually, since it seems some versions can cause incompatibility issues with other versions/builds of Humankind.

Really hard to give advice with so little information to go by, other than that the game crashes, or open and closes.

As usual this is just something to try to see if that fixes it. It could be some other issue causing it too of course. You do it at Your own responsibilty and free will of course. It's Your PC and Your choice.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 2:43:10 AM

I actually just looked under documents\humankind\temporary files and found a diagnostic report saying that it is unable to load  'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper' could that be my problem?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 2:49:50 AM
TheMonsoon6732 wrote:

I actually just looked under documents\humankind\temporary files and found a diagnostic report saying that it is unable to load  'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper' could that be my problem?

@TheMonsoon6732 Sounds like that is Your issue then. There is another thread bringing up that issue as well, link: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/212-closed-beta/threads/40644-can-t-run-the-game-logitechledengineswrapper-dll-issue

Sorry to say I have no idea what is causing that and no solution for You to try either, since that is an issue I have never run into. It seems it only affects some PC's. As an example I do not get that error trying to load this Humankind Closed Beta. That does not mean others like You can be affected. So many various PC hardware and software combinations out there. I guess the engineers/devs from Amplitude have to get back to people and adress that one. Since it is now the middle of the night between Sunday and Monday in France I would not expect any replies or solutions until they back to work Monday. They work after CEST timezone after all.

Hopefully they wil have a fix for those affected soon. :)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 3:11:49 AM

@Lord_Funk I have tried all the advice you gave me as well.
- Moving the registry.xml files from the documents to my desktop then verify game data. NOT the one from steamapps. I also tried deleting it, but to no avail so I restored it back.
- Checking my anti-virus settings and permissions. Even disabling it.
Unfortunately, nothing seems to have worked. However, I do not have the diagnostic report regarding 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper' many others seem to have. In fact, there were no files in the document/humankind/temporary files that is from this month at all, there's only the one from victor opendev.
It just launches, a black screen popped up for a milisecond, then it just closes. Sometimes it's just the logo on the taskbar that appears then instantly disappear.
I had the same problem as well during the lucy opendev, but I got no reply from both SEGA support and the forum so I just missed out on it unfortunately.
Is there anything other advice you could give me?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 4:06:55 AM
FreezinPenguin wrote:

@Lord_Funk I have tried all the advice you gave me as well.
- Moving the registry.xml files from the documents to my desktop then verify game data. NOT the one from steamapps. I also tried deleting it, but to no avail so I restored it back.
- Checking my anti-virus settings and permissions. Even disabling it.
Unfortunately, nothing seems to have worked. However, I do not have the diagnostic report regarding 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper' many others seem to have. In fact, there were no files in the document/humankind/temporary files that is from this month at all, there's only the one from victor opendev.
It just launches, a black screen popped up for a milisecond, then it just closes. Sometimes it's just the logo on the taskbar that appears then instantly disappear.
I had the same problem as well during the lucy opendev, but I got no reply from both SEGA support and the forum so I just missed out on it unfortunately.
Is there anything other advice you could give me?

@FreezinPenguin I assume You both had the Registry.exe in the "Documents\Humankind\Users" folder removed at the same time as making sure the anti-virus was not blocking the Humankind.exe file, right ???

You could try deleting everything in the "Documents\Humankind\" folder. Not the folders themselves, but any files in them. Plaese make sure You save them all first just in case You ned them again. If You dlete that Diagnostic file from Victor OpenDev it should create a new Diagnostic file once You try loading and maybe that will create some diagnostic answers.

Other than that I can only come with the usual advices with so littla data. Not knowing Your PC hardware at all, nor what programs are installed etc.

• Like make sure You have the latest Graphic card Drivers. If it's an Nvidi card get them from Nvida site, if it's AMD get them from AMD, or if You have AMD's Radeon Software installed let that search for new updates. 
  • Make sure Windows 10 is up-to-date etc. 
  • Making sure Graphic Card settings are set to highest in windows, so Windows 10 acctually uses the dedicated GPU and not some internal GPU on the CPU and Motherboard. 
  • Verify the steam Humankind game files and general things like that.

I have made a more thorough "step-by-step" post with things to do before installing games in general in the VIP forums as we have been busy testing there. Making sure that the correct versions of VC redist are properly installed (both x86 and x64 versions). Making sure DXWebinstaller is installed (it does not come pre-instalkeld on windows 10 and some games requires it to run). Making sure older .Net is activated (as it can be deactivated by default in windows 10) etc. I am planning to copy and post that whole thread with all various advices and things to do in the public Tech Forum as well. 

However I need to change some things in that thread though before doing that. Like some screenshots, since those could give away information on the unofficial test builds and exe files. We VIP's under strict NDA, so I would not want to accidentally post something publically that is not meant for the public. Not gotten around to do all that yet. I will try to do that before official launch at least.

Disclaimer: Just remember that anything You try is at Your own responsibilty. I only give advices that have worked for me on my familys PC set-ups. Not all things might work on others PC set-ups. Your PC, Your choices, as to what You try to change or do.

Note: It's early  morning here now after a nlong night, so I'm soon off to bed. I hope You mange to find a solution. I'm sure official Amplitude Staff will be around more in a few hrs, as they get to work on a Monday and will reply here and try to help people having issues.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 8:48:20 AM

@Lord_Funk Thank you so much for taking your precious time to reply.
I tried removingthe folder and making surethe anti-virus was not block the file and also did its eparately.
I deleted everything in the documents\humankind folder too, and reinstalled and verified the game. Still cannot manage to launch the the closed beta.
I'll be looking forward to the thread! I'm sure it will be helpful, even if mine still doesn't work I'm sure it will help other people.

Thank you for helping us and please have a lovely week!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 9:12:39 AM
TheMonsoon6732 wrote:

An update was just rolled out on steam and should ask you to install c++ 2013 redistribuables. This will hopefully help!

@FreezinPenguin Can you try launching the game, then grabbing a diagnostics log? This should be located in Documents > Humankind > Temporary Files. They should be timestamped, so find the one matching the time you launched the game! This would help us try and investigate your issue. Thanks!

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 10:08:15 AM

@Saikana Thank you for your fast response.
I have tried launching the game, but after it crashes the only file in Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files is readme.txt
I have checked for hidden files, but it is also not there.
I apologize for the late reply.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 10:21:48 AM
FreezinPenguin wrote:

I have tried launching the game, but after it crashes the only file in Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files is readme.txt

I will also mention that the only folder in Documents\Humankind\ is Temporary Files. No Users folder that was prevalent in the victor opendev.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:15:54 PM
FreezinPenguin wrote:
FreezinPenguin wrote:

I will also mention that the only folder in Documents\Humankind\ is Temporary Files. No Users folder that was prevalent in the victor opendev.

Good morning !!! :) 

No worries @FreezinPenguin that is what a community forum is for. To hep each other. I know all too well how frustrating it cvan be to not get a game running when wanting to play.

I'm starting to wonder if there is some "permission/privelege" issue with Your Windows 10 ??? I know some games have had that issue with the User Documents folders being read and write protected for Windows 10 user accounts unless You run Windows 10 as Administrator. Seems the things that should be created upon starting the game in the documents folder is not being created, as if the folders are blocked/protected from being altered. Just a wild guess.

I can't remember where I read or saw a video about that issue with some games shortly after Windows 10 was released and how to work around that issue. Been some years since I read that. Could be that Your Windows user account is not having the necessary permissions/privelege and You must try to run the game as Administator.

It depends on how Your Windows 10 installation was set-up. If You are just runing a user acccount, or the acctual admin account etc. It's all about that it could have been set up with an account for You. You know like You can set up various local Windows accounts at an office or for the family on the same PC and setting it so that some user accounts can not install things or alter too much. To not risk some family members breaking something. So that only the account with admin privileges can install and alter certain things on the PC.

You could try and locate Your Humankind.exe file in Your steam directory "\Steam\steamapps\common\Humankind OPENDEV\Humankind.exe" and then right click on it and chose run as Administrator. Hopefully You have the password (if one is needed) for Your Windows 10 Administrator account. It will ask You for that password if needed. I think there was something more that was neede to be done too. Like change some folders to not be read and write protected, but as I said so long ago that I read that, so I'm not 100% sure as to all the details. Do not alter such things without being 100% sure, since that could leave You open to attacks and trojans as well. There is a resaon some folders are read and write protected after all. However at least start by trying to run the games Humankind.exe as Administrator and see if that does anything at all.

I'm sure @Saikana and the official Amplitude team can help You better, since they are alot more knowledgeable and skilled than I am. I hope You find a solution !!!

Edit: I just read Your others posts and the devs responses in this thread, link: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/212-closed-beta/threads/40653-downloaded-game-on-steam-crashes-on-start-up?page=1#post-319174 I read there that Your issue was finally located and that it was a language setting. Thai langauge being bugged or incompatible with Unity. I also read that You now have the game up and running after switching Your Windows langage setting. Awesome. I'm really happy to hear Your issue was resolved !!! 

One more advice to memorize in case someone else runs into it and asks for advice.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:22:57 PM

It is all fixed now! 

My windows language is Thai, and apparently there are some problems about Thaiblanguage and unity. I changed it to English and is now running perfectly fine.

Thank you for your quick and helpful responses! @Lord_Funk 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment