Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Whats the best Strategy game on Steam? (BESIDES Endless Space)

Age Of Empires
Anomaly
Arma
Civilization
Company of Heroes
Fallen Enchantress
Legend Of Pegasus
Leviathan Warships
March Of The Eagles
Prison Architect
Sim City
Sins of A solar Empire
Stardrive
Wargame
XCOM
Anno 2070
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 8:11:26 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Mmm.... depends if XCOM is the weird new one, or Apocalypse

and sim city isn't really a strategy game... more a.. simulation as its name suggests. Anno is..n't really a strategy either XD not enough combat aspects

I find it funny that you have LoP and Arma on there, especially since the patched SoTS2 is better than LoP (imo at least) and arma... is a war simulation game ;P

You guys can look up all these games. You will find that they are listed under strategy games. And Arma really can be considered a strategy game, under the right conditions.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot Total War. That is one of the best.

@ Mansen So what if I mix strategy games? Im not hurting anyone. lol

@ Sov Legends of pegasus was supposed to have a lolololololol next to it. I guess the poll edited that out.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 1:11:19 PM
how you Even Dare to mention Legends of Pegasus!

It was the Greatest fail and cheat in Game history.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 1:03:04 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

Grand strategy: I have no idea

Europa Universalis perhaps?

Omnidimension wrote:
Well if you are in the mood for a great RTS i would suggest Company of Heroes and the bright side of Sega buying it from THQ means that the multiplayer servers (which are great btw) will still be up for a long time to come.

Or it's cousin, Dawn of War.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 10:16:47 AM
Well if you are in the mood for a great RTS i would suggest Company of Heroes and the bright side of Sega buying it from THQ means that the multiplayer servers (which are great btw) will still be up for a long time to come.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 8:33:51 AM
Mmm.... depends if XCOM is the weird new one, or Apocalypse

and sim city isn't really a strategy game... more a.. simulation as its name suggests. Anno is..n't really a strategy either XD not enough combat aspects

I find it funny that you have LoP and Arma on there, especially since the patched SoTS2 is better than LoP (imo at least) and arma... is a war simulation game ;P
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 3:19:14 AM
4X: Civ/Fallen Entantress

RTS: Sins of A solar Empire

TBS: XCOM (Only on on the list, but it is kinda buggy and annoying with the whole (Can shoot through some walls, but not in that exact position) kinda way.

Grand strategy: I have no idea

City builders: Sim City classic clone
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
Too many genres here for me to even bother - You're mixing X4 games with RTS, TBS, Grand Strategy and City Builders.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 4:29:47 PM
This is partially for my benefit, to see what strategy games I should try, but its also for all of you to see and to vote. So, what is the best Strategy game on steam? BESIDES Endless Space.

If you don't see it on the poll, please post it! (I only listed 16 of the most popular)

These reffer to franchises. I.O. Civilization means the whole series, not the original.

Why not
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 7:17:59 PM
Hm... From a technical standpoint I'd probably vote for stuff like AoE (amazing game that stole enormous quantities of time from me) or maybe Supreme Commander or Total War Medieval II.

But in all honesty? My favorite strategy game on steam (besides ES ofc) is C&C3. The nostalgia... it's insane. I hate EA for not supporting it after C&C3:KW's release because I absolutely adore this game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 10:31:44 AM
I'd like to second total war, Tho when you don't get shogun or Napoleon at a discount I would highly recommend trying a mod for M2TW or Rome, most are just sooooo much better than the original.

My personal list also suggests: Galactic Civilizations, Gratuitous space battles, RUSE and Dawn of war. Also keep in mind that the Star wars collection in on sale until monday, tho I think only Empire at was is a strategy game.

I tried Anomaly(1), It's quite pleasant, well made but in the end just a casual game in the suit of a great game. I have not tried 2 but I don't think I will unless it throws itself at me.

And If you're into Grand strategy games, like March of the eagles, I' always suggest checking out Paradox' steam page.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 6:52:40 AM
I hardly consider the Arma-franchise to be a strategy game, considering its a first person simulator at its core.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 7:37:02 PM
I do not have played all of them, but it seems that XCOM lacks some ingredients to be great in strategy. Although I did take a great time playing it...

Civilization is my Favorite one, since I was a kid, and I think that it is indeed the best strategy game !

Edit : Crusader kings is missing to this poll, it has ways more strategy to choose than the others, imo
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 6:33:04 PM
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is a stand-alone CivIV game and was pretty fun to play.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 4:35:55 PM
Supreme commander is a nice game.

and the anno series is good too.

(tip; try to make the poll multiple choice, that's better)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment