Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Dec 12, 2017, 6:38:57 PM

I guess this is a good time to do this:

ROLL-CALL!

Everyone who's still active please post! Any player who hasn't answered in a week will count as inactive and their characters turned into NPCs so this keeps moving.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 12, 2017, 9:19:37 PM
Alien@System wrote:
AIMMO wrote:

I am actually impressed we hadnt had a scene with a dissagrement because of information beeing lost in translation ...

Actually, there was the scene where Ylona said she has a son and Valorum didn't know the word. Which also led to Ylona snapping at him for calling her "Sister" all the time, because Vaulters have a very different understanding of family compared to Vodyani.

What can I say; I saw an opportunity and jumped. I wanted to flesh out the Vodyani idea of family and decided, to the individual, all the members of the Church are basically family. Vodyani all have to live the same life together, so there's a grim sort of sibling love that blooms between the average Vodyani as they study, spar, pray, and work together. Whether the practice of calling one's comrade's 'sister' and 'brother' is a result of that thought-process or the cause isn't clear, but what ultimately matters is Valorum's concept of family has been restricted to siblings and elders of rank. The idea of offspring is...new.

Oh, and I'm here.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 12, 2017, 11:35:38 PM

I'm here but very busy, hence my sudden silence. Thank you for reminding me; I have left you guys in something of a slump here and that's not cool. I have a lot to do in the next few weekdays but this weekend I should be back on track.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 14, 2017, 1:51:29 AM

Hey, I'm still here! Waiting in the shadows...

It'd be cool to have someone who understands, or at least seeks to understand, all of the aliens. It'd be interesting, but hard to network...

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 2:27:55 PM

Okay, roll-call over. The following characters are retired into NPC roles:

Rolak, played by BlackBird1696 (actually has been retired for a while now)

Alice, played by Mokinokaro

Martin, played by Mithrill

At this point, though it's weird from an in-character perspective, I would put a re-shuffle of the officer roles on the table, so that the brass consists of active people. This would mean bumping Decius up to Security Chief and Zeros to Chief Engineer.

We also have to find a way to get the plot moving. Beatus, if you don't find a chance to post in the next week, please give StormAngel permission to use your character so that the duel, which is what everyone is waiting for, can happen and unfreeze everyone.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 3:15:01 PM

Sounds good , sad that Mokinokaro seems inacte , had some scene idea´s , darkon and i also have some rough idea how to convince the entire group to go out. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 7:48:54 PM

Alrighty, a promotion! Unfortunate it had to happen this way, but I'm glad nonetheless. I have a good idea on how to naturally assume that position too, so the engineering shuffle will be fairly smooth.

@Ptah Looks like I'll need someone to take over in communications, maybe a certain Z'vali ensign  ;).

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 8:31:19 PM

That´s great news :) Ha, this means I have to finish my character sooner than I thought.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 20, 2017, 10:36:44 AM

About Mithrill, he's been offline on Steam for about a month. I wonder what happened to him. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 20, 2017, 6:43:10 PM

Fuck, I had a small heart attack when I saw the role-call... I don't know why you didn't, but thanks for not putting me on the retired list.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 20, 2017, 8:42:26 PM

I guess I saw you in the discord often enough to think you had answered.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 21, 2017, 2:59:15 AM

Well, it's good to know I'm handling two-thirds of the people in the ruins since Rolak's an NPC alongside Chidi now.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 21, 2017, 5:20:51 PM

Just found out you were talking about me...

Well, as far as my silence is considered, two words. Real. Life.

I was busy catching up some schoolwork, writing a story and translating the other one. I have had literally no free moment to even check the forum since... the half of November? Fortunately, most of the things are done and I think I would be able to join you as soon as I finish the rest. Which means that after Christmas I shall be fully operational.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment