Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

you gotta be KIDDING!!!!

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
May 2, 2016, 7:47:26 PM
I had such high hopes for this great looking game;( All the great reviews.....Then I played it for a few minutes on Mar, 20 26 when I purchased it. All went well. I was busy doing some other non computer stuff and could not get back to it till a few days ago. What a change. When I booted it the first time windows came back with"Polaris Sector has stopped working"
Over the next couple of hours I got to various stages of the menu's At some point I got to the start screen and it told me there was an error in getting the 1786x1168 (I think) and I got back to the start screen after a couple of more the Windows game stopped working notices. When I got to the start screen and then to the first set up screen I knew the auto detect was not working and after M-A-N-Y retries I got the correct resolution and there was windows again with the "game has stopped working".
Slitherene told me to do the above along with reinstall and verify local files which I did. I am out $35 because when I asked for a refund it was declined I assume because more than two weeks had passed. I submitted another request today and explained to them what I am telling you. I do not understand why this game would work fine then after a period of time not work, but I discovered in the discussion group that there are many who share my problem. It would be nice if you could solve this mess. BTW I also tried to boot the game on my BENQ 27" monitor and it did not boot on that either (I use a LG 65" HDMI 4K 3D TV for a monitor.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 3, 2016, 12:30:36 AM
Can't tell if your joking or not, so in case you arent. You mentioned the 4x game "Polaris Sector" and Slitherene their publisher but this is a forum for the 4x game "Endless Space" and their developer Amplitude.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 3, 2016, 11:21:30 AM
LOLWUT???

I'm going to go on Firaxis's website and complain about a game that I had "issues" with, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get Pikachu to become friends with me... Oh yea, Pokemon.... It just doesn't work.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 3, 2016, 11:31:35 AM
So I just moved the thread from "Endless Space" to "Off topic". Madgamer2, if I was wrong and you were indeed complaining about Amplitude Studios and Endless Space, please accept my apologies.

And welcome to the Forum, by the way, especially if you arrived here by mistake! :)
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 3, 2016, 12:20:15 PM
Hey madgamer2,

As SpaceVC said, welcome to the Amplitude forums. Around here we might be space games and strategy enthusiasts, but we can only offer help for the games we create, that is the Endless series (Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless and the upcoming Endless Space 2).

If you're looking for tech support for your game, I would advise heading over to Polaris Sector's tech support forums, where you'll no doubt have a better chance of finding help. :)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment