Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

4th faction?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 19, 2016, 9:41:19 PM

I couldn't really figure out which forum this thread should go in so I put it here. In the gamescom twitch stream where Amplitude showed off gameplay of the current build of ES2, I noticed something that may provide insight into major faction number four. When they zoom out to show the trade routes, the leader names of the four factions are shown. And the name of the leader for the as of yet unrevealed faction, is St. Reola. Does this perhaps mean we are getting our religious faction?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 19, 2016, 10:03:42 PM

Maybe. We've had the Sophons (Science), Cravers (Military), Lumeris (Economic) revealed so far. Logic dictates that the next faction is probably a pacifistic/religious one.

We also know that Humans will most likely be a faction if artwork for the game is anything to go by, which leaves just two other factions unrevealed (three with the contest one).

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 21, 2016, 5:13:12 AM

It's sort of unrelated, but one thing i've noticed that no one has mentioned is that in the artwork for the GDD's there are some tall four-armed aliens that show up quite often, maybe they are going to be a faction (at least a minor one)? they don't seem like they'd be the religious type, but considering we'd seen the Lumeris in the Diplomacy GDD way before their announcement these guys may also be a hint of what's to come? at first glance i thought they might be cravers, but that wouldn't make any sense...

Ground Battle GDD Artwork

Diplomacy GDD Artwork

and in the Empire Management GDD Artwork

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 21, 2016, 8:50:01 AM

I'm pretty sure those tall, four-armed aliens are Cravers. The body silhouette matches.

And Slowhands has said in another thread a while ago that Cravers are not a hive-mind the way we usually think about it. Cravers are still individuals.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 21, 2016, 7:41:12 PM
UndeadPuppy wrote:

Maybe. We've had the Sophons (Science), Cravers (Military), Lumeris (Economic) revealed so far. Logic dictates that the next faction is probably a pacifistic/religious one.

Lumeris are pacifists (there are no 'economic' political ideology), so what we left with are Industrialists, Ecologists and Religious. Considering it was stated, that 3rd and 4th factions will be new to Endless universe, I doubt it'll be humans. I'd say Industrialists would be good to complete Early Access faction reel, but the title "Saint" in 4th faction hero's name tells it should be Religious in nature.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 22, 2016, 12:10:19 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I'm pretty sure those tall, four-armed aliens are Cravers. The body silhouette matches.

And Slowhands has said in another thread a while ago that Cravers are not a hive-mind the way we usually think about it. Cravers are still individuals.

Be that as it may he does raise a valid point. There are two seperate images I know of that display the Lumeris, so what other factions could be displayed in the art??

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 22, 2016, 2:09:34 PM

The 4th race has to be one of the aliens shown in previous artwork. Even the Lumeris were in them long before they were revealed as playable.

Although none of them strike me as religious in any way. I could be wrong though, seeing as Pilgrims and Harmony could also fit the religious bill, which in the ES universe is a very loose term to describe basically any race that believes in ascending one's mortal condition.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment