Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Who has bought a Halloween game in the Steam sale?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 3:33:55 PM
Ive just got Dead Island for £10. Saw the video of it ages ago and it stayed in my memory as being superb looking. Didnt remember until now when I saw it in the sale.

I love zombie films like Romero's so I think it will be good.

Played Left For Dead 2 when it was free ages ago and quite liked that but I think Dead Island will be better - don't much like multiplayer games they are too fast and frenetic. I remember feeling exhausted after a typical session of Left For Dead 2! I'm hoping Dead Island wont be quite that bad!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 3:40:16 PM
Bought Lone Survivor, actually.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 3:41:17 PM
Deadlight - I love me some Metroidvania sidescroller games. And I haven't really found any since my Xbox burnt out leaving me with no way to play Shadow Complex. :l

Oh - and I'm playing A game of Dwarves. I love building digging and building smiley: money
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 4:00:15 PM
Bought some DLCs for Orcs Must Die 2. smiley: smile

nats wrote:
Ive just got Dead Island for £10. Saw the video of it ages ago and it stayed in my memory as being superb looking. Didnt remember until now when I saw it in the sale.

I love zombie films like Romero's so I think it will be good.

Played Left For Dead 2 when it was free ages ago and quite liked that but I think Dead Island will be better - don't much like multiplayer games they are too fast and frenetic. I remember feeling exhausted after a typical session of Left For Dead 2! I'm hoping Dead Island wont be quite that bad!

I actually loved the L4D series! Spent many hours playing custom maps and so on with friends + Skype. Lots of fun! As for Dead Island, I remember loving the trailer when the game was announced. Did not buy the game in the end though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 4:04:27 PM
Mansen wrote:
Oh - and I'm playing A game of Dwarves. I love building digging and building smiley: money

Me, too. smiley: biggrin

Actually, I like more to expand on the upper floors, get comfy there, then make a guardroom and the corridor of death.

Any enemy trying to walk through that corridor has made ample experience, why it is so aptly named... 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 5:13:16 PM
I've bought Spec Ops: The Line. but not on steam, in a real shop. (the game registers on steam though..)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 10:05:42 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I remember loving the trailer when the game was announced. Did not buy the game in the end though.

Have a look at the Dead Island website and the trailer for their sequel next year - its got a pretty good video as well. Not as good as the first game's video though I loved that one - had to rewind it several times to understand what was going on!

Really enjoying the game so far!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 2, 2012, 9:45:17 AM
finiteHP wrote:
Lucky for my wallet there isn't anything in this sale of interest to me.

Well said - I didn't buy anything either smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 5:27:40 PM
finiteHP wrote:
Lucky for my wallet there isn't anything in this sale of interest to me.

Yep, same here. I keep looking, trying to identify a sweet deal which appeals to my gaming tastes, but until now I've alsways come up empty-handed... smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 8:44:20 PM
I've been wanting Dead Island for a while now, I just never got around to buying it (I would prefer to have it on the 360, and I am a very lazy person, so getting my arse to Gamestop is quite a feat). I did buy two Killing Floor bundles in the sale, no regrets whatsoever. I already have Left 4 Dead 2 for 360 so I didn't really need it on PC. There weren't really any other games I was out to grab, I want one of those digging/building games like A Game of Dwarves but I'd rather spend my money on the Maia Kickstarter.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 9:34:54 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I've been wanting Dead Island for a while now, I just never got around to buying it (I would prefer to have it on the 360, and I am a very lazy person, so getting my arse to Gamestop is quite a feat). I did buy two Killing Floor bundles in the sale, no regrets whatsoever. I already have Left 4 Dead 2 for 360 so I didn't really need it on PC. There weren't really any other games I was out to grab, I want one of those digging/building games like A Game of Dwarves but I'd rather spend my money on the Maia Kickstarter.

Interesting choice! But Maia is worth it, I'd say smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 10:14:46 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Interesting choice! But Maia is worth it, I'd say smiley: smile

I wanna go for the tier with my name in the credits, but Kickstarter won't accept my debit card. The developer said he plans on adding a Paypal option so I'm waiting for that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 10:21:03 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I wanna go for the tier with my name in the credits, but Kickstarter won't accept my debit card. The developer said he plans on adding a Paypal option so I'm waiting for that.

Similar problems here, but on different games too (atleast steam works)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment