Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Video Game Major

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Sep 13, 2017, 4:31:52 AM

Hey Amplitude!  I am a college student in the United States studying Video Game development.  I would like to ask the team a few questions.

1.  What is it like in the industry?  Is your average day pretty stressful or chill?

2. If I wanted to get a job or an internship in the video game industry, are there any tips or advice that you guys could give me?

Honestly, in a perfect dream world, if I could work or intern at any studio/company I would want to work at Blizzard or Amplitude.  Your games look amazing, sound amazing, and have ASTOUNDING lore!  But I digress.

3.  Did you guys enter the job market knowing that you wanted to make video games, or did you just happen upon it by accident?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 14, 2020, 7:18:40 AM

Hello guys,

Has anyone here received a degree in video game development online? Is it easy to find an internship after distance learning courses (cause I do my homework for me for my final task) or a certificate? I'm trying to find the best variant while I'm having still half of the summer ahead. Video Game Design and Development Certificate at Kennesaw State University perhaps?

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 3, 2020, 4:16:05 PM

I'm going to make some assumptions about your situation, so think critically about what I'm writing and how it really would apply to your own situation.

That said a college degree can be really helpful for Game Development, and it's good that you're looking ahead to the future.

Did you know that most of the principals of good industrial and graphic design can be applied to Games as well? I strongly suggest getting a traditional design degree (Such as Visual Communication Design) over a game design degree, as it teaches you strong skills in Design as well as Artistic Skills, both of which are invaluable in not only game creation, but other fields as well.

Tutuapp  9apps Showbox

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment