Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

I'm Diggin This New Site Layout

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Jul 12, 2016, 9:37:17 AM

It feels so much more like the games now. You can look at old votes, and now the leaders boards. This is spiffy, I like it.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 12, 2016, 1:12:36 PM
zarg43 wrote:

It feels so much more like the games now. You can look at old votes, and now the leaders boards. This is spiffy, I like it.

We appreciate ! :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 14, 2016, 8:07:44 AM

I'll bring a grain of salt. New emoticons look bad. They are small, blocky and pixelated, a drastic contrast to new badges.

The previous, EL-styled ones, would look so much better and on par with current design.

WYSIWYG editor is not convenient when it comes to quote editing. It'd be a good option to have a full control over markup.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 14, 2016, 12:04:33 PM

Didn't find a search (for keywords) function. Log out function is not existing. In general it's not as clear, as the old forum.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 14, 2016, 4:40:03 PM

I agree with Sublustris a bit - the new emoticons seem a bit off, I guess the idea of them not matching the new aesthetic is the reason why.

Also, it would be nice to be able to size the font a little bit (for headers, etc).

Also, in the main sections of the forums, what is displayed in the far right column are the newest posts, however there isn't a way to display the newest comments. For example, I go to the main page of the ES2 forums, and sort by "newest" and it arranges the posts, but it still only displays the author and original post date, not who made the mode recent comment in that thread and when. It's a minor gripe, I know, and the site is still in ALPHA, but it's something that I picked up on since the site change. I find it not intuitive to search through the posts.

But other than those minor issues, the site looks great!

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 15, 2016, 10:37:56 AM

electronben wrote:

I agree with Sublustris a bit - the new emoticons seem a bit off, I guess the idea of them not matching the new aesthetic is the reason why.

Also, it would be nice to be able to size the font a little bit (for headers, etc).

We've already planned to change the emoticons, if you have any suggestions feel free to say :)

We're still tweaking the WYSIWYG, we may release some more options later.

electronben wrote:

Also, in the main sections of the forums, what is displayed in the far right column are the newest posts, however there isn't a way to display the newest comments. For example, I go to the main page of the ES2 forums, and sort by "newest" and it arranges the posts, but it still only displays the author and original post date, not who made the mode recent comment in that thread and when. It's a minor gripe, I know, and the site is still in ALPHA, but it's something that I picked up on since the site change. I find it not intuitive to search through the posts.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean, on the main Forums page, you can see on the right side, for each Forum the last Post (from any forum's Thread), with the Author username, the Thread title, and the Post time.

And on the Forum's Thread page, you have the Thread title, with hits Author username, the Thread creation date, and on the right side, the last Post Author username and creation time.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 15, 2016, 5:38:12 PM

Sorry for the confusion - I know I worded it a bit weird.

And re-reading it now, I'm not exactly sure what I meant either!

But, it does bring to light another issue I have:

I had no notification or way to see that you had responded to my questions, aside from actually going to the thread and reading it. Again, a minor gripe, but if I have several comments on various threads (comments mind you, not posts) I would have to go searching the threads to see if people had responded to me. Perhaps you can have some kind of ping notification when someone uses your username in a comment? That way, when someone logs in, they can see if someone had responded to their comments (again not  threads, there are notifications for threads), or if their name was mentioned in another post.

Also, in regards to the WYSIWYG editor - when the editor pops up, it blocks the last comment. I found I had to open the thread in a new window in order to see/respond to the most recent comment. See attached pic:

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 19, 2016, 4:15:31 AM

I'm with everyone else, pretty much. I really like this new site (although I miss the former all the same).
As electroben said, it'd be great to have a notification if someone used your name!
In the previous site, I always had trouble with notifications - I'd sub to a thread but wouldn't get any notification or email. Seems to be the same here.

Although, I've not encountered any consistent issues with the site, so in my experience it's functional! Which is more than I'd expect from an Alpha.
Anything you need us to do, testing or whatnot, don't hesitate to ask.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment