Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Translation

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 9:01:31 PM
Hi all, I've some question for translations, because I've found the localization folder and a file ( like the english file for SoSE ), it's the only file to translate? And mainly : we can translate ( without copyright issue etc etc ) this game in other language (like italian for me)? I'm interested for a translation smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 10:05:54 PM
Hi all, i'm wondering the same. I would be interested in creating a Dutch translation. Is this possible? Will it be 'supported' by the game in the end?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 2, 2012, 11:09:23 PM
Hey guys,

the game will be localized in at least French and German, and we are looking into more languages depending on player's interests. But the file should be moddable (when modding is implemented), so you guys will be very welcome to take your shot at translating the game as a mod... (or mod mod..) smiley: smile

ST
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:37:14 AM
Hey,

on Steam I can preorder the game in english. Are there any possibilities to chance the language to german later on or should I buy the game if it is available in german?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:57:34 AM
SpaceTroll wrote:
Hey guys,

the game will be localized in at least French and German, and we are looking into more languages depending on player's interests. But the file should be moddable (when modding is implemented), so you guys will be very welcome to take your shot at translating the game as a mod... (or mod mod..) smiley: smile

ST

Ok, I start a little work this saturday afternoon. Is possible to translate also the manual right?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:33:42 AM
doublefrag wrote:
Hey,

on Steam I can preorder the game in english. Are there any possibilities to chance the language to german later on or should I buy the game if it is available in german?

Don't worry about it, you will have all languages included in the build (at least for English German and French), worst case scenario you will need to reinstall the game selecting german at the beginning of the install process.

so to summarize you can play it now in english and when german is available, update the game, reinstall and select german.

cheers
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:54:05 PM
I wouldn't mind helping with a translation mod to Finnish if someone is doing so but I doubt anyone would use it. (And Finnish scifi translations usually sound a bit dodgy.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:51:21 PM
Don't forget we are still in alpha: it's certain the text will change and maybe it will be difficult to track these modifications.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:50:53 AM
Lt_Miles wrote:
Don't forget we are still in alpha: it's certain the text will change and maybe it will be difficult to track these modifications.

I think a test to try if all can work well is a good idea, so in beta we will be ready . And various translations,can attract more player that like to play in their language smiley: smile . Today I'll start to work on the translation, can I post some image here?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:41:18 AM
My native language is german and even most of the games available in german there are many games out there i play with english text and speech. First of all its a good training to keep using a foreign language, but the main reason most of the time is that there are so many really bad localizations in many games. A "good" example would here be "Dungeon Defenders" a awesome game, but your eyes gonna bleed if you use the german text. That's worse than using google-traslator or other similar webtools. Often it seems like its just done in the last 5 minutens before the game got released.

If there is any help needed to translate the original english text into german i would gladly spend some of my free time to help you guys.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 5:08:29 PM
ooh i want that translation so much i have no problems with english but its an other feeling when you musnt think about some words you never heard^^
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 17, 2021, 8:00:19 PM
SpaceTroll wrote:
Hey guys,

the game will be localized in at least French and German, and we are looking into more languages depending on player's interests. But the file should be moddable (when modding is implemented), so you guys will be very welcome to take your shot at translating the game as a mod... (or mod mod..)

ST

Hi, I'm working on translation into Czech and Slovak.
Can advise me where to find subtitle files for intro video which starts after launching a new game?
I found and translated the complete text from the video subtitles for each faction in the localization files.
But it still appears in the original language.
The rest of the game translation works fine, but only in these subtitles for intro videos it doesn't work.
As if the text was placed somewhere else, but I do not understand why it is then in the localization files and when it is translated in the game itself, it remains untranslated.
Thank for your help.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment