Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Looking for games to play? Like Drox Operative or FTL, SPAZ etc

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 6:39:53 AM
Looking for some smallish games to play,

Ideally it would have RPG, trade, fighting, exploration, 2D, Sci-fi (Or Fantasy)

Games like SPAZ, Drox Operative, FTL, Space Rangers 2

I'm running Win7 64bit

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated

I am currently trying EV Nova & Flatspace 2
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 8:38:42 PM
RPG, trade, fighting & exploration? --> Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim smiley: biggrin

2D? pew, no Idea lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 8:52:21 AM
Thanks for the reply,

I found it to hard to hit mob's in Morrowind, Oblivion I played for years, Skyrim never clicked, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout 3, Fallout NV were fun

I've got plenty of First person RPG's, plenty of RTS/TBS/4X games,

More looking for something a bit more casual & less complicated (Need a break from ES, Creeper World [Highlyrecommend] Sins & Galactic Civilizations II)

I prefer sci-fi or post-apocalyptic style, fantasy is good but not as good
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 4:28:33 PM
Not really smallish, but Mass Effect and Dark/Demon's Souls are some of the best RPGs made these past few years.

Note: if you play Dark Souls on the PC, you need a gamepad. It's hell to use mouse+keyboard. There's also GFWL to deal with.

If you like tower defence-style games, there's Defence Grid and Sol Survivor. Got 110 hours logged on Steam on those 2 combined.

I love them, as I've regularly played TD maps in Warcraft III and Starcraft II.

There's also Sanctum, which is mainly a TD game, but you can use weapons (sniper, shotgun, machine gun, etc) during the waves to help kill the mobs. It's quite fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 6:13:29 PM
Really enjoyed ME 1 & 2, Got 3 just after it was released but haven't gotten round to installing it :/

I'm completely hopeless on gamer pads, I can kind of use PS3 controllers (FFXIII & Star Ocean)

TD are alot of fun, Reinstalling Defence Grid now, Sol Survivor, Dungeon Defenders & Sanctum I never got into, Ive played many hours on Gemcraft & Creeper world 1 & 2

I'm more looking for games like SPAZ, but thanks for the suggestions
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 8:22:37 PM
Daniel.Drache wrote:
Really enjoyed ME 1 & 2, Got 3 just after it was released but haven't gotten round to installing it :/

If you want to experience how it "ends", I suggest you install it.

It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but in my opinion, the quality has dropped severely from ME1 to ME2 and finally another drop to ME3 (less RPG, more pewpew).

I'm completely hopeless on gamer pads, I can kind of use PS3 controllers (FFXIII & Star Ocean)

Then the Souls series might be a bit tough, it requires precise moves, and the games will punish you if you are even a tad slow or off-balance.

Can use a PS3 controller on the PC just fine, connect it to the pc via usb, install Motioninjoy and emulate a 360 controller. Only bad thing is that you see the 360 buttons on the screen as opposed to the PS3 ones.

I tried Dungeon Defenders as well, but I couldn't get into it. Don't know why, as I'm enjoying Sanctum.

If you got a console, you could try the newer Final Fantasies, XIII and XIII-2. They're both enjoyable, and unless you're going after all the trophies/achievements, they don't take very long.

I went through the story of XIII in 40-50 hours or so, XIII-2 was about 30. This was without any guides, just playing at my own pace, figuring stuff out myself.

For the platinum of XIII-2 I spent 75ish hours, and I looked up the collection trophies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 8:26:31 PM
Ahielia wrote:
Then the Souls series might be a bit tough, it requires precise moves, and the games will punish you if you are even a tad slow or off-balance.

Can use a PS3 controller on the PC just fine, connect it to the pc via usb, install Motioninjoy and emulate a 360 controller. Only bad thing is that you see the 360 buttons on the screen as opposed to the PS3 ones.

Well, I bought myself an controller for PC, 30€, and can play Dark Souls Prepare To Die smoothly with it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 11:08:31 PM
The quality of the controllers seem to wildly vary.

A mate of mine bought a standard controller for use on his pc, and one of the triggers started acting up after just a few weeks of use.

Many others report their controllers broke in some way (with normal usage), one even went through 17 or so controllers in a few years.

I prefer the "console" controllers, they last much longer, apparently.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 5:42:41 PM
I'm not familiar with many recent 2D RPGs. But you said you enjoyed the newer Fallout's, have you tried Fallout 1 or 2? Both good games.

You could also look into getting a console emulator for your PC so you can play NES, SNES, N64, PSX, DS games.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment