Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Would Amplitude (and SEGA) ever consider buying the rights to Heroes of Might and Magic?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Jan 16, 2017, 3:38:52 PM

Hello,

I have been playing HOMM since the 90's and recently brought a copy of HOMM VII which although is a good game does not seemed to have moved on much in its core design since the days of HOMM3 and in some features has actually regressed from earlier editions. The current owners seemed to have kept the game in stasis producing releases with better graphics but nothing really new in the mechanics or content of the game.

So being also a huge Endless Space fan and loving what you are doing with ES2 I was wondering that if the opportunity arose whether Amplitude would consider carrying out CPR on the HOMM franchise given your previous fantasy outing with Endless Legend?

I could really see a lot of the more sophisticated mechanics working well with HOMM, especially the diplomacy, random events and side quests you have in the ES2 game. 

Cheers,

Laz3456

PS: I am fully aware this is blue sky thinking but really think you guys could not just bring this game back to life but build on what is a really good (if old) foundation.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 16, 2017, 11:19:49 PM

I really like this "blue sky thinking". Same wish here. But even if Amplitude would like to develop Heroes VIII (and they would do much better, than Limbic Entertainment, easily), "Ubilol" would have to sell the rights first... So I watch on the blues skys, knowing it's not only me dreaming of  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2017, 8:54:44 AM

Hello Groo,

Yeh, I know it is pretty far-fetched at the moment but with the mess that was H7 release and the early ending of support for the game after only a year it does seem 'those that shall not be named beginning in U' may have had their fill of the franchise and after all if dreams are never spoken then they are never likely to become a reality! ;-)

Cheers,

Laz3456

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 21, 2017, 8:35:26 PM

Same wish but...

U' may have had their fill of the franchise

I doubt it. With the latest title they have proven that they can put barely any work into a Homm game and they'll still get a nice, fat paycheck because, let's face it, we're kinda desperate for a good+new HoMM game. I kinda want to defend Ubi since they made HoMM 5 possible (which is my favourite) but HoMM 6 was a buggy mess in multiplayer and lacked in features and HoMM 7... well, yeah, no need to discuss that.

Besides, even if Ubi doesn't want to make more HoMM games, I'd imagine they still wouldn't sell the rights to it because they don't want to give their competition an opportunity to earn money. Unless someone offers a really nice sum but I don't know who would do that. Definitely not Amplitude though, they have their own franchise and likely won't want to risk money on somebody else's.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment