Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

We're looking for a Community Developer Intern!

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 3:57:40 PM

Hey folks,

We're looking for an intern to help me manage our communities, which is, well, among others, the Games2Gether and Steam. We've gone through the usual job posting process, and only today have I realized that, ya know, the ideal candidate might be one of you.

Here is the job posting. The gist is: if you're a forum nerd who is great at English and likes our games, there's a good chance we want to hear from you. 

Job Description

The community development intern is responsible for listening to, growing, and maintaining Amplitude's community across all titles. A successful candidate will be a comfortable and gracious communicator who can move quickly to respond to and exceed community needs and expectations. This can include:

• Acting as the official voice of Amplitude and its games when responding to player inquiries and discussions on Games2gether and Steam
  • Collecting and organizing community feedback to transmit to the production team
  • Being able to rapidly identify conversations that need escalation to managers or production
  • Identifying and elevating influencers within the community
  • Creating and posting original content with the guidance of the Senior Community Developer and the Communication Manager
  • Finding creative ways to motivate community members to connect to the game (competitions, mailings, testing, prizes, etc.) external parties)

Skills and Experience

Required:

• Fully fluent in English, both written and orally
  • Extensive use and understanding of social media
  • Be user-focused with excellent communication skills, as you will need to write public releases for our community
  • Excellent motivation and relationship management skills, including the ability to get along with a variety of people and be a friendly, collaborative and assertive ambassador for our games
  • Strong project management and planning skills: you are able to prioritize and organize your workload according to the need of your audience
  • Ability to work effectively within a team while taking on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
  • Strong attention to details, as your communication to the community will shape Amplitude’s image for its players
  • Passionate about  video games or at least willing to learn about the gaming industry
  • Curiosity, willingness to learn, enthusiasm and humor are absolute pluses of course!

Useful skills and abilities:

• Familiarity with forum management tools
  • Mastery of MS Office suite, Photoshop or other image editing software

If you are interested in applying, please head over to http://careers.sega.co.uk/careers/amplitude-studios/community-developer-internship. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, or shoot me a private message. You can even shoot me a Twitter DM if that's your thing.

Last thing if you apply, make sure to mention your G2G username somewhere in your cover letter!

That's it. Now go and do your thing. And maybe tell your friends.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 4:49:42 PM

This certainly looks interesting, it will be odd at first to have a familiar face suddenly working at amplitude (even if just as an intern).

I’m tempted myself to apply as I’m already doing/ have done a few of the job roles.
Well, I would be if I did not have already have a lot of work to do until this around time next year (or possibly three years time), as well as my fluency in oral English being disputable.

Lightjolly wrote: Do I need to live in France to be considered?

I’m 99% sure it’s a physical position at their office and so it’s best suited to those that live nearby by, but if your willing to move nearby for the duration then you should be fine.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 4:50:03 PM

This is an in-house position in our studio in Paris, therefore, while you don't need to live in France to be considered, you need to be willing to relocate to Paris (or thereabouts).

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 4:56:46 PM

CyRob wrote: I’m 99% sure it’s a physical position at their office and so it’s best suited to those that live nearby by, but if your willing to move nearby for the duration then you should be fine.

Frogsquadron wrote: This is an in-house position in our studio in Paris, therefore, while you don't need to live in France to be considered, you need to be willing to relocate to Paris (or thereabouts).

Jinx, within seconds of each other too.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 4, 2018, 12:34:18 PM

I'll have ample funds to move to paris, but I'm only 20 and I've only just begun my college studies for psychology and computer technology. Would it be worth applying or do they want someone with few years of studies?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 4, 2018, 12:38:53 PM

I'd be rather cross with us if we started asking interns for the classic ole "having just finished their MBA"/"3 years of professional experience in the field" dyptich. Studies are a plus, but the qualities and experiences we're looking for aren't exactly taught in class. If you find your CV lacking, tell us in your cover letter why you'd make a great candidate. What's the worst that can happen?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 4, 2018, 7:53:40 PM

How long would the internship run? Would it be problematic to pursue this internship while the applicant is juggling studies if they are currently in university for undergraduate studies?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 22, 2018, 3:28:40 PM

We're looking for a minimum of 6 months, which doesn't really fit with a studies curriculum. It's a bit easier to envision this for an end of degree internship, which usually have to run for 6 months or more. Most of our internships aim to eventually retain the intern as a full-time employee, though, and considering the workload keeping an eye on you guys is, I'd see no reason it wouldn't be the case for this position either!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment