Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Star Trek into Darkness - Did you like it or not?

YES I thought it was a good movie
I'm not sure whether I like it or not
NO I didn't like it
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 2:57:57 PM
hi guys,

Coming back round to the topic originally started by HumanSpacer HERE, I thought I'd add a poll and ask what people - now having watched the movie - actually though of it.

I have to say that I've been into star trek for many many years now and, when the last ST frilm came out which featured the new alternative universe crew etc I was appalled, but in the meantime I've come round to thinking that actually JJ abrams really did a good job of it.

One must not forget, after all, that times change and just like with batman and all the other things out there, different styles for different times just isn't a bad thing IMHO. I've sort of just accepted that it had been newly invented and now I actually quite like it; one just has to inwardly distance oneself of all the previous stuff I find...smiley: smile

And, in short, I really liked the new film Into Darkness, since it had a good plot, a good villain and, IMO, a good story etc and the characters are likable.

But anyways, what do you guys think? Please also comment as on why / why not!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 3:03:20 PM
Well it was not bad...but only thanks to the great acting of Benedict Cumberbatch. Imo HE was the Movie...the rest can be dumped.

The Story for itself was a mixture and conglomeration of the Scenes and Storys from Star Trek II + Startrek III + Star Trek IX + Star Trek X.

There was nothing...not a single story line or Battlescene in anyway new.

End the Ending -.- it isent a new Story just when you change the characters. -.-

PS: Effects are good...first time i realy got the feeling something is realy in 3D...one word "Arrow"...but sadly sooooo maaannnyy LENS FLARES...-.-

ALL in ALL iam happy that this is all happening in an alternativ timeline and NOTHING of it is CANON^^

god may help us if J.J Abrahams will try to combine all the Starwars Movies for Part 7....how boring.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 5:12:02 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Well it was not bad...but only thanks to the great acting of Benedict Cumberbatch. Imo HE was the Movie...the rest can be dumped.

Indeed, he was pretty good. I liked both the deep booming voice he used as well as all the little bits and pieces he poured into his acting, such as the rigid "healthy" posture whilst stting and standing for example, it all neatly captured how a superman would behave (I suppose). Not just Uberman but also Uberhealthy! haha

Sovereign wrote:
The Story for itself was a mixture and conglomeration of the Scenes and Storys from Star Trek II + Startrek III + Star Trek IX + Star Trek X.

There was nothing...not a single story line or Battlescene in anyway new.

End the Ending -.- it isent a new Story just when you change the characters. -.-

ALL in ALL iam happy that this is all happening in an alternativ timeline and NOTHING of it is CANON^^

That's sort of to be expected though I'd imagine. Throughout the previous star trek films plus the series we've pretty much seen it all, so it's difficult to come up with something entirely new but nevertheless have it be recognizable as the star trek universe, don't you think?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 12:58:01 PM
I just watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. Not having ever really gotten into the original Star Trek myself I knew nothing about the universe apart from that Klingons are bad, so therefore felt I was able to enjoy it without comparison which I think made it better for me than you lot.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 1:51:53 PM
Haven't seen it yet so I'll just scroll past the entire thread for now and leave this lol

(I'll go watch it soon though - The first one was enjoyable as a first time trekkie. Was never exposed to Star Trek growing up. It was all about A-Team, MacGyver and the Power Rangers - All dubbed over in German because our aerial picked up the german channels, and our own ones didn't have any of the commercial level shows)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 2:51:30 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
I just watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. Not having ever really gotten into the original Star Trek myself I knew nothing about the universe apart from that Klingons are bad, so therefore felt I was able to enjoy it without comparison which I think made it better for me than you lot.

Klingons + Birds=Hissho
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 3:44:14 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Klingons + Birds=Hissho

There is indeed a connection between Klingons and birds, such as the vessel type Bird of Prey. So if the Klingons are the ST equivalent of the Hissho in ES, then the Pilgrims are the Federation, and the Sowers the Borg? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 11:50:33 PM
Klingons + Birds=Hissho
Klingons birds and Samurai smiley: biggrin
Borg
OR the Cravers^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 11, 2013, 4:41:53 AM
Ca_Putt wrote:
Klingons birds and Samurai smiley: biggrin

plus Aztecs

Sowers are more like V-Ger^^^

United Empire/Sheredyn = Terran Empire(Mirror Universe) or Romulan Star Empire

Pilgrims = United Federation of Planets

Horatio = The Dominion or its Vorta officers to be more exactly cause they are immortal due their cloning

Harmony = Tholian/ Horta / Silver Blood lifeform

Sophons = maybe Vulcan + Andorian combination.

Automatons = even more like V-Ger

Craver = Borg (well they are Cyborgs too that was it)

Amoeba = The Caretaker(s)
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 2, 2013, 5:42:14 AM
Sovereign wrote:
plus Aztecs

Sowers are more like V-Ger^^^

United Empire/Sheredyn = Terran Empire(Mirror Universe) or Romulan Star Empire

Pilgrims = United Federation of Planets

Horatio = The Dominion or its Vorta officers to be more exactly cause they are immortal due their cloning

Harmony = Tholian/ Horta / Silver Blood lifeform

Sophons = maybe Vulcan + Andorian combination.

Automatons = even more like V-Ger

Craver = Borg (well they are Cyborgs too that was it)

Amoeba = The Caretaker(s)

I agree with your comparisons. but who are the "Silver Blood lifeform?" I know all the others, but not them. Thanks in advance
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 3, 2013, 8:53:00 PM
Ok, so I did kinda like the movie. It had a nice plot and the actors played really well imo (that the best thing about this movie tbh). But I'm the kind of guy who needs his share of pew pew. When I saw two federation ships facing off I was like "Yes. Yes! YES!" I thought I'm about to witness an amazing space battle. But this "battle" lasted for about few seconds. That was very anticlimactic for me :/

I like it when Enterprise struggles against a powerful adversary but NOT when it's completely one-sided! The best example of an Enterprise battle done well would be the fight against Scimitar in Star Trek Nemesis. Now THAT was what I like to see. A valiant battle against near-impossible odds.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 4, 2013, 8:31:18 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
Ok, so I did kinda like the movie. It had a nice plot and the actors played really well imo (that the best thing about this movie tbh). But I'm the kind of guy who needs his share of pew pew. When I saw two federation ships facing off I was like "Yes. Yes! YES!" I thought I'm about to witness an amazing space battle. But this "battle" lasted for about few seconds. That was very anticlimactic for me :/

I like it when Enterprise struggles against a powerful adversary but NOT when it's completely one-sided! The best example of an Enterprise battle done well would be the fight against Scimitar in Star Trek Nemesis. Now THAT was what I like to see. A valiant battle against near-impossible odds.

Yeah no I sort of get where you're coming from smiley: smile However, one of my big issue with nemesis was that the mere idea of building such a large ship is utterly dumb already because it defies the basic rule of never putting all your eggs in one basket. Even if the super weapon required a somewhat bigger ship you still wouldn't go for a single HUGE ship, because that's just way too dodgy....
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment