Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestion: G2G expanding to SEGA?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 21, 2020, 6:22:19 PM

I know that G2G has been created as a way to communicate with the fans regarding Endless Space and I think it's great!

Amplitude is a part of the SEGA family and fits right into it. A symbiosis of companies you might say...

But what if Games2Gether expanded to "Sega2Gether"? It's not a name suggestion - with that term, I'd like to express that this platform could expand SEGA-wide, like making a "community platform" for more parts of the SEGA family and more fans creating games with more studios (even if it's not every studio or only European studios).

It's only a thought and I don't know how realistic it could be, since I don't have any experience managing a whole platform or a whole company. However, SEGA connecting to the fans is a major reason why I am a SEGA fan and it might be enjoyable for a lot of fans, too.

(PS: I hope I wrote this in the correct section. I've also searched for posts where that question might've come up but didn't find anything. If that question has already been answered elsewhere, please hit me up.)

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 21, 2020, 9:16:20 PM

I guess G2G General would be the best place for this thread but the global off topic has mainly become that anyways so it's a good fit.

I too would like more Sega studios to join Games2Gether or at least about some of it's systems, and even non-Sega studios would be nice.

But it would be a lot for any studio to undertake, Amplitude kind of started with this whole thing in mind.

So I would say while not so likely it's at the very least still a possibility.

And how successful Humankind is may change that,

If it's a big hit Sega & other studios (particularly ones working in the genre) will take note of it.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 22, 2020, 6:58:40 AM

Yeah, more studios means more room for user which means that more moderation and server performance is needed. You'd have to afford that and I imagine that the management of a platform is not easy.

On the other hand, the administration of the site could be adjusted, so that not just Amplitude had to do it.

For instance: The "Amplitude"-section andevery game within it could be administrated by Amplitude while a section for Two Point Studios ad their games could be administrated by themselves, and so on with other studios like Creative Assembly or Hardlight. G2G in general could then be lead by SEGA Europe and Amplitude at the same time. (Like I said, it's only an example.)

If Humankind is successful on Steam, I believe that one of the next steps will be porting the game to other platforms, especially with the new console generation in mind. Providing the game to a wider audience also means taking the plunge to be more successful.

But I guess we just have to be patient. ^^"

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment