Total recall

Yes
No
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:10:32 PM
Hi there scifi fans,

Did any of you already see the new total recall movie in theaters? I am planning to go, should I?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:39:42 PM
It's good for a fun time at the movies with plenty of sci-fi intricacies to appreciate in the film's setting and no major annoyances that make you want to look away. So I'd definitely recommend it as a great B+, one time watch fun flick with friends.

Only major issue I can see is if you have any predetermined expectations based on the Arnie original, as this film is completely different in its approach and overall setting. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 11:13:06 AM
The movie looks great, and the tech is fun. The Dystopian future in appearance is cross between 5th Element and Blade Runner. The action was good in a "Bourne" series way. Lots of "tongue-in-cheek" homage styled jokes to the Ahnold movie (which was different that the short story it was based on). The acting wasn't bad at all. There was one problem... there wasn't really a story to be had. This could have been any action movie since the early 80's. Any group of actors could have been substituted in and you wouldn't have known the difference. I'd wait for netflix.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 6:02:07 PM
I'd recommend going. It was a good sci-fi action flick with some cool moments. I've never seen the original, so I can't compare it to that, but my friend and I enjoyed it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 7:50:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I will go! Such movies should be seen in theatre for the tech effects. If it is a mix between 5th Element and Blade Runner I should defintely go. And I think scifi movies should be awarded, otherwise they may stop making them (the same holds for games of course).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 11:03:24 PM
GJDriessen wrote:
Thanks everyone. I think I will go! Such movies should be seen in theatre for the tech effects. If it is a mix between 5th Element and Blade Runner I should defintely go. And I think scifi movies should be awarded, otherwise they may stop making them (the same holds for games of course).

The appearance and tech is a mix, not the story. In my opinion, there was barely a story. The original was waaaaaaaay deeper than this remake was.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:40:04 AM
If you liked the original, you'll hate it.

If you've never seen the original, you'll like it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 8:51:28 PM
I just saw the movie in theatre. The visuals looked great, as did some of the actors smiley: smile

The story was in some ways different from the original and in some ways the same.

But the story was very thin and the humor of the original movie was lacking. The focus was also very much on the persuit and action.

I would recommend it for the scifi theme, but not so much for the story.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment