Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Options for buying ES

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 12:31:12 PM
I am using my friend's ES, from the amount of time I have spent playing and seeing this forum, I want a copy of my own, steam is selling for $30, for me ( Indian ) that a lot ( comes to around Rs.1700 ) is there any other site selling ? preferably where I can pay in rupees (Indian currency) ? thanks in advance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 1:07:00 PM
I only know of Steam and Gamersgate, and it's for $30 (USD) on both. I think I saw it on Origin once, but I can't remember for sure.

Either way, I don't think you'll be finding it for less than $30/Rs.1700. Not with as new as the game still is, with as well as I think it's doing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 4:35:25 PM
Disappointing, guess I am going to have to shell out, it's worth the money though. thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 4:04:17 PM
I would be interested to know if there are any alternatives to buying and updating Endless Space other than using Steam? I am actively going to try using Steam a lot less in the future I think.

Do Gamersgate provide an alternative to Steam that works the same way as Steam otherwise? What are they like for claiming refunds?

Does anyone know of a place to get decent games other than from Steam - particularly one that doesnt mind giving out refunds? Only place I can think of, and have used, is Amazon but I dont like their delivery company much. Certainly though Amazon gives refunds easily, which is their main advantage for buying PC gaming software. I dont mind using Steam if I can claim a refund from the original company that sold me the game such as Amazon, if the game doesnt work as intended.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 5:06:48 PM
nats wrote:
I would be interested to know if there are any alternatives to buying and updating Endless Space other than using Steam? I am actively going to try using Steam a lot less in the future I think.

Do Gamersgate provide an alternative to Steam that works the same way as Steam otherwise? What are they like for claiming refunds?

Does anyone know of a place to get decent games other than from Steam - particularly one that doesnt mind giving out refunds? Only place I can think of, and have used, is Amazon but I dont like their delivery company much. Certainly though Amazon gives refunds easily, which is their main advantage for buying PC gaming software. I dont mind using Steam if I can claim a refund from the original company that sold me the game such as Amazon, if the game doesnt work as intended.

The only other real option that I know of would be Origin (and by extension, GameStop, since I believe they handle their digital downloads though Origin).

Refunds are always going to be tricky, though, with something you downloaded digitally. Because there is nothing physical to give back, they'll always be paranoid that you didn't find some way to copy the game for yourself to keep playing even after you get your refund. I really doubt this is a Steam issue, as much as it may be an industry issue. And, personally, I find Steam to be a lot better than Origin.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 6:31:35 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
The only other real option that I know of would be Origin (and by extension, GameStop, since I believe they handle their digital downloads though Origin).

Refunds are always going to be tricky, though, with something you downloaded digitally. Because there is nothing physical to give back, they'll always be paranoid that you didn't find some way to copy the game for yourself to keep playing even after you get your refund. I really doubt this is a Steam issue, as much as it may be an industry issue. And, personally, I find Steam to be a lot better than Origin.

I've had no problem sending games back through Amazon and getting a full refund even when they were Steam registered so that would probably be my main port of call from now on I think. I will just try to restrict my digital downloading to only well tested and well received games (like Endless Space) and only when there are no other options. I am definitely going to try to limit my Steam exposure from now on though its starting to get a bit out of hand and I dont like all my game playing relying purely on the intentions of one company, especially when they dont offer refunds.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 9:28:25 PM
nats wrote:
I've had no problem sending games back through Amazon and getting a full refund even when they were Steam registered so that would probably be my main port of call from now on I think. I will just try to restrict my digital downloading to only well tested and well received games (like Endless Space) and only when there are no other options. I am definitely going to try to limit my Steam exposure from now on though its starting to get a bit out of hand and I dont like all my game playing relying purely on the intentions of one company, especially when they dont offer refunds.

Well, as you pointed out with Amazon...You sent the game back, so I assume that means you bought a hard copy. And there wouldn't be an issue there. If nothing else, they at least get their game back to sell again, even if you may have found a crack to play without a disk.

With digital download, though, when you ask for a refund...What if you found a way to crack the game, so you can play it even after Steam or whoever takes the game back/deletes it from your library/however that works? For all they know they just gave you a free game, and they don't even get a disk they can at least sell again as used.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment