Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Terraria

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 12:27:45 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
And let's not forget that minecraft is mostly a sandbox building game with action elements. Terraria is an action-platformer with building and RPG elements. Fighting mobs, killing bosses and struggling to survive is what this game is about.

This - In terms of the combat system and adventure, Terraria is much more fleshed out and refined than Minecraft. Minecraft relies much more heavily on "collect, build, expand" imagination mechanics. Terraria has an actual pace.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 22, 2013, 7:16:47 PM
I've been thinking about buying it but I'm going to see if it goes on sale during winter.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 22, 2013, 4:23:11 PM
Someone I knew bought me Terraria in the hopes I'd play it with him, I tried it but couldn't get over the fact that it was 2D sidescroller and I've never like 2D sidescroller games.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 21, 2013, 10:35:56 AM
Tredecim wrote:
And flipstar smiley: stickouttongue

Terraria is on my "maybe-gonna-buy-list" now smiley: biggrin

It's actually really fun. It was available for like 2€ only on Steam with a sale last week, but yeah, it's a bit too late now!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 20, 2013, 8:51:17 AM
fchenaj wrote:
but glad to see you still around Fenrakk.

And flipstar smiley: stickouttongue

Terraria is on my "maybe-gonna-buy-list" now smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 8:10:38 AM
Terraria fed my 'open-world, voxel (even though it wasn't voxel) fascination with minecraft. Terraria and Cubeworld are now my go-tos when minecraft mod-tinkering gets boring. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 12:13:06 AM
Mansen wrote:
(They couldn't really go with Polaris Podcast - PeePee acronym pronunciation and all that)

I forgot about that smiley: stickouttongue But that's not why, it was purely because he didn't want the podcast to be tied to the channel (in case he and Polaris went their separate ways)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 11:05:14 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Polaris smiley: stickouttongue I don't remember him confirming they would continue, just strongly hinting at it. I missed yesterday's podcast so if they said it then I wouldn't know.

The channel is called Polaris - The podcast has been named Co-Optional Podcast (They couldn't really go with Polaris Podcast - PeePee acronym pronunciation and all that)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 6:19:27 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
Good news for you then - TB has confirmed that they will resume the series once 1.2 goes live. He mentioned this several times on a TGS podcast (or w/e it's called now) and at least once on his twitter smiley: biggrin

Polaris smiley: stickouttongue I don't remember him confirming they would continue, just strongly hinting at it. I missed yesterday's podcast so if they said it then I wouldn't know.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 11:20:56 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Ah, Jesse and TB - but I don't want to watch the series until I know whether or not they'll be continuing it smiley: stickouttongue if they restart when 1.2 comes out I'll be watching it

Good news for you then - TB has confirmed that they will resume the series once 1.2 goes live. He mentioned this several times on a TGS podcast (or w/e it's called now) and at least once on his twitter smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 6, 2013, 11:18:34 PM
PANCZASU wrote:
Or you can watch the greatest playthrough of all times. It's full of failure but it's the good kind of failure.

Just keep in mind that the first ~40 videos are VERY outdated (still worth a watch imo) and a lot of things have been improved since then. Also, Terraria 1.2 is coming out and it's going to be amazing.

Ah, Jesse and TB - but I don't want to watch the series until I know whether or not they'll be continuing it smiley: stickouttongue if they restart when 1.2 comes out I'll be watching it.

Mansen wrote:
This - In terms of the combat system and adventure, Terraria is much more fleshed out and refined than Minecraft. Minecraft relies much more heavily on "collect, build, expand" imagination mechanics. Terraria has an actual pace.

One of the biggest gripes I have with Minecraft is that it relies on timing your attacks (swing just before you get too close or else you take damage), meanwhile it's a game that has constant frame drops even on the best setups.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 3:18:10 PM
I'm real obsessed with Terraria again, does anyone else play? Maybe we could coordinate a bit of boss-killing coop sometime.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 10:52:21 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
That's the short way to put it. It's a thousand times better than minecraft will ever be, though. It's got way more depth.

And Nasarog - it's basically a 2D sidescroller where you collect resources and items and craft things. There's a lot of "Get iron to make the next tier of items to get silver to make the next tier of items to get gold to get the next tier of items." It does involve a lot of searching and hoarding, and it's incredibly addictive.

And let's not forget that minecraft is mostly a sandbox building game with action elements. Terraria is an action-platformer with building and RPG elements. Fighting mobs, killing bosses and struggling to survive is what this game is about.

You can find Terraria on Steam, if seeing screenshots might jog your memory.

Or you can watch the greatest playthrough of all times. It's full of failure but it's the good kind of failure.

Just keep in mind that the first ~40 videos are VERY outdated (still worth a watch imo) and a lot of things have been improved since then. Also, Terraria 1.2 is coming out and it's going to be amazing.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 1:25:09 AM
Nasarog wrote:
Oh, maybe it's something else then.

You can find Terraria on Steam, if seeing screenshots might jog your memory.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 1:17:38 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Dwarves? No.
Oh, maybe it's something else then.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 12:44:23 AM
Nasarog wrote:
It's with pixelated dwarves or something like that, right? Das123 did a playthrough I tried watching once.

Dwarves? No.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 12:22:41 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
That's the short way to put it. It's a thousand times better than minecraft will ever be, though. It's got way more depth.

And Nasarog - it's basically a 2D sidescroller where you collect resources and items and craft things. There's a lot of "Get iron to make the next tier of items to get silver to make the next tier of items to get gold to get the next tier of items." It does involve a lot of searching and hoarding, and it's incredibly addictive.

It's with pixelated dwarves or something like that, right? Das123 did a playthrough I tried watching once.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 11:49:55 PM
Ca_Putt wrote:
bassically 2d minecraft.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 10:57:22 PM
AH, no... not really. I've heard of minecraft, but have no idea what it is.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment