Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cat stuff hehe (following another discussion)

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Mar 7, 2017, 12:32:39 PM
Kweel_Nakashyn wrote:

Wisdom, err... Well, for her, coaxing time = biting time.

In fact, she likes coaxing but then your hand is looking too much like a bird or something, so biting time.

Then you remove your hand and she asks coaxing again.

She likes "Press your luck" game mecanisms, I guess. :D

Hehe. That little cat is going to play cravers for sure.

More seriously  She just needs to play i think. When she does that, I humbly suggest to you to grab a potential toy for her and play with her. If you dont already know this you will be surprised : cats are demanding game with a very special gameplay. You have to shake a improvised or not little toy (mouse sized) that is not your hands, to draw her intention : classic. You have to let her catch the toy 1/3 attemps she does. Then you have to change the catch/attempts ratio every new "match" (1/2, 1/3 again/1/4, etc.). In you dont, the cat will be frustrated because she loose too much, or will be bored because she wins too much > <, or because win/loose patern is too obvious. Also, when she catch the toy, don't moove it (this is how cat's preys react when they are captured) let her bite and scratch and hug the toy as much as she wants. This is how cats enjoy victory ! And this is globaly how you can rub away stress or simple play need from your cat, and prevent her to bite you ! I also noticed, create a new toy is sometime important. Cats wants new challenge > <. 

This is very easy to create some with twine and random stuff like paper, aluminium, corks, etc. It just need to be the good size, and I heavily suggest you to use it with a twine, and not directly with your hands. The time needed each play session is depending of your cat (some of them never want to stop to play, some other are fine with 30s match if they catched the toy). Young cats need at least 10 mn game sessions to learn how to manage their emotions. Also, young cats need at least 2 sessions each day, adult needs are depending of the cat personality. Some adult cats simply dont need to play.

One of my cats did have this problem a lot ! He was a lost kitten we found in our garden. We didnt found his previous owners but they was obviously awfull. He was under-nourished, extremly afraid of very special things (sandals, sudden movements, loneliness), very probably retired to his mother too young, like way too much. He was unable to control his emotions, and he bit extremly hard when we petted him. To help him to control himself and erase his incredible stress, i played like him how i told you in the previous part during month, 20 or 30 mn each days (10-15 mn play sessions). That worked very well. Now he never bite, he is very sweet and peacefull. He was a young boy when I was used to play with him. I don't think an adult and beloved cat needs to play as much as he needed. I am maybe wrong, but I think your little cat needs a little bit of action before coaxing time !

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 7, 2017, 5:08:02 PM

I like cats, I like cats better than dogs. 

Especially pugs. In my opinion, pugs are ugly and weird.

But ssshh there's some kind of Pug Cult going on around here

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 7, 2017, 6:43:42 PM

@SuperMarioWorld: In fact, it's not really my cat, it's "the cat" that is hunting all day in the neighbourhood.

She's a big lady (she had an operation a month ago and those operations transforms cats). Before that, any attempt to touch her was a bite :)

If it was not for this operation, I though it was a feral cat because of the size of her tail and the fact she's always outdoor even at night this winter.

She don't mind being in somebody's arm though.

She's mainly a hunter cat, that's why she may have difficulties with coaxing. She brang me meese two times so I guess she likes me :)

I can't say if I likes cats or dogs the more. I'm living 40km south of Paris, there's a lot of animals here (even horses :) ). Dogs are funny while cats are always like "PRAISE ME, SLAVE" : any cat loves Cravers to me !

@WeaponizedCafeine: so we can't really say here you're the one that inspired @Aurel for the catapug/pugtapult, right ? 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 8, 2017, 9:29:29 PM

@WeaponizedCaffeine Haha ! The fact pugs are so ugly and so cute at the same time is such a deep mistery. I dont like dogs so much, but i love pugs. Also I venerate cats as all normal living form.

@Kweel_Nakashyn Oh ok ! Thats cool your lady as a feral car found frienship and patience with you. They are not always so lucky. I had a serious feral cat problem 2 years ago. A big grey cat with bad temperament was around my house. He attacked my cats, stolen stuff even when we fed him, bited some people. Damn. I used water-in-the-face diplomacy. Now i wee him sometime, but he stays far of me and my house.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 11, 2017, 2:03:12 PM
WeaponizedCaffeine wrote:

I like cats, I like cats better than dogs. 

Especially pugs. In my opinion, pugs are ugly and weird.

But ssshh there's some kind of Pug Cult going on around here

I take offense to that

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment