Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ground Pounders Kickstarter

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Sep 9, 2013, 8:59:39 AM
Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders is a hex-based, turn-based strategy war game set in the Sword of the Stars science fiction universe. Players will command the tanks, air craft and infantry assets of three different playable factions, fighting battles and campaigns from the Hiver War era, 2408-2436.

Inspired by classic strategy games like Panzer General, our ultimate goal is to create a title which can be played on multiple platforms, and is enjoyable in both single-player and multi-player modes.

Kickstarter campaign

Seeing is believing, so demo is already out. Also there are eight updates to go through!

0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 10, 2013, 7:16:10 PM
Well, it has a lot more to think about than Panzer General. I haven't fully grasped everything as I had very little time to play the demo. BTW, there will be an updated demo soon. And there are nine updates to go through at KS... Cool stuff.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 10, 2013, 9:21:11 PM
They're going to have to see some rather serious increases in kicks if they're going to make it - Haven't kicked it personally since it isn't really my thing, but I did kickstart the Pit smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 10, 2013, 9:54:16 PM
Mansen wrote:
They're going to have to see some rather serious increases in kicks if they're going to make it - Haven't kicked it personally since it isn't really my thing, but I did kickstart the Pit smiley: smile

I liked The Pit, but this isn't my kind of game. I'll still buy it when it comes out just to support them though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 22, 2013, 8:45:29 PM
More info, and an appeal about time running out.

Be sure to check the whole Kerberos Productions channel as all the vids have been uploaded. And naturally, don't forget to KICK it!

It would be a huge waste if Kerberos was forced to drop the whole SotS franchise and change the development direction into something very main stream for the masses, which essentially means nothing special.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 22, 2013, 8:48:22 PM
Considering how much work they've already put into playable demos I highly doubt it will be shelved - More likely that they manage to find another publisher as an emergency solution.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 16, 2013, 8:06:04 AM
Sadly the KS campaign was not successful. But as there was still enough interest, Kerberos started a new campaign at IndieGoGo. Visit, fund, win!

Also, there is a new vid to add more info as well as recap the old news for the newcomers.

Kerberos Productions wish all a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Read their latest (tenth) IndieGoGo update for more info.

Obviously the Tarka celebrate it, too, though I'm not sure about the Changed males. What are those? Dig into SotS lore to find out. Or, alternatively, follow this link...

More nice pics there! smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 16, 2013, 10:44:24 AM
Jeez... They can't even get 20.000 on Indiegogo in half the time. Looks like it'll be another close call.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 18, 2013, 11:09:55 AM
True... It is a flexible campaign, so they will get the money even if the goals are not met - and we will still get our game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 19, 2013, 9:34:11 AM
SpaceVoyager wrote:
True... It is a flexible campaign, so they will get the money even if the goals are not met - and we will still get our game.

Good, good ! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 28, 2013, 10:57:00 AM
This is it, the project only lasts for some 40 hours more. Just a note to those who tried to contribute through Kickstarter and are not otherwise familiar with this crowdsourcing stuff; your pledge at Kickstarter was never deducted from your account (because the project did not meet its goal) and your pledge was not automatically transferred to IndieGoGo campaign. If you want to see the project to be successful and Kerberos to only hand over 4% to IGG, you need to pledge at IndieGoGo. I wouldn't be posting this if there was not 200 people who wanted to support this game through Kickstarter and are missing at IndieGoGo.

You being one of them or not, it is not too late to join in! Remember, when your MP foes will think you are at your most vulnerable (taking a... seat... in the toilet), you will be able to plot devious strategies. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 28, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
And one thing to note - Unlike Kickstarter, Indiegogo does not allow take-backs of any kind. Once you've pledged, that's it. You also can't change your pledge up or down.

And furthermore this is a flexible campaign - Regardless of whether they make the goal or not, you're money is gone. (A word of caution - I've been burned once before with 100$ to a IGG campaign that went off the surface of the earth after failing a flexible campaign)

Edit: Now don't take this as me saying that you shouldn't trust Kerberos campaigns - Far from it. It's more a general warning with IGG.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment