Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Stardock buys the rights to Star Control

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 9:54:00 PM
I am of mixed feelings about this. I like Stardock, but the fiasco that is/was E:WoM and E:FE and whatnot is making me a little hesitant. They kinda dropped the ball with Demigod.

I am trying to imagine what Star Control will look like, and I just can't see it.

What do you think?

I'd much rather if they got the licensing to Masters of Orion instead.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 2:16:53 AM
Yea... don't know what to really expect from it tbh, never heard of Star Control. Honestly I think that license to Masters of Orion would be a horrible idea. They'll make a game, probably original (because of the huge fuss over MOO3), lots of die hard fans of MOO will get mad that their ideas, huge fuss will happen, etc, etc.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 2:04:01 PM
Wow, I feel old all of a sudden. SC and MOO were two games I grew up on. SC was basically RTS but ship on ship combat vs. fleet on fleet. SC2 was more of a 4xRTS. SC3 was a disaster, not unlike some of the current re-imagening of classic games.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 8:37:35 AM
I don't know what Stardock has been doing with its gaming division, but from following the development progression and youtube demos of E:WoM and E:FE and then being quite disappointed with the final product, I can't help but think they're catching "EA-itis." smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:06:14 AM
flipstar wrote:
I don't know what Stardock has been doing with its gaming division, but from following the development progression and youtube demos of E:WoM and E:FE and then being quite disappointed with the final product, I can't help but think they're catching "EA-itis." smiley: frown

E:WoM/E:FE etc has been a work in progress for years. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt, but if the final product isn't absolutely amazing, oh well.

Sins of a Solar Empire is not my cup of tea either.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 11, 2013, 10:40:46 PM
Nasarog wrote:
E:WoM/E:FE etc has been a work in progress for years. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt, but if the final product isn't absolutely amazing, oh well.

Sins of a Solar Empire is not my cup of tea either.

SoaSE is quite nice - I somehow like it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 8:37:50 PM
Huge fan of Star Control 2 here, grew up with it, still play it once in a few years.

Despite this, I do not get my hopes high. I've been disappointed with old game ressurections too many times...

But anyway, thanks for the tip, I'm going to follow its development.

Edit:

No hope... only doubt...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment