Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

WOW Elite: Dangerous Revealed on Kickstarter!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 10:27:59 AM
Hmm so far this Elite Kickstarter is stumbling along. We need lots of new sci fi fans to stump up come of their cash for this new project otherwise we will be all playing FPS and RTS games for the next 10-20 years. It will be a tragedy of immense proportions if Elite 4 doesnt ever get made. At least Star Citizen is getting made thats something to look forward to for a years time. But the Wing Commander games, of which SC is the successor to, were never half as good as the Elite games. We really really need this Elite 4 to get made.

That David Braben doesnt seem to ahve a clue about Community Development. Perhaps Steph'nie can go along and give Frontier some tips!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 22, 2012, 8:21:59 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Al hail the marketing guru Steph'nie, hail her superior powers smiley: biggrin

... and fear them... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 21, 2012, 5:15:29 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Haha. I actually checked the comments section and filtered with Amplitude. Found a funny comments where nats calls me a "marketing guru". smiley: biggrin But yeah, all these Kickstarter / Greenlight projects seem to be a nice challenge.

Al hail the marketing guru Steph'nie, hail her superior powers smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 21, 2012, 5:09:47 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Steph'nie and the others will be proud smiley: biggrin

Haha. I actually checked the comments section and filtered with Amplitude. Found a funny comment where nats calls me a "marketing guru". smiley: biggrin But yeah, all these Kickstarter / Greenlight projects seem to be a nice challenge.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 11:18:04 PM
nats wrote:
...I have mentioned Amplitude as being a firm that David should look out for in terms of how to involve a community in a project.

Steph'nie and the others will be proud smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 11:08:17 PM
God its flipping addictive - Ive spent all my waking moments over the last week on the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter comments page. We are all waiting for David Braben to get moving on it - it's so frustrating sometimes. I have mentioned Amplitude as being a firm that David should look out for in terms of how to involve a community in a project.

But Elite: Dangerous is going to be a brilliant game I can tell. If we can get it funded that is.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 7:21:58 PM
Rudest wrote:
Reminds me vaguely of Freelancer! I'd love to play something like that again---but with far more Deph.

Perhaps this will be a bridge between Freelancer and Eve Online?

Nice Idea - I'd really like to play EVE, but not with monthly fees - I prefer buying the game once - GW2 made it this way, pay the game and then play online smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 7:04:41 PM
Reminds me vaguely of Freelancer! I'd love to play something like that again---but with far more Deph.

Perhaps this will be a bridge between Freelancer and Eve Online?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 2:34:50 PM
nats wrote:
That David Braben doesnt seem to ahve a clue about Community Development. Perhaps Steph'nie can go along and give Frontier some tips!

Genius! lol

Hopefully they'll make it! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 12:25:30 PM
From the artwork it seems really promising. I ll keep a close eye on it.smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 9:10:15 AM
David Braben announces Elite: Dangerous for early 2014!! This is a game I never thought would be made and I am very excited about the prospects. I played Frontier Elite 2 and Elite: First Encounters for years - literally. They were by far my most favourite PC games ever. This could be blooming great.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20165344

http://www.frontier.co.uk/news/latest/?artid=280&pageNum=0&blk=12

http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Has to be the most exciting announcement in PC gaming for years and years. Welcome back space sim games to the PC, at long last!

I just hope he does it well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:31:48 AM
nats wrote:
More information including video from David Braben and screenshots added to the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter site

Thanks, will check it out!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:26:41 AM
More information including video from David Braben and screenshots added to the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter site
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 12:49:10 PM
nats wrote:
I only played the later two games not Elite. They were superb, you just dont get games like that anymore ... until now hopefully. Seriously this is one massive massive day in the history of computer gaming. Braben will get loads and loads pledged I can guarantee it. I mean - 10% reached of his goal by midday of the first day!!! I have never pledged anything nor even felt like it before now as I am sure many others haven't, but I just had to pledge for this project.

And its even a lead story on the BBC news website for goodnessake!! This is massive.

I really hope Braben keeps his head screwed on about it though and doesn't get carried away.

BBC? Nice Advertising for the Game, hopefully they'll make it now! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 11:45:09 AM
Nomas wrote:
I never played Elite (i am old but not that old smiley: stickouttongue) but from people i know all have good memories from it. After all i always liked games that give you the freedom to do anything you like.

I only played the later two games not Elite. They were superb, you just dont get games like that anymore ... until now hopefully. Seriously this is one massive massive day in the history of computer gaming. Braben will get loads and loads pledged I can guarantee it. I mean - 10% reached of his goal by midday of the first day!!! I have never pledged anything nor even felt like it before now as I am sure many others haven't, but I just had to pledge for this project.

And its even a lead story on the BBC news website for goodnessake!! This is massive.

I really hope Braben keeps his head screwed on about it though and doesn't get carried away.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 11:38:05 AM
I never played Elite (i am old but not that old smiley: stickouttongue) but from people i know all have good memories from it. After all i always liked games that give you the freedom to do anything you like.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 10:47:25 AM
Mansen wrote:
1.2mil is a bold amount to ask for - wouldn't be surprised if that alone deter a lot of potential customers till the last few days. And as Tredecim mentions, these campaigns usually start out with a big rush from initial publicity, then it drops and rises slightly if it keeps appearing in the media, and then there's a final rush as the timer nears zero - if the goal is near or has been reached.

Well said Mansen, better explained than me smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 10:44:20 AM
1.2mil is a bold amount to ask for - wouldn't be surprised if that alone deter a lot of potential customers till the last few days. And as Tredecim mentions, these campaigns usually start out with a big rush from initial publicity, then it drops and rises slightly if it keeps appearing in the media, and then there's a final rush as the timer nears zero - if the goal is near or has been reached.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 10:37:12 AM
nats wrote:
He needs just over £2000 a day to get to his target and he has so far got just over £90k before 10am on the first day. Looking good!

Yeah, good luck for him, but I could Quote Slowhands now - at the beginning they earn a lot and later then less and less (like the "launch" of ES)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 10:29:59 AM
He needs just over £2000 a day to get to his target and he has so far got just over £90k before 10am on the first day. Looking good!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment