Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Mandate by Perihelion

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 2, 2013, 9:06:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

In case you guys missed it, you should check out this game that has just successfully finished their KS campaign, The Mandate.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate?ref=live

It is made by some friends of mine, the extremely talented kind, and I think it is definitely worth following very closely. If you like what we do here, then should like what they do! smiley: smile

Spacetroll
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 4, 2013, 8:44:13 AM
I'm already a backer, so you're preaching to the choir, at least in my case. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 12, 2013, 10:13:19 AM
I could see a friendly competition between Amplitude and Perihelion Interactive LLC. I am liking the premise of the game they are producing.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 5:57:05 PM
I don't know that there is any direct competition. They're not really making the same kind of game. There's certainly market overlap but people are going to buy 4X if they want a 4X and an RPG if they want an RPG.

For my part, I've backed The Mandate, which I'm pretty excited for. Other Kickstarters I've backed and would suggest to people interested in science fiction and fantasy:

• Stasis -- Isometric, sci-fi horror, point & click adventure
  • Obduction -- First person, surreal, sci-fantasy, point & click adventure by Cyan of Myst fame
  • Star Citizen -- AAA quality space sim by Chris Roberts of Wing Commander fame
  • Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey -- Third person, surreal, sci-fantasy, point & click adventure, by people from Funcom, and direct sequel to The Longest Journey & Dreamfall
  • Pillars of Eternity -- Old-school isometric RPG by Obsidian, known for their excellent writing in pre-existing franchises (KotOR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout: New Vegas)
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera -- (Isometric?), sci-fantasy RPG, spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, by people from Interplay (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout, Fallout 2)
  • Satellite Reign -- Tactical, cyberpunk RPG and spiritual successor to Syndicate by the people that made the original Syndicate
  • The Long Dark -- First person, post-apocalyptic (with no zombies!), survival game by an array of industry veterans

Now, when I say "suggest," I'm not telling you to back them unless you're comfortable doing that. Stasis has an alpha demo (free to download) and Star Citizen lets you download an alpha version of your hangar and ship (after you've pledged). The other titles have screen shots and videos on the dev blogs but, otherwise, by backing a project you're gambling that the product will both be finished and be worth your money.

That said, I'm excited about all of these and think they're worth a look if you have similar taste. The Stasis demo is great. I certainly trust Cyan (Obduction) and Obsidian (Pillars of Eternity). I have high hopes for these games.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 28, 2013, 2:02:14 PM
Looks interesting. I'll keep my eyes open for it in the future.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment