1 Year - 5 Years
5 Years - 10 Years
10 Years - 20 Years
20 Years +
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 11:34:09 PM
well now i'm 26 and i've been gaming ever since i was six (i think) Always on PC. Never on consoles :-)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 8:24:54 AM
I've been gaming since I was three and I'm almost nineteen, so I've been gaming for sixteen years.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 2:43:50 AM
First experience of gaming was on an amstrad cpc about 30 years ago, believe me I don't miss tape drives although it did give my mate and I an excuse to go for a ciggy while the next game loaded.

First online gaming was 1999, an unreal tournament mod called Tactical Ops (think Counter Strike and you've got it). Started the {Ogre} Old Geezers Riot Excursion clan in 2000 and we carried on playing until tacops died in about 2006 - good times - exceedingly good piss ups when the clan got together.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 5:16:15 PM
I was 5 when I picked up my first game, Bionic commando elite forces was the name. I've been a gamer for a while I guess
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
Solardream wrote:
Games were great even in the old days of 8-bit and less graphics, simply because they had a good solid premise. Something all the fluffy graphics in the world can't help. (Look at any modern MMO, they're losing it.)

Cant argue with you there. Tried Star Trek Online because it was free and it was right rubbish. Then tried World of Warcraft because it seems to be the in thing and it was really dull and boring to me. Gameplay has definitely taken a backseat to graphics these days and the games are all the worse for it. I actually feel sorry for the younger gamers that havent experienced UFO Enemy Unknown, EF2000, Frontier, M1 Tank Platoon, Gunship 2000, Simcity, Civilisation (the original), and Wing Commander. Some recent games stand out from the crowd (Halflife, Batman, Rise of Flight, Endless Space Deus Ex Revolution, Skyrim, possibly the new UFO game) but they are few and far between.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 7:50:22 AM
I'm in the 20+ crowd. (You people are damn young!)

I started DOS PC gaming when I was 10, but I had my first Atari 2600 earlier then that say 7, back in the 80's. So that's 26+ years actually.

And yeah I don't play modern games like the kiddies do these days. I'm more interested in 'what makes the story-tick' and background information, then flying through some game to get to an ending and finding every bug that let's me cheat. *sighs* KISS is my motto. Games were great even in the old days of 8-bit and less graphics, simply because they had a good solid premise. Something all the fluffy graphics in the world can't help. (Look at any modern MMO, they're losing it.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 1:16:09 AM
Haha, we still play Heroquest now and then. It's so naive and innocent. Not like Descent... that's gruesome stuff. Great but unforgiving.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 9:37:14 PM
I started with an own Spectrum 128K... in a far far galaxy long long time ago... but I playes befores with friends comodore and Spectrum 64
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 11:23:04 AM
i begun playing computer games on my cousins Amstrad and never stopped playing PC games. Never been a fun of consoles, just a few exceptions for some specific games. Lately i started playing more board games with Twilight Imperium being my favorite. Never managed to complete my Warhammer army though smiley: cry
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 11:11:53 AM
At my 22 years old I think I've been gaming for about 17-15 years, I started with watching my dad playing DOOM on our DOS machine and after a while he allowed to to press the CTRL-Button (Shoot), needless to say I felt pretty damn awesome as a kid. After that my parents bought me an SNES and from there it kinda carried on till now.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 6:20:40 AM
Way to make a guy feel old! *laughs* Twenty-six, nearly finished with medical school, and still up at 2:30 in the morning with a video game...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 7:36:11 PM
I voted 20+, although I think it may be around 20 exactly. Started gaming around 2 or 3 and I'm 23 nowadays. What a long, strange trip its been.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 5:01:55 PM
Sigmar2408 wrote:
Still remember my first games of a board game called "Hero Quest" with my family when i was about 12, we had some great hours with it and I remember developing new adventures for this as well. Thats 20 years ago now and I still have the game...and desperately want to play it again (haven't for years!) now that i wrote about it. smiley: cool

That is one hell of a game! I loved to play that with my friends when I was 12 too!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 12:08:17 PM
Still remember my first games of a board game called "Hero Quest" with my family when i was about 12, we had some great hours with it and I remember developing new adventures for this as well. Thats 20 years ago now and I still have the game...and desperately want to play it again (haven't for years!) now that i wrote about it. smiley: cool

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment