Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Wet dog science

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 2:26:55 PM
Huh, well then...I'll just say this once again, I think the majority of scientists in the world are starting to get bored smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 4:24:27 PM
"Small animals shake the fastest in order to generate the force required to overcome the surface tension that holds water to fur, whereas large animals — whose size makes it easier to generate sufficient force — move slower to reach a comparable degree of dryness." As I'd assume, it follows size vs. metabolism/heat.

FinalStrigon wrote:
Huh, well then...I'll just say this once again, I think the majority of scientists in the world are starting to get bored smiley: stickouttongue

Yeah, I'm not totally sure of the significance of such research, or how applicable it is to anything else. This article reminded me of research done on cats' drinking:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/green/greenblog/2010/11/mit_researchers_unravel_the_ph.html
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 6:11:41 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:

I see nothing wrong with knowledge for the sake of knowledge.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 6:43:21 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
I see nothing wrong with knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

There is nothing wrong with it, because elemental research often has side-effects that you cannot foresee.

Civilian internet, high speed grid computing, better applications of superconductors, cancer radiation therapy with particle accelerators, analogue signal glass fibre transmission, unimpedable checks on nuclear facilities within 500km range maximum and that is a very incomplete list of things elementary research has left off the side for others to use. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 4:10:42 PM
This made me chuckle, well worth a look if your an owner of a beast that loves to shake all over you. This was definitely the result of someone shouting " Let's make Science".
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment