Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sword of the Stars Board Game!

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jan 30, 2018, 8:08:48 PM

Hopefully you guys remember the original Sword of the Stars 4x. IMO one of the best of its time and even today (with some mods).

Kerberos Productions, the original creators of the Sword of the Stars (and also the folks behind several of the Homeworld games including Homeworld Cataclysm) are kickstarting a boardgame based on their hit roguelike PC game Sword of the Stars: The Pit

The success of this kickstarter will not only help complete the boardgame, but will also pave the way for the studio to produce a Sword of the Stars HD Remaster and more games in the SOTS 4x universe!

Kickstarter Page!

Check it out and support the campaign if you like great boardgames and Sword fo the Stars 4x games!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 1, 2018, 9:35:08 PM

I really liked Kerb's original work (Sots1), but everything they did since have been terrible IMO. They lost me after the train wreak that was Sots2, a game they just gave up fixing...

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 4, 2018, 4:10:43 PM
Foraven wrote:

I really liked Kerb's original work (Sots1), but everything they did since have been terrible IMO. They lost me after the train wreak that was Sots2, a game they just gave up fixing...

That was a publisher fault from start to finish and Paradox actually admitted it themselves in an interview with Angry Joe. 

Kerberos didn't give up fixing the game, they were made to stop by the publisher for legal reasons. There is a reason they will no longer work with a publisher.

And I'm not sure how everthing they did since then was terrible. The Pit is a great roguelike, Kaiju-a-gogo is a fun little strategy game. Neither of which got terrible reviews. SotS 2 was 5 years ago. Might be time to let the bitterness go.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 14, 2018, 1:46:22 AM
Slashman wrote:
Foraven wrote:

That was a publisher fault from start to finish and Paradox actually admitted it themselves in an interview with Angry Joe. 

Kerberos didn't give up fixing the game, they were made to stop by the publisher for legal reasons. There is a reason they will no longer work with a publisher.

And I'm not sure how everthing they did since then was terrible. The Pit is a great roguelike, Kaiju-a-gogo is a fun little strategy game. Neither of which got terrible reviews. SotS 2 was 5 years ago. Might be time to let the bitterness go.

Alright, I didn't know about the publisher issues they had, so i stand corrected. The games they made afterward are terrible from my point of view, didn't mean nobody likes them. I just could not find anything they made since to be as fun as their original game. Yes I did try The Pit, but I didn't like how harsh that game was (ie die too much for all kind of reasons you have no control over).

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 11, 2018, 12:03:06 PM

If anyone is interested, The Pit boardgame is now getting a new kickstarter and the standard game box is cheaper for the first week!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kerberosproductions/the-pit-the-board-game-0/description

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 5:10:24 AM

Well, that's interesting. Never played SotS 4x but really enjoyed The Pit.

I'm adapting my own boardgame for Endless Space 2 lore and design right now. Maybe someone would be interested. Here it is

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment