Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Registry Cleaner

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 8:11:13 PM
Hey all.

I've got AVG for my Anti-Virus and ZoneAlarm for my Firewall, but I don't have something to keep the registry in order. What would you all recommend?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 8:15:18 AM
CCleaner maybe? Deletes all the unnecessary stuff and keeps the registry fresh too smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 9:37:48 AM
Honestly, you don't want to go poking around in the registry. Not even with cleaners.

The performance boost is so negligible that it isn't worth the risk of having parts of the system break. You'll be much better off with re-installing Windows every 3-6 months instead. Also a great way to do some much needed spring cleaning.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 9:49:59 PM
Mansen wrote:
You'll be much better off with re-installing Windows every 3-6 months instead. Also a great way to do some much needed spring cleaning.

Please tell me you are kidding oO'
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 14, 2013, 9:51:19 AM
Not in the slightest - We're talking a two hour downtime over a period of six months here. Are you really that addicted that you cannot let go of the peripherals for a mere couple of hours? lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 11:13:36 PM
Mansen wrote:
Not in the slightest - We're talking a two hour downtime over a period of six months here. Are you really that addicted that you cannot let go of the peripherals for a mere couple of hours? lol

I just don''t wanna to re-download and re-install all my games and software (I'm just talking 'bout private use gaming pc; as clean as possible ofc) smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 6:08:23 PM
Most games can handle a reinstallation of Windows these days - Only a few select games on my computer break when I re-install Windows (I don't format, I just install a new copy of Windows on top of the other - the old system is moved and any of my own data is kept) smiley: biggrin

(Steam games being one of them)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 17, 2013, 8:24:53 PM
Mansen wrote:
Most games can handle a reinstallation of Windows these days - Only a few select games on my computer break when I re-install Windows (I don't format, I just install a new copy of Windows on top of the other - the old system is moved and any of my own data is kept) smiley: biggrin

Oh, well, I thought you were talking of format + re-install smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 19, 2013, 8:27:35 AM
Mansen wrote:
Honestly, you don't want to go poking around in the registry. Not even with cleaners.

The performance boost is so negligible that it isn't worth the risk of having parts of the system break. You'll be much better off with re-installing Windows every 3-6 months instead. Also a great way to do some much needed spring cleaning.

Crazy talk!

That said, if you make a decent image of your pc with acronis or similar software, a reinstall takes less than 10 minutes. After that it's updating a few drivers - making a new image so you're not starting from the same point next time and done.

I'm just too lazy for that.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 19, 2013, 8:37:13 AM
EvilTactician wrote:
Crazy talk!

That said, if you make a decent image of your pc with acronis or similar software, a reinstall takes less than 10 minutes. After that it's updating a few drivers - making a new image so you're not starting from the same point next time and done.

I'm just too lazy for that.
Your solution is basically identical. Since you will be taking an image of a clean install - as there's no point in making one from a used (even 1 month is to old) install. You spare yourself the trouble by just placing your windows install disk in your pc. That said; your approach is ideal for people who buy a pc from a manufacturer like HP or Dell or ... As they are often not provided with an install disk.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 22, 2013, 2:55:36 PM
Mansen wrote:

For me, Steam games are like 80 of them. And I don't have a reliable enough connection to facilitate re-installing a ballpark of 200GB of games XD
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment