Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The ethics of having more than one Romantic Interest

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jun 20, 2019, 8:57:26 AM

When it comes to the stage that is pre boy/girlfriend, there's basically two camps. In my country (Indonesia) the majority of people who seek relationships subscribe to the belief that it's ok to have more than one romantic interest at a time. The most commonly cited reason is invariably, since Indonesia is so patriarchal and Muslim men are allowed to marry four women, that it's too high a risk for a man to only have one romantic interest at a time because at any time during the relationship the woman could pass on (die) or move cities. In my family though, things are different because our grandparents instil rather early that proper gentlemen should only court one woman at a time and only change romantic interests if he finds out that he and his romantic interest are too incompatible for comfort. I see the wisdom in this stance because if I were a woman I would not want to compete with another for a man who may pick the other woman eventually anyway. What are the community's thoughts?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jan 10, 2020, 3:28:18 PM

Coming from european christian background I can see how monogamy is the only way for an average beta male to effectively reproduce. #patriarchyEverywhere

I find both attitudes ethically neutral according to my personal subjective code of ethics.
What is unethical is actively enforcing one view over the other utilizing "shame".

Since women usually aim for long term commitment, failing to commit to one is not something desireable.
Also ALL MEN ARE THE SAME and:

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment