Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Graphics Cards. Help!!

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jul 6, 2014, 3:15:02 PM
So I am in the market for a new graphics card with a price range of 100-150 USD. I've been looking around and have just found so many that I wondered what you guys used.

One that caught my eye was the GeForce 750 but it comes with a bunch of 3-D stuff that I really don't need. Any suggestions or reccomendations? Thanks smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 6, 2014, 6:12:22 PM
With graphics cards you always want to be at the upper limit of what you can afford. It's that critical.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 6, 2014, 7:20:27 PM
Thanks guys! I have 3 tabs opens just flipping through and comparing plus the site adder put up smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 7, 2014, 5:40:24 PM
T41 wrote:
Any suggestions or reccomendations? Thanks smiley: wink

Not unless you care to mention what hardware you currently have - Processor, Memory, Power Supply wattage and so on and so forth.

Without such basic information you might as well write it on a cardboard box and ask passer-bys for health advice, because nothing we can say here is going to be relevant unless it fits your computer.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 7, 2014, 7:38:20 PM
Mansen wrote:
Not unless you care to mention what hardware you currently have - Processor, Memory, Power Supply wattage and so on and so forth.

Sorry 8 gigs of RAM, AMD Quad Core FX-4130 Processor 3.8 GHz, 64 bit OS, 500 watt rohs power supply.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 7, 2014, 7:52:38 PM
I assume motherboard would be handy aswell, while we're on it. ^^
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 8, 2014, 9:20:50 PM
ATX mobo w/ PCI extensions. That's all I can say :/ I cracked open the case and there was a lot of the mobo's specs but not the name/type on it

I've been looking at the Radeon R9 270X which looks like the rival of the GeForce 750 but from what I've read is better for not too much of a price ($180) and the extra 30 bucks is not a problem.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 9, 2014, 8:22:44 AM
You can always use the directX diagnostics tool on windows system to learn your computers specs including your mainboard. Just go to START > Run > and type "dxdiag"

Also the cards your looking at need a PCIexpress x16 slot. Almost all mainboards these days have them but since you only described it as PCI you should double check if your not sure.

Im a huge Nvidia fan, just saying..
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 9, 2014, 8:29:53 AM
T41 wrote:
I've been looking at the Radeon R9 270X which looks like the rival of the GeForce 750 but from what I've read is better for not too much of a price ($180) and the extra 30 bucks is not a problem.
If you're gonna pick from these 2, the R9 270x is definitely the better choice.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 9, 2014, 9:13:46 AM
Scrivener07 wrote:
You can always use the directX diagnostics tool on windows system to learn your computers specs including your mainboard.

No no no - DXDIAG produces mile long, overly detailed and for the most part utterly useless files on your system. As a user you're much better off using CPU-Z and GPU-Z respectively...

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 9, 2014, 1:58:51 PM
Scrivener07 wrote:
You can always use the directX diagnostics tool on windows system to learn your computers specs including your mainboard. Just go to START > Run > and type "dxdiag"

Also the cards your looking at need a PCIexpress x16 slot. Almost all mainboards these days have them but since you only described it as PCI you should double check if your not sure.

Im a huge Nvidia fan, just saying..

I used the dxdiag and the system info and both times they only read as "system manufacturer" and "system product name."

It's got all of them, thanks for the reference smiley: wink.

My dad thinks the same way you do smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment