Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

My wife hates this game

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 7:40:17 PM
n18991c wrote:
I sympathize with you. I'm not married but judging by the looks my girlfriend gives me every so often when I've spent too much time in front of the computer playing ES again, I fear that if I don't pull myself together I may end up never marrying.. or worse, she may actually harm me (or my computer)...! haha lol

I have two kids and have been married for 9 years...trust me, it's easier and way cheaper to me single despite the tax breaks of being otherwise gets you here in the U.S. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 10:55:42 PM
Astra wrote:
Then imagine how pleased and pleased and understanding she'll be when you show her this game. "C'mon honey, it's only been 48 straight hours...the galaxy needs me! I've just connected a new luxury to my capital...I'm making billions of people happy!"

This! Excactly this! lol

- that's why i'm just playing "reasonable" amounts of ES (thank god, there is a save button smiley: biggrin )
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 9:49:36 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Oh I don't even want to imagine, how mad my GF would be, seriously... lol

Then imagine how pleased and pleased and understanding she'll be when you show her this game. "C'mon honey, it's only been 48 straight hours...the galaxy needs me! I've just connected a new luxury to my capital...I'm making billions of people happy!"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:32:51 PM
Astra wrote:
Ha ha, you got me. And I completely agree with her, for exactly the same reasons. (Although, by this point, I look back at 'just' 10 hours and laugh.)

Oh I don't even want to imagine, how mad my GF would be, seriously... lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 16, 2012, 11:00:30 PM
MikeTheEnjoyer wrote:
...because it just sucked up 10 straight hours of my life, which as a grown-ass adult, doesn't happen very often.

Ha ha, you got me. And I completely agree with her, for exactly the same reasons. (Although, by this point, I look back at 'just' 10 hours and laugh.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 7:21:31 AM
ferretersmith wrote:
My solution to the poor relationship between video games and girlfriends has simply to get them hooked on whatever game I'm currently hooked on. One warning though! Make sure she has her own computer to play on unless you want it to cut into your playing time.

haha nice one! smiley: smile I've done that actually with my girlfriend, but with another game. Was actually fun in MP coordinating joint actions while she played one faction and I another... our enemies never knew what hit them smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 5:07:41 AM
Tulzcha wrote:
My wife compared my experience to Eve Online, as I kinda lulled out for a bit and next thing you know "You gonna help with dinner?".....

Noe that's a game I haven't played in ages. I thought I was cool when I hit 60milSP lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 3:50:49 AM
My wife compared my experience to Eve Online, as I kinda lulled out for a bit and next thing you know "You gonna help with dinner?".....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 9:33:32 PM
ferretersmith wrote:
My solution to the poor relationship between video games and girlfriends has simply to get them hooked on whatever game I'm currently hooked on. One warning though! Make sure she has her own computer to play on unless you want it to cut into your playing time.

Yes it works (confirmed!) but watch out, your GF/Wife might get better than you at certain games... smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 9:28:33 PM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 3:03:16 AM
...because it just sucked up 10 straight hours of my life, which as a grown-ass adult, doesn't happen very often. I've played MOO, MOO2, MOO3, GALCIV 1&2, Star Ruler, and this game has the same "magic" that MOO had all those years ago.

Despite what some people think I've found that I really like the combat system, though it'd be nice if the combat cards were by type (offense, engineering, etc).

I don't suppose there's a chart that lists the combat cards?

PS I've been kicking myself since I bought it for not pre-ordering and getting access to the alpha/beta
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 4:59:23 PM
resonansER wrote:
My wifes loves me and all things what I like.

"wifes"....as in more than one? And I find it hard to believe that one wife loves you playing ES all the time let alone all your wives. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 3:47:50 PM
MikeTheEnjoyer wrote:
My wife hates this game...because it just sucked up 10 straight hours of my life, which as a grown-ass adult, doesn't happen very often.

I sympathize with you. I'm not married but judging by the looks my girlfriend gives me every so often when I've spent too much time in front of the computer playing ES again, I fear that if I don't pull myself together I may end up never marrying.. or worse, she may actually harm me (or my computer)...! haha lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 11:03:24 PM
Yup, my wife hates it too. Single player was a bit stale because of the bad AI, but since I got into MP I've been playing a lot.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 3:38:43 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
Well, nice to hear you enjoy the game so much! And welcome to the forums.

Sorry about the feelings of the missus, but here's a list and some pictures of most (if not all) the battle cards: http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Action

Thanks! That's perfect! I have no idea how I missed that before. Now I wish the battle cards were arranged in-game like they are at the link.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 11:51:25 AM
MikeTheEnjoyer wrote:
I don't suppose there's a chart that lists the combat cards?

You can also see the cards available to a certain fleet by selecting it, I believe the button is "Actions" or something similar (I can't remember off the top of my head)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment