Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Any C# Coder's out there? + What I did so far.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 11:49:44 AM
I'm just curious - is there anybody with knowledge of C# out there? Be it male, female, student, teacher, programmer or any else?

Student here! smiley: stickouttongue

And if anybody is interested: I'm currently optimizing my small Application which changes the Wallpaper according to the Internetaccess. (I got such nice "Offline" & "Online" Wallpapers from Wallbase.cc and wanted to put them in good use.)

Ofc the source is partially by snippets from stackoverflow, but I put them together, debugged it, got it running - and I am, currently, as stated above, optimizing it.

Btw: Other useful things I did:

> a simple Fibonacci Calculator, calculating XX digits of Fibonacci-Numbers

> an Interface for SQL-Databases, allowing reading, filtering/sorting and changing the entries of the (local) Database (features different Users and their Permissions, etc)

> an Overheating-Protection, it's plain, but works and isn't the way the Pros do it, I think (Note: Needs Core Temp for proper functionality)

> the (unfinished but working) Wallpaper-Application stated above

> and some smaller other Projects, most of them not useful, aside Demonstration. smiley: wink

Interested? Want Source? Got Ideas/Suggestions? Want to discuss? Post below! smiley: smile

Cheers Tred.

Ps: I'm sorry for typo in Threadtitle - maybe a Mod could fix it? smiley: redface
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 12:24:27 PM
I started learning C# about 2 years ago now, I have yet to get any further. I have such a small amount of motivation atm. I'll start again when I get to Uni as it will help my course a lot.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 12:49:16 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
I started learning C# about 2 years ago now, I have yet to get any further. I have such a small amount of motivation atm. I'll start again when I get to Uni as it will help my course a lot.

Hooray, a fellow mind lol

Yes, motivation is a .. problem. Last thing I did was the Interface for the DB and that was 3 months ago. But from time to time I'll try to make something from the ideas I got in my mind - e.g. the Wallpaper-Changer now. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 3:04:27 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
I have dabbled in the arts of C#, but I like to learn and use Python and Perl more than C#.

I tried Python - and then it gave me a Headache lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 6:15:39 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I tried Python - and then it gave me a Headache lol

Yeah it took me a while to get over the fact that in Python you are typing code as though you are talking to the computer, with proper syntax, indentations, and even some in-formal words lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 7:02:49 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Yeah it took me a while to get over the fact that in Python you are typing code as though you are talking to the computer, with proper syntax, indentations, and even some in-formal words lol

Maybe I'll give it another try, when I get the time... smiley: confused
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Well, I'm mostly doing C++ and then sometimes using python scripts to run C++ modules with different input parameters, since that is a lot easier to handle with python, as is string manipulation.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 25, 2013, 10:53:42 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Well, I'm mostly doing C++ and then sometimes using python scripts to run C++ modules with different input parameters, since that is a lot easier to handle with python, as is string manipulation.

Yeah, C# is quite a pain at these tasks, but it was "do-able" - needed a lot of it @ the DB-Interface.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 7, 2013, 11:56:30 AM
I am trying to remember what language we teacher here where I work. (I do not teach them). I know we use VB, Python, Scratch (introduction to programming) and I think we did Java and one of the C languages. Recently I had to install app inventor which allows you to make apps for Android Phones.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment