Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Train explosion in my city.

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 3:20:25 PM
vikashshinge wrote:
Really a bad accident, hope everyone got safe out of it. I came across such news on EPC world News, such problems are taking place due to miss management in transport and logistic system.
Well; the effects will only reveal themselves after 10 or more years. Everyone had to take Blood and urine samples that will be frozen to be used as possible evidence in case you get a form of cancer related to the accident. (so that the transport company has to pay for you treatment.)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 6:26:59 PM
Jesus - that sounds bad. Still I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry in case something shows up down the line.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 7:30:09 PM
Mansen wrote:
Jesus - that sounds bad. Still I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry in case something shows up down the line.
I'm happy these measures are taken; But I don't think I will need them. I've only suffered from mild headaches and a bit dizziness so I expect the long therm effects to be little.Ofcourse; those that lived right next door to the crash site.. - who can tell for sure..
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 10:20:24 PM
adder wrote:
I'm happy these measures are taken; But I don't think I will need them. I've only suffered from mild headaches and a bit dizziness so I expect the long therm effects to be little.Ofcourse; those that lived right next door to the crash site.. - who can tell for sure..

We hope not. Just take care of yourself, you hear???
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 10:51:12 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
We hope not. Just take care of yourself, you hear???

Yeah adder, eat your vegetables! smiley: stickouttongue

Nah, good thingy they already think this far 'bout cancer later, etc.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 16, 2013, 10:35:31 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Yeah adder, eat your vegetables! smiley: stickouttongue

Unless said vegetables got sprayed by the chems too smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 16, 2013, 11:47:19 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Unless said vegetables got sprayed by the chems too smiley: stickouttongue

My nan swears that she's allergic to tomatoes because she ate some that had been sprayed with insecticides. Just a random tail I felt I should tell.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 2:47:38 PM
Mansen wrote:
Jesus - Thank god it derailed so far out of town after all. oO'

Indeed very lucky!

Nightmare90 wrote:
Hopefully he is still okay. :l

I'm alive, no worries smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 2:16:21 PM
Woah, I read it in the news but I never thought it might be close to you smiley: ohh

Stay safe!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 3:14:33 PM
thanks all for your sympathies!

Till now 2 people are reported dead and 14 wounded because the water used to put out the fire has drained into the sewers and, therefor, reacted with the water from the sewers. this created toxic air that spreads around my city and neighbor cities. The substance is reported to irritate the skin and can lead to dead when inhaled in large quantities.

news update: http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland/article/detail/1626693/2013/05/04/Twee-doden-en-14-gewonden-na-treinongeval-Wetteren.dhtml

pics:

among the dead and wounded where people who ignored the order to stay inside and close doors and windows.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 4:32:02 PM
The train was switching tracks when some of the railcars derailed; cause remains unknown.

the little circle shows the crash site, where 3 tracks merge into 2 tracks:

we are extremely lucky that the train didn't derail ~900 meters further as that would be at the center of the city
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 5:49:22 PM
Whoah, that is really close. So I am guessing you live somewhere by the outside of the bigger circle. Well, stay safe.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 4, 2013, 5:52:41 PM
when you have the big circle cross the railroads, go down and see the first road that intersects with the circle, my house is 2 houses away to the right (=closer to the accident).

Well, stay safe.
thanks!, definitely.

edit: I updated the pic, (green cross is the actual place where there's fire (the train kept moving after it derailed - red circle is where it derailed.)) blue dot is my house.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment