Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Why do we game?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 5:53:07 PM
I guess I do it because I like to be able to do something I can't do in normal life. Even tho it is not real i still think it is fun and entertaining.

I would love to hear your explination on Why we gamesmiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 5:58:24 PM
It's like playing make-believe . . . a socially acceptable adult version of make-believe. =)

Besides, it's the best way to reset my brain between reading "atrocious opening brief for party A," "absurd opposition brief for party B," and "ridiculously over-postured reply brief for party A."
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 7:20:57 PM
Press X to Jason

But on a more serious note; I actually like games with a good story/setting/atmosphere.

I guess I play them to get a feeling as if I'd live in that universe/story where the game happens
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 7:40:42 PM
adder wrote:
Press X to Jason

But on a more serious note; I actually like games with a good story/setting/atmosphere.

I guess I play them to get a feeling as if I'd live in that universe/story where the game happens

ya I understand the feeling
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 31, 2014, 2:45:32 AM
It's like reading, watching a movie, and life all wrapped into one lol. I especially like games that either involve you in the decision making, or has a good story by itself.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 31, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
I game because it's a form of entertainment thats both passive and active for me. I relax while I play, and use my head. I do no like to play games that frustrate or annoy me. Ex. Dark Souls.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 9:47:35 PM
Varadhon wrote:
socially acceptable adult version of make-believe. =)

That's slightly disturbing, i mean, what would you like to do that's no socialy acceptable for an adult?

I'm kidding of course, anyway, I game because of the variety that games can provide you with if you look in the right places.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 4, 2014, 12:22:15 AM
I play pretty much for the same reason as the OP.

I enjoy Roleplaying and take character creation extremely seriously in all RPGs I play.

Without Roleplaying I feel games remove half the fun out of playing it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 7, 2014, 10:02:04 PM
I'd say "Roleplaying" too - for being able to do things we can't do in base-reality. smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 10, 2014, 11:12:08 AM
Nasarog wrote:
I game because it's a form of entertainment thats both passive and active for me. I relax while I play, and use my head. I do no like to play games that frustrate or annoy me. Ex. Dark Souls.

You and me both.. But a challenge is needed every now and then though smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment